Is Clarissa shields really the womens GOAT?

Rockman14

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Looked her up, 11-0, won olympic gold twice, she calls herself the GWOAT..

Leila Ali is 24-0, although she didn't do the olympics, thoughts on her? I never knew about her until this mma stuff, how great is she?

The talent disparity in womens combat sports. Is so vast. Really hard to suggest whos goat. You have 1 elite fighter generally. Fighting nothing but cans 95pct of the time.

MMA is a very young sport. WMMA, even more so. I guess she’s fighting someone tonight, though. Should be interesting.
I don't know anything about Women's Boxing, but calling anyone a GWOAT with 11 fights is embarrassing, people did the same shit with Ronda lol

She's dominant and highly ranked P4P (#1 or #2) but fights in a higher division where there's usually not much female talent. The Olympics are irrelevant when comparing her to older female boxers as it's only been a thing since 2012 so they wouldn't have had a chance to do it.

id say holly has a argument to be the gwoat since she has won world titles in both. Shields is attempting to do something holly has already done

She fights in a dead division lol

The talent disparity in womens combat sports. Is so vast. Really hard to suggest whos goat. You have 1 elite fighter generally. Fighting nothing but cans 95pct of the time.

I find in most women's sports there tends to be one or two elite women who dominate the rest of the female competition. Though, that could change now that men are entering women's sports.

i always found its better to elevate yourself to greatness AFTER you've won your first fight.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back