Is Charles Oliveira gonna suffer the same fate of Tony Ferguson

tripleo

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
as in going 12 fights winning streak and still not getting a title shot
He is on an 8 fights win streak in two years,
has been fighting in the ufc for 10 years
he's paid his due, time for him to fight for the real belt soon.

Maybe so. If he can't get a title shot against Dustin/connor then I hope he gets the nate diaz fight

Sadly this may be true. He deserves the next shot.....hard to believe he'll actually get it due to Uncle Redface's business tactics.

I really hope not. He deserves the title fight now.

I'd really like to see him fight the winner of Conor/Dustin.

Tony got title shots, but circumstances removed him from it multiple times. Tony seemed to not have some level of support, but bad luck really played a huge part too.
Indeed. People seriously need to remember this.

Last edited:
Of course he will. Guys like him, Souza, Fitch, etc. get ripped off while guys like Bisping, McGrewhore hold the divisions hostage.

Tony got title shots, but circumstances removed him from it multiple times. Tony seemed to not have some level of support, but bad luck really played a huge part too.
I dont believe in fate, but tony khabib was obviously fated not to happen :)
Just bad luck and weird circumstances took this fight from us

UFC Camera lighting cable vs the serpent from Fall of Eden

This. I know people don't like interim titles, but he still won one.

tony-ferguson-allume.jpg

No.

If the UFC keeps fucking over the fighters for "money fights" they're going to find that "money fights" aren't profitable anymore. Fans want good fights. A guy like Oliveira can't be held back because of bullshit.

Ferguson never got his shot because of a lot of reasons. His fight with Khabib was scheduled 5 times and each time shit happened to cancel it. Oliveira won't be walking inside with sunglasses on or eating tiramisu during fight week, so he'll be fine.

- Tony got title shots (3 if you include interim titles) as many have said.
- Olivera's streak, as impressive as it is, is still NOWHERE near Tony's, both in length and quality.
- Olivera is 100% in the title picture, I think everybody agrees with that.

I’m a huge Ferg fan but the reality is that he got screwed over by the UFC while actually practicing self sabotage as well, it was a recipe for failure. While it’s true that he was passed over for the TS by the UFC brass for McGregor, he also didn’t take the Holloway fight when offered. He also took Gaethje on short notice after doing the ill advised weight cut, his ego told him he could win that fight. He lost, likely because he took the fight without proper prep, remember his camp was for a grappler. He also took the fight whilst being physically compromised. As long as Oliveira makes better career decisions than Tonyand keeps his ego in check, he won’t suffer the same fate as Tony Ferguson.

Yeah but that’s mainly because the division is about to be put on hold for two years again.

As he's not getting the next shot he should get Gaethje. A win over him would hopefully be enough. But Gaethje could be a tough match-up, he'll make it ugly, so there's that for the Tony comparison. Nate isn't a contender. Oliveira beating him would be just another win, not a win to separate him from other contenders. But, politics, the downside of Conor being around.

And Nate also could be a tough match-up. They both box/sub grapple, and Nate's got some attributes over Charles in the stand-up, while I think Charles is the better grappler, which many can't say vs Nate.

Back