Is Cain the only man to possibly dethrone Jones?

No, every heavyweight could.

This.

Jones is amazing at LHW. The way he he uses his tall lanky frame to his advantage is masterful. Against Cormier, he used his own hands to tie up DC's, got in tight and was able to contort in a way that he could attack DC but DC could hit back.

Against a real HW, that won't happen. Put him in against someone like Werdum and Jones would get wrecked. Werdum is just as big and tall as Jones, has excellent Muay Thai and fantastic BJJ. He could hang with Jones on the feet and school him on the ground. Even guys like Bigfoot and Travis Browne would prove to be too big from Jones.

Jones_Gustafsson_UFC178.jpg

gustafsson-jones-tweet.png

By doing what? Pushing that pace on him and getting the TD? Cain's best training partner who has better wrestling creds tried that and failed.. Cain will not be able to push him on the fence like he did to JDS.. Everyone talks about Cain's cardio and pace.. Well lets see how that cardio looks when he is meeting great resistance to his attacks in all areas..
Well, there is a reason DC dropped down and Cain didnt. Love DC but let's be real here

Does "dethrone" mean something different to MMA fans than is commonly understood in the English language?

Cain can't dethrone Jones unless Cain comes down to 205, which he won't.

And then you have that clothing line, Dethrone.
I remember Jose Aldo and Cain walking out as champs to the Octagon, both wearing shirts that said "Dethrone" on them.
Who, exactly, were they hoping would be dethroned in the fight to follow? The assumption would be that since they were the champs, they were the ones who were sitting on the throne.

of all the lhw's gus has the best chance. hope the rematch happens

It seems Cain is the Jones haters chosen Messiah as the one to beat Jones.

I guess many people here are desperate for anyone to take out the evil Mr. Jones...

People sure can't WAIT to see him lose...the irrational hate here is fucking hilarious.

Jones cuts weight, Cain comes in at 240 flat. Different mentalities!

Everyone is looking at Heavyweight, but I think Weidman could beat Jones. Chris believes it, too. Fight is 50/50 in my eyes, and Chris has even asked for this fight when an opponent needed to step up (Jones refused because he was "nobody").

Know what else Weidman believed? That he would end Silva's reign.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back