Is Cain the only man to possibly dethrone Jones?

ROYALflush

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Werdum's been talkin but let's be realistic here... Any fighter in MMA currently can't do shit to Jones... Rumble/Gustaffson would both get shut down, we all know what would happen to Weidman, JDS would get smoked after his last performance, except maybe Cain, not even sure anymore.

Will he continue to steam-roll until he retires? Or will a more super athletic freak that we haven't heard of yet take his belt later on and become the new #1 P4P fighter?

I think Jones is the best fighter EVER in MMA history and I reckon he would have destroyed Crocop JDS

actually I think hes so good that he could have beaten Crocop and Fedor at the sametime.

Werdum's been talkin but let's be realistic here... Any fighter in MMA currently can't do shit to Jones... Rumble/Gustaffson would both get shut down, JDS would get smoked after his last performance, except maybe Cain, not even sure anymore.

Will he continue to steam-roll until he retires? Or will a more super athletic freak that we haven't heard of yet take his belt later on and become the new #1 P4P fighter?

This is like the 6th thread on this already. This fight convinced me even more that Cain would beat Jon Jones, based on how he was dealing with DC.

DC is not Cain, and Cain is way more diverse than DC. He's 10x more aggressive, has 10x the reflexes, does 10x the damage and the cardio is obvious.

Look at how DC was fighting Jon Jones, he began to allow Jon Jones to fight at his own pace. He got slow and sloppy, can you imagine Cain fighting like that? So far, no.

If DC can do what he did to Jon Jones in rounds 1 and 2, WITHOUT evben using his wrestling, then I imagine Cain can do that even better, finishing the job.

Also DC got broke, something that won't happen to Cain. Cain has paranormal mental strength.

I would also like to mention that I think Cain's wrestling would be far more effective than DC, simply because Cain would have the headmovement, the footwork and ability to use it more effectively.

Want to know what else Cain would do differently? He wouldn't just SIT THERE and simply ALLOW Jon Jones to kick him till he's weak. Cain would make Jon Jones pay for those kicks, that's for damn sure.

The fight would be much different with Cain.

Last edited:
The amount of money that UFC is throwing for guerrilla promoting is amazing.

there is some guys who would be tough fights for jones. jds had a bad night but no reason to write him off yet.

some heavyweights would be fun to see fight Jones because there would be no size disadvantage. Reem/Arlovski/Stipe/Hunt/JDS would all be fun to see fight Jones. Hell I'd even love to see Jones fight a guy like meathead.

So many fun fights for him at HW where he doesn't have huge height advantages.

If he has a human skull, Conor can handle him.

No, every heavyweight could.

I think Jones is the best fighter EVER in MMA history and I reckon he would have destroyed Crocop JDS

actually I think hes so good that he could have beaten Crocop and Fedor at the sametime.

lol funny.
Your not the baddest man of the planet unless your the heavyweight champion of the world.

Jones admited that hes afraid to move up to HW, sadly

Jones surely has a great chance of winning against any heavyweight. There would sure be some interesting match ups for him. I wish he'd move up.

I'm guessing TS didn't watch the Gus fight. Wouldn't exactly call that being "shut down". In fact, many have another word for it: winning.

But to answer ts's concern, Gus, Rumble, Cain, JDS, Stipe, Werdum, Browne, and a few others could at the very least hold their own against Jon. I wouldn't necessarily rule out DC in a rematch either(though obviously Jon would be a big fav).

Last edited:
Gus, DC, Rumble, Werdum, Cain, Weidman, JDS, Stipe and some others can all win against JJ. Jones is GREAT, but he will lose to Gus after Gus disposes of Anthony. But lets assume that he does beat Gus, Anthony and DC again and moves up to HW and wins against the likes of Cain, Werdum and JDS, then my friends, we would have ourselves the undisputed GOAT in Jones.

Jones weakness (if he has weaknesses) he's not that hard to hit once you get inside.
Not that impressiv footwork and head movements

He said he would struggle against big Power punchers, such as JDS, Overrem, Travis,

I think he would win against mark hunt cuz his abilty to use his reach

Cain is a different kind of animal, dont see any human in the world be able to beat him at the moment.

Doesn't Werdum have a reach similar to that of Gus?

Add elite BJJ, very good Muay Thai and years of experience as a HW to the mix and you get a very tough match up for Jon Jones.

I am a huge fan of Jon Jones and have been a fan since the Bonnar fight.

People are getting carried away though - fighting true HWs is very different and I don't believe Jones would look any way as dominant as he has at LHW.

there are many heavyweights who who wreck jones: jds, cain,werdum, bigfoot, i even would think Anthony johnson stands a good chance.

Nope. Cain is not beating Jones. Jones is too good. Jones is GOAT and will retire undefeated beside that loss to Hamill which is a win to Jones.

Gus, DC, Rumble, Werdum, Cain, Weidman, JDS, Stipe and some others can all win against JJ. Jones is GREAT, but he will lose to Gus after Gus disposes of Anthony. But lets assume that he does beat Gus, Anthony and DC again and moves up to HW and wins against the likes of Cain, Werdum and JDS, then my friends, we would have ourselves the undisputed GOAT in Jones.

Jon needs to win and defend he hw strap if he wants to be the GOAT. Most of his elite opponents are half his size and/or past thir prime.

This is like the 6th thread on this already. This fight convinced me even more that Cain would beat Jon Jones, based on how he was dealing with DC.

DC is not Cain, and Cain is way more diverse than DC. He's 10x more aggressive, has 10x the reflexes, does 10x the damage and the cardio is obvious.

Look at how DC was fighting Jon Jones, he began to allow Jon Jones to fight at his own pace. He got slow and sloppy, can you imagine Cain fighting like that? So far, no.

If DC can do what he did to Jon Jones in rounds 1 and 2, WITHOUT evben using his wrestling, then I imagine Cain can do that even better, finishing the job.

Also DC got broke, something that won't happen to Cain. Cain has paranormal mental strength.

I would also like to mention that I think Cain's wrestling would be far more effective than DC, simply because Cain would have the headmovement, the footwork and ability to use it more effectively.

Want to know what else Cain would do differently? He wouldn't just SIT THERE and simply ALLOW Jon Jones to kick him till he's weak. Cain would make Jon Jones pay for those kicks, that's for damn sure.

The fight would be much different with Cain.

How in the hell can you be sure of all of this we haven

Back