Is Cain the only man to possibly dethrone Jones?

Werdum's been talkin but let's be realistic here... Any fighter in MMA currently can't do shit to Jones... Rumble/Gustaffson would both get shut down, we all know what would happen to Weidman, JDS would get smoked after his last performance, except maybe Cain, not even sure anymore.

Will he continue to steam-roll until he retires? Or will a more super athletic freak that we haven't heard of yet take his belt later on and become the new #1 P4P fighter?

Your question is flawed. Based on the absolute fact that making 205 is out of the question for both Velasquez and Werdum. Jones would have to move up to fight either of them, since that is the case, Jones would DETHRONE one of them and become new HW champ.

Unless you meant p4p king in which case Jones nor anybody is p4p king because it does not exist except in your mind.

Nope. Cain is not beating Jones. Jones is too good. Jones is GOAT and will retire undefeated beside that loss to Hamill which is a win to Jones.

Jones is no longer fighting cans, middleweights or past prime legends. He did a great job in winning over both Gus and DC. The problem is, that he will rematch with them again and i don't think he gets passed Gus the second time around. But if he does rematch these guys, including AJ and wins again and again, assuming that he would achieve the same level of success at heavy weight is naive.

Jones weakness (if he has weaknesses) he's not that hard to hit once you get inside.
Not that impressiv footwork and head movements

He said he would struggle against big Power punchers, such as JDS, Overrem, Travis,

I think he would win against mark hunt cuz his abilty to use his reach

Cain is a different kind of animal, dont see any human in the world be able to beat him at the moment.

Man you got to be kidding he injured 90% of the time and has been knocked out before so how could no human be able to beat him.

there are many heavyweights who who wreck jones: jds, cain,werdum, bigfoot, i even would think Anthony johnson stands a good chance.

Whats the difference between DC and those HWs if we turn back the clock to 2013? He was quite dominant at HW, even won a tourney which included Werdum and Bigfoot.

Whats the difference between DC and those HWs if we turn back the clock to 2013? He was quite dominant at HW, even won a tourney which included Werdum and Bigfoot.

DC probably has better cardio and more strength at HW.

DC probably has better cardio and more strength at HW.

He is basically just fatter at HW so i dont see why tbh. Wasnt he like 226 when he fought Nelson? Maybe a crappy opponent but he looked great.

DC would beat him if we take out eye gouging. Plenty of HWs would beat him too.

Then he needs to do the same at MW too, right?

Except that Jon isn't a mw, he's a hw. Fedor, Cain, Cro Cop, etc are considered among the best hw's ever, and are similar in size to Jones, if not smaller. Let Jones beat Cain, JDS, Werdum, etc if he wants to be the GOAT, instead of beating up the Shads, Vitor's, and Sonnen's of the world.

no, because if the fight is at any weight other than 205 JJ's throne wont be up for grabs.

Except that Jon isn't a mw, he's a hw. Fedor, Cain, Cro Cop, etc are considered among the best hw's ever, and are similar in size to Jones, if not smaller. Let Jones beat Cain, JDS, Werdum, etc if he wants to be the GOAT, instead of beating up the Shads, Vitor's, and Sonnen's of the world.

I hear ya.

I believe Jones has already proved that he is the GOAT LHW - to be the GOAT FIGHTER of all time, he would need to do what Fedor did at HW and fight and defeat stronger and heavier opponents.

I don't rule that out. Imagine him vs Jones after he beats Werdum and Jones beats the winner of Gus/Johnson. Remember Cruz's first fight after his 3 year layoff? I shudder to think about what happens to ANYONE in the same cage as Cain if he comes back in that condition. Some guys are just able to get over these layoffs and use them to transform themselves so that on fight night they go into total berserk mode.

As I noted before, Cormier has at the very least implied that Cain has this sort of fighter/gladiator mindset that even he at times legitimately fights intimidating. When Cain is fighting at his best he really is an entirely different kind of beast. The million dollar question is if he is every gonna be in the kind of condition he was in his second two Dos Santos fights.

As great a fighter as Cain is this is a stat that is scary.

He has fought only 5 times since 2011..

Cain would get son'd at HW against Jones and would get destroyed at LHW by Jones.

No possibly. Cain would rape him.

By doing what? Pushing that pace on him and getting the TD? Cain's best training partner who has better wrestling creds tried that and failed.. Cain will not be able to push him on the fence like he did to JDS.. Everyone talks about Cain's cardio and pace.. Well lets see how that cardio looks when he is meeting great resistance to his attacks in all areas..

Back