Is Brandao a tougher fight for Conor ?

diego has been knocked out 5 times. he's killed or be killed standing. very dynamic weapons though. mcgregor has the size advantage. mcgregor has been out for quite a while. he used wrestling to beat hollaway. he can't do that against diego. if mcgregor takes it to the ground, he gets submitted. diego is too good on the ground for someone without the wrestling background. elkins did it, but he has wrestling in his blood.

diego needs to start fast, land with his quickness and take mcgregor down and finish him. i see the poirier fight happening all over again though. i see mcgregor bullying diego and getting the TKO.

Brandao's got no heart.

The monkey on Conor's chest ate it.

Bex_FlxIAAAnD3Y.jpg

Brandao's got no heart.

The monkey on Conor's chest ate it.

Bex_FlxIAAAnD3Y.jpg

lol, still can't believe Conor did that to himself willingly.

Don't see Brandao having much for him, and that's before he gasses.

I think he's a more dangerous match up. Brandao can both submit and knockout guys plus he has an aggressive style. Brandao does tend to slow though.

I think he's a more dangerous match up. Brandao can both submit and knockout guys plus he has an aggressive style. Brandao does tend to slow though.

I would think Brandao's aggression would count against him here (versus Cole who while less explosive probably wouldn't rush in and get KO'd by a counter).

Yeah, Brandao is top 15 (Fight Matrix has him at 16, but whatever, I don't agree with a few of the guys ahead of him) and proven to be dangerous in all areas. Cole is a nostalgic journeyman fighter that some people remember with a little too much fondness. Meanwhile, Diego still exhibits potential to enter the top 10.

Slapping around Caraway and submitting Bermudez is an impressive feat that goes mostly unmentioned. Also, being aligned with a top camp like Jackson's - Winklejohn is something that shouldn't be overlooked.

Still, he has glaring weaknesses in his game, namely his cardio and fight IQ. He's still intriguing though, because those are two things that can be remedied between fights (even though some fighters never manage to).

I still fully expect McGregor to make him look like a showcase match-up though.

I would think Brandao's aggression would count against him here (versus Cole who while less explosive probably wouldn't rush in and get KO'd by a counter).

Yeah, that is possible also. I see it going either 2 ways: (1) Conor does not like to be pressured and has trouble implementing his attacks. (2) What you said; Brando is reckless and gets caught with some counters.

It sucks because I had a feeling Cole was actually going to bring it for this fight and make it exciting because he seems to really dislike him.

Conor should tank his lucky stars that Cole Miller got injured.

Have you ever tried asking an Irish person a yes/no question?
100 bucks if you can get one to answer with a yes or a no. It's impossible. All you will get is, "i do" "I will" "I won't" "I didn't" "I saw" ... Great people though.

Conor's gonna box him up.

Still an interesting fight, though it's a much different fight (striking battle now as opposed to Cole trying to work a takedown/grapple game most likely).

He used to be a beast but doesn't seem to have the heart/fire anymore. Could be wrong though

Miller was a challenge because of his reach as well

Diego is overrated on every aspect (except cardio: everyone can see he hasn't it).
But it's a win-win situation for him afterall.

I think its am easier fight

miller is lanky and and good off his back

Diego has tiny little arms and wings punches and gases after a round

Back