Is Black Beast done once Daniel Cormier puts him on his butt?

Derrick is already done. How often does the puncher's chance thing actually pan out in fights vs very high level opposition? Rather rarely. Now add to that fact that this particular puncher has the cardio of an end stage cancer patient on palliative care. He's not knocking out DC.

Derrick Lewis vs dc is a complete joke. I don't think he's beaten a single solid fighter. Couldn't think of a more non compelling fight in the history of the UFC let alone title fight
Totally agree..
This doesn't get out of the first round.
I even think DC could knock black beast out stood up too..
But this is going be more one sided than everyones favourite prementioned fight..

The problem with these bigger guys first the level of fitness is horrible.

I mean look at that belly fat, flat footed, no spring in their feet and can't even run up and down a hall way at least!

With calcified ligaments offering no looseness in their joints and very little on skills compared to the more agile high in fitness athletic types UFC fighters and weight classes.

You got to have serious core strength to pull-off many martial art moves, highly flexible, mobile and strong.

If you cant do 1000 chin-ups you dont deserve the title shot

20140213015944_daniel_cormier.JPG

get-in-fighting-shape-960x540.jpg

THIS GUY PUTS MORE UFC FIGHTERS TO SHAME THAN I CAN COUNT

nope,
he has some nasty Kamasutra moves when he is on the bottom,
this will surprise DC, and he will pull off, like a gag reflex

Lewis is too big he will knock this Lafayetti the fuck out to make him look bad on the news.

Yes he gases but his power remains ! Let’s go Black beast !!!

What a dumb thread.

It's like you've never even seen him fight.

The problem with these bigger guys first the level of fitness is horrible.

I mean look at that belly fat, flat footed, no spring in their feet and can't even run up and down a hall way at least!

With calcified ligaments offering no looseness in their joints and very little on skills compared to the more agile high in fitness athletic types UFC fighters and weight classes.

You got to have serious core strength to pull-off many martial art moves, highly flexible, mobile and strong.

If you cant do 1000 chin-ups you dont deserve the title shot

20140213015944_daniel_cormier.JPG

get-in-fighting-shape-960x540.jpg

THIS GUY PUTS MORE UFC FIGHTERS TO SHAME THAN I CAN COUNT

I bet somebody's else's pay check DC's cardio would out last that guys in a cage. I'm sure his chin up game is sweet though.

Nobody has been able to keep Black Beast down. He literally just stood up against Roy Nelson.

Member when Oezdemir had the touch of death, we'll see if Black Bum can get of his back

No.

If anything BB has proven over the course of his fight career, it's that he can knock you dead, even when it appears HE'S dead.

DC can't make a mistake in this entire fight, until it is officially over.

I disagree. If BB goes down he's never getting back up. This fight won't go past the first. DC by 1st rd tko/sub. Or BB by obvious ko.

Dude went from getting Sweet Chin-Music'd by Shawn Jordan to fighting for the belt. One of the biggest overachievers in UFC HW history.

Swangin' & bangin'

No.

If anything BB has proven over the course of his fight career, it's that he can knock you dead, even when it appears HE'S dead.

DC can't make a mistake in this entire fight, until it is officially over.

C'mon Arm the man is a big black can of ham I find nothing intriguing about this fight it's equivalent to DC stealing UFC money for this fight. My armchair coaching advice to DC work low & body kicks, but liver digging body kicks and watch him slow to a crawl then you'll have option A (KO his ass) option B (choke his ass)

<DCWhoa>

Difference is, Lewis has LEGIT one punch, COMA you power. And he carries it til the very end.

I actually think DC schools him in this fight, but I will never completely sleep on Black Beast landing some Hail Mary shot.
I think if DC gets Lewis down (and I am sure he WILL) then DC is gonna go for a SUBMISSION.
Think about it.... his hand is not in great shape as everyone knows.... he does *not* really wanna smash Lewis in the face for 15 or 20shots hoping to get a TKO......so......DC is gonna take Lewis down at the earliest opportunity and sub him. Prob an RNC.

Cormier is a clever guy, he thinks about the fight ahead of time, the strategy, and he does not want to re-break his right hand with the huge Lesnar fight coming up...... and he is far less likely to be able to sub lesnar than Lewis so..... He needs his right-hand for Lesnar so he is going to protect it by going for an early submission win against Derrick Lewis. 1st Round wouldn't surprise me.

His best bet is to go insane with a flurry of punches. Like ten seconds of just trying to destroy him. That's his one, single chance in the fight.

Nobody has been able to keep Black Beast down. He literally just stood up against Roy Nelson.

Exactly. Yes, he gasses fast but he actually is pretty explosive and moves really well for 280+ pound giant dude. He looks good when he throws those jumping switch kicks that he likes.

Back