Is BJ Penn the only top BJJ guy with awesome striking

ElCasca

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Usually, all the top Jiu jitsu guys don't have good striking, when i said top BJJ is like people who highlighted in competitions like the ADCC or the World championship.

A lot of top wrestlers have awesome striking game, like Jones and GSP, but in BJJ guy, Penn in the only one i can think.

You could make a point about Aldo, but we havent seen so much of his Jiu jitsu excluding the rumor that he finished Cobrinha.

Bj never placed at ADCC..
i dont think he even ever competed

If you're just talking ADCC fighters you could say Mark Kerr and Jeff Monson, even Tito Ortiz and Matt Serra won medals at ADCC

Slaloming around the obvious troll traps, by mentioning that Werdums striking is really getting up there. Bogus black belt in muay thai aside, he really obliterated Nelson - which isn't easy to do - and held his own against Overeem.

Bj never placed at ADCC..
i dont think he even ever competed

highlighted in competitions like the ADCC or the World championship.
BJ won the BJJ World championship with Gi

Anyone seen Fabricio Werdum's recent fights? He is an elite ADCC competitor, and has now developed an awesome kickboxing game as well. Just ask Roy Nelson's face.

Werdum's striking isn't bad.

Rodrigo, Rogerio, and the Diaz brothers are probably the most notable.

Glover Teixeira has pretty good striking, Belfort as well.

Slaloming around the obvious troll traps, by mentioning that Werdums striking is really getting up there. Bogus black belt in muay thai aside, he really obliterated Nelson - which isn't easy to do - and held his own against Overeem.

I agree that Werdum's striking is painfully underrated.

I wonder if half the people in this thread read the OP.

Back