is big Nogueira still the undisputed second greatest heavyweight ever

giphy.gif

Sure.. with Croatian Cop at #3

No way in Hell. I have Verdoom ahead of him for sure. He is 3 or 4 imho.

Oh he is? The guy who lost to Fedor three times and Mir twice? That guy is ahead of the guy who beat Fedor and Cain?

Give me a fucking break it's not close.

Die hard Pride fanboys will ignore facts. Nogueira getting beat on in the UFC has definitely dropped him from being #2 of all time. How can he be #2 when he was beaten and finished by Mir twice???

Why, he just beat him handily. It would have meant more if Cain won a fight or two first.

Oh, I'm not very excited about rematches if that's what you mean. But beating a guy twice always means more than beating him once. Like Fedor and Mir did to Nog.

Die hard Pride fanboys will ignore facts. Nogueira getting beat on in the UFC has definitely dropped him from being #2 of all time. How can he be #2 when he was beaten and finished by Mir twice???

Yep. Cain beat him twice, Mir beat him twice, and Fedor schooled him twice. That's me being nice too, not including anything in the past 5 years.

Werdum on the other hand has wins over Fedor and Cain.

How can Nog be number two if there are three guys in his career he could have never beat? Top 5? Sure, but not number 2.

Yep. Cain beat him twice, Mir beat him twice, and Fedor schooled him twice. That's me being nice too, not including anything in the past 5 years.

Werdum on the other hand has wins over Fedor and Cain.

How can Nog be number two if there are three guys in his career he could have never beat? Top 5? Sure, but not number 2.

Cain beat him once.....but I Agree with you.....Nog barely beat Tim Sylvia (who Fedor and Mir walked through) I respect Nog and hold him in high regard but we cannot ignore his UFC career and he did not live up to expectations. If someone wants to say he's the 2nd greatest Pride HW of all time I would agree...but to say he's the 2nd greatest HW in the history of MMA...that's flat out ridiculous

Brock smash.....

It was funny how Brock got a title shot at Couture and Nogueira didn't given their track records. I realize it was about money, but Lesnar should have had to face someone else first.

Also humorous that Lesnar never faced Nogueira. If Fedor's whipping boy, Big Nog beats Lesnar it doesn't quite make Lesnar look like the "baddest man on the planet."

Guy was #1 HW many years before losing to Mir.

Unlike JDS, Coulture, Brock or Mir, he held the real HW lineal title once. He was the best for 6 defenses and almost two years before losing it to Fedor.

Yes he is. Anyone who says otherwise simply was not watching the sport during his prime and has only seen the UFC in the modern era. They buy the koolaid that a guy with like 5 fights in 5 years against 3 different people (Cain) is anywhere near the #2 spot despite getting destroyed twice now, losing definitively in two title matches (by KTFO and sub after a beating) in his physical prime... in just 15 fights.

Yes he is. Anyone who says otherwise simply was not watching the sport during his prime and has only seen the UFC in the modern era. They buy the koolaid that a guy with like 5 fights in 5 years against 3 different people (Cain) is anywhere near the #2 spot despite getting destroyed twice now, losing definitively in two title matches (by KTFO and sub after a beating) in his physical prime... in just 15 fights.

this

when he lost to Mir the first time he had almost twice as many victories as Mir had from both wins and losses.

Mir
Championships and achievements

Ultimate Fighting Championship
UFC Heavyweight Championship (One time)
Interim UFC Heavyweight Championship (One time)
Submission of the Night (Two times) vs. Brock Lesnar and Ant

Top 3

Fedor
Nog
Werdum

The next 3 would be Cain, Crocop and JDS

It's hard for me to put Crocop on that list when he's never held any gold in Pride or UFC. I guess he did have that GP victory though.

Back