Is Beltran a top 10 LHW or epic gatekeeper in the making?

Amf018200

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Notes:

• Exciting fighter
  • Great dirty boxing
  • Can absorb unreal punishment
  • New found gas tank at 205?
  • Owns a top p4p chin
  • Outlasted the legendary Pat Barry leg kicks

He was beaten by Te Huna recently, but still not finished. Many believe Tuna to be a next gen prospect in waiting.

There seems to be lots of good match ups for the Mexicutioner, but when I think of the LHW picture, it's a little foggy where he stands.

Where do you think he is at on the pecking order?

Def not a top 10 LHW, but I see him sticking around for a while. He is a solid brawler with a mega chin, I don't see any LHW's being able to finish him. Beltran Vs Vera next.

I would say that he's an excellent gatekeeper. If you lose to Beltran, fighting Jones is probably not your best option.

Def not a top 10 LHW, but I see him sticking around for a while. He is a solid brawler with a mega chin, I don't see any LHW's being able to finish him. Beltran Vs Vera next.

teammates bro

He will certainly be top 10.

Bellators LHW division is kinda weak.

How was his last fight, I know he won by UD, but was it an exciting war like it usually is?

I'd rather watch Yurizan Beltran myself

He is not even close to being a gatekeeper. He is a mediocre lhw that might hang on for a few more fights. I like the guy, nothing against him, he just isnt very talented. He does have a lot of heart though.

I like Beltran as much as the next guy but he is in no way a top ten fighter in lhw weight class or any other for that matter. Him v Maldonado now that would be an amazing fight.

I would actually be down for Joey Beltran vs. Thiago Silva next. But that may take to long seeing as how Thiago got suspended again.

I swear every time Beltran wins there's always a couple threads about how Beltran will be top 10 and will cause the top fighters trouble.
I'm going to wait until he pieces an actual win streak against fighters not named Rolles Gracie and Hague.
Beltran looks better now, I'll give him that, but he's not as good as some people are letting on IMO. I'd say give him Perosh (they were suppose to fight) or Cody Donovan

god sherdog is proof that no matter how mediocre a fighter is that if he can beat another mediocre fighter that someone will think he's an elite fighter.

Sorry but I take it TS didn't see Beltran last fight before Pokrajac. You know the one where James Tehuna made him look like he wasn't a top 50 lhw?

Take it easy. There's nothing wrong with playing devil's advocate.

Back