Is Beltran a top 10 LHW or epic gatekeeper in the making?

Beltran is to LHW what Pat Barry is to HW: an exciting fighter who people love to watch but who will get his ass handed to him by any true top ten guy. I don't think losing to James Te-Huna, then decisioning Igor Pokrajac could possibly qualify you for top 10, or even top 20 in any serious estimation.

Nope... Beltran isn't top 10. I always root for the guy, but I hardly understand how/why he's back in the big leagues.

Beltran's post fight interview was the best.

"My Gf and family were saying 'go back to the old you, stop trying to be technical'" lol

That is not good advice at all.

his boxing looked real crisp this past fight but he'll just be a guy to get good fights win some lose some and that's it

Beltran's post fight interview was the best.

"My Gf and family were saying 'go back to the old you, stop trying to be technical'" lol

That is not good advice at all.

It probably is good advice for him. He's too old to start over as a technical fighter now and he makes his living eating punches and then landing more volume as his opponents gas.

Beltran's gotta learn to Mexecute a gameplan well if he wants to be at the top

Beltran's gotta learn to Mexecute a gameplan well if he wants to be at the top

Which he did very well against Igor. Too soon to crown him top 10, but better than a gatekeeper, IMO.

Future UFC washout? I think the guy should be 3-6 in the UFC, what would you call him?

But he's not, and his losses have been to respectable fighters. Both fighters are better than you give them credit for being.

But he's not, and his losses have been to respectable fighters. Both fighters are better than you give them credit for being.

It's hard for me to give Beltran credit for being an elite fighter when I've trained with him and know it's not the case.

It's hard for me to give Beltran credit for being an elite fighter when I've trained with him and know it's not the case.

I'm not saying he is an elite fighter. But he is 1000% better LHW than he was a HW. When did you train with him?

epic gatekeeper is a good description.

I still havent seen a GIF of the Beltran/Pokerjak epic cholo staredown.

How was his last fight, I know he won by UD, but was it an exciting war like it usually is?

Exciting and dominant against a legit opponent. A lot of fun to watch. I'm a huge Beltran fan but no way will he ever be a top 10 fighter.

Back