Is Beltran a top 10 LHW or epic gatekeeper in the making?

I liken him to Leonard Garcia, in that you know they'll leave it all in the cage and produce some exciting fights.. but they'll never be relevant in their division.

him and maldanado are fun to watch but getting hit in the head and being able to take it dont make you top 10

I'll give Beltran that he's one of the toughest guys in the UFC but his overall skill level is among the worst in the UFC.

He's definitely not a top 10 guy in any division.

Listen to what he said after his last fight. He credited his win over Igor to getting away from being too technical. If his problem in past fights was that he was trying to be too technical then you know he's not going far.

I'm not saying he is an elite fighter. But he is 1000% better LHW than he was a HW. When did you train with him?

Bunch of times when he was a HW and then several times around the period when he was dropping down to LHW. I don't really know what you're basing him being a better LHW than HW on. The guy doesn't improve, fighting less technically is the best advice he's ever going to get.

hell no, he came from a loss only to win by a decision which didn't prove nothing. I cant remember the last time he won impressively against a good fighter

LOL at Beltran top 10 and TeHuna as a great prospect. Neither guy will be top 10 or are top 10.

LOL at Beltran top 10 and TeHuna as a great prospect. Neither guy will be top 10 or are top 10.

I don't know how you could say Te Huna is not a top prospect. He's 4-1 in the UFC , his only loss in the UFC is against a top guy and he has very unusual speed for his size. He may well become a top 10 in his weight class.

Beltran is one of the worst fighters in the UFC. You have to do something to become a gatekeeper, show that a win over you means something. What does a win over Beltran mean? That you don't get cut?

Not top 10 nor will he ever be, but he might be an exciting gatekeeper at best. Regardless of ranking, I love watching him fight.

certainly NOT a top 10 LHW...he did impress in his last fight but hes only 1-1 at LHW in the UFC...he got pretty much owned by Te Huna who isnt top 10 himself...think Beltran is always game for an exciting slugfest...thats about it

Back