Is Bellator in Dana Whites head?

Actually Tito did 7 in a row as a non-champ. The last one was for the belt but Chuck was defending.

Chuck Liddell UFC 66 - Liddell vs. Ortiz 2
Ken Shamrock UFC - The Final Chapter
Ken Shamrock UFC 61 - Bitter Rivals
Forrest Griffin UFC 59 - Reality Check
Vitor Belfort UFC 51 - Super Saturday
Patrick Cote UFC 50 - The War of '04
Chuck Liddell UFC 47 - It's On

Not sure if that's a record but I think it might be. Someone else wanna dig out Chuck and Randy?

Not to nitpick, but wasn't the Final Chapter a free Spike card? And didn't AA vs. Sylvia 2 headline UFC 59?

If that's right, then they'd be at 5 each and that would really make my brain explode.

Da Bombers threads are becoming easier and easier to spot.

And the Curran v Pitbull fight was not that close IMO.
I had it three rounds to two in Curran's favor. Eagerly anticipating the rematch now that Pitbull has five round experience. I think he can take it. If he doesn't, he can always drop to 135 and win another big check.

I had it three rounds to two in Curran's favor. Eagerly anticipating the rematch now that Pitbull has five round experience. I think he can take it. If he doesn't, he can always drop to 135 and win another big check.

I had it 4 rds to 1 Curran, but I could see 3 - 2.

I'd like to see him at 135.

Dudu v Pitbull would be interesting.

Why do I get the feeling that if Rampage/Tito was headlining a UFC card, loads more would buy it? Does a different logo on screen mean that much to people?

You'd be surprised by the fickleness of people. Also, majority of people tend to flock to whatever is cool and acceptable void of any independent thought.

The tombstone now reads: coming soon, invicta and bellator

Hopefully Rampage and Tito's names are big enough to pull in a few extra fans who are only familiar wit the UFC. I kind of doubt it, though.

I doubt it too. If they're old enough fans to know that Tito and Rampage were once relevant, they're probably aware enough to know they aren't anymore. Neither guy has been relevant for a while. Maybe Rampage i guess since he fought Jones somewhat recently...but Tito?

Not to nitpick, but wasn't the Final Chapter a free Spike card? And didn't AA vs. Sylvia 2 headline UFC 59?

If that's right, then they'd be at 5 each and that would really make my brain explode.

You're right on both counts. And facts are all about nit picking, bravo!

In his head?! You really need a better hobby. I think Dana White may be in your head...

Whenever someone mentions Bellator, Tito or Rampage to him he should just respond with "Who?"

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.........

No.

Going down hill from Bellator of a year + ago. The ones that seek out untapped talent and build them.

They still have entertaining cards but seen as you mentioned last week; I'll bring up another thing. Putting all this promotion behind the 37 year old Joe Warren. Looks like they're shifting some to some four man tourneys, even then you the talent in the BW toruney is lacking, but months ago they let 3 BW's; Jimmie Rivera, Ed West and Ronnie Mann go? But someone like Nick Kirk is in the tourney?

Viacom is killing the Bellator I once loved.

The PPV is just a little bit of the issue. Ever since Viacom came on board the direction of the business changed. They used to build their own fighters and very rarely sign UFC castoffs, now that's not the case + other things.

i dont see why signing ufc castoffs is a bad thing. Bellator still has their own upcoming talent and this way their talent has a way to prove that they are legit.

look what pitbull did to Nunes for example

I think it's more to do with the media asking him questions and he's answering them.

the fact that Media are asking him about bellator must be frustrating for Dana.

I hope Bellator does well because more mma>less.

I think Dana is getting more questions now because of their PPV coming up. It is a shame it is being headlined by a meaningless fight. Hopefully they do bring eyes to the exciting guys on the card.

I think he feels like he was fucked over by Ortiz and couture - lets' face it, Ortiz has gone where the wind blows - I was surprised that he would blow up the bridge with the UFC - lets face it, the guy was treated better than most fighters - made a killing and became a second tier fighter - he time came and went - can't compete with the elite of the division.

Back