Is Bellator in Dana Whites head?

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by Da Bombers, Oct 8, 2013.

1. Da Bombers

Da Bombers Purple Belt

Dana's always talking about them in interviews nowadays and I think they are really getting to him. What do you guys think?

2. Oy

Oy Bring back Edith!

I don't think he used to? I seem to remember he even said good things about them way back. So, yeah maybe.

3. MolesyMMA

MolesyMMA Silver Belt

I think it's more to do with the media asking him questions and he's answering them.

Bellator were doing a great job and then the deal with Viacom happened, ever since then the decisions have been off and it's been going down hill. Dana doesn't have anything to be worried about.

4. The Real Pedro

The Real Pedro Red Belt

Yeah, the PPV seems like it might be a huge mistake. I hope Bellator rights the ship, they've been a lot of fun to watch.

5. MolesyMMA

MolesyMMA Silver Belt

The PPV is just a little bit of the issue. Ever since Viacom came on board the direction of the business changed. They used to build their own fighters and very rarely sign UFC castoffs, now that's not the case + other things.

6. ThatBJJGuy

ThatBJJGuy Brown Belt

bjorn is in dana's nightmares

7. ectera

ectera Purple Belt

welp. people are talking about them and they are competition to the UFC.

8. ThatBJJGuy

ThatBJJGuy Brown Belt

in what way is it going down hill after last weeks great card?

i do agree i dont like them signing guys like marcus davis and other washed out tuf fighters on the verge of retiring

9. _Keyser_Soze_

_Keyser_Soze_ Brown Belt

As a previous poster said, Dana is merely answering questions about Bellator. He may get a little testy since I'm sure he hears the same question 100 times a week. Gee Dana, what do you think of Rampage vs. Tito headlining Bellator's first ever PPV?

Is he worried about the competition? Nope.

10. Da Bombers

Da Bombers Purple Belt

I think they've sprinkled their own roster with a few well picked former ufc fighters to get the ufc fans to tune in who wouldn't watch before because they didnt recognize anyone. 90% of the fights are between homegrown bellator talent

11. MirByArmbar

MirByArmbar Green Belt

Bingo

The problem with Bellator is that they've differed from their original, successful model. Their philosophy of building talent was becoming more and more prosperous. However, it seems there was a shift in direction and they were more so trying to be like any other MMA organization as a means of competing with the UFC...But we all know what happens when other organizations competed with the UFC

[​IMG]

12. BillyPilgrim

BillyPilgrim Green Belt

He's just licking hi lips at the upcoming Bellator PPV numbers. My god they are going to be abysmal.

13. MolesyMMA

MolesyMMA Silver Belt

Going down hill from Bellator of a year + ago. The ones that seek out untapped talent and build them.

They still have entertaining cards but seen as you mentioned last week; I'll bring up another thing. Putting all this promotion behind the 37 year old Joe Warren. Looks like they're shifting some to some four man tourneys, even then you the talent in the BW toruney is lacking, but months ago they let 3 BW's; Jimmie Rivera, Ed West and Ronnie Mann go? But someone like Nick Kirk is in the tourney?

14. tombombadil

tombombadil Guest

gotten to

15. Max Power

Max Power Got The Touch Platinum Member

Why do I get the feeling that if Rampage/Tito was headlining a UFC card, loads more would buy it? Does a different logo on screen mean that much to people?

16. Pixel Fist

Pixel Fist Brown Belt

Dana is answering the medias questions, Bellator must be in his head!

17. orangecuse

orangecuse Gold Belt

The last card had that in Lavar and Kongo in Co and ME. They are what you describe here. If they were in a lighter, deeper more skilled weight class they'd be looked down an as way worse then Davis and Kendall Grove. The type of fans Spike TV is looking for since they went into the shitty direction they have are those who get excited about Cheick kongo and Lavar Johson on main cards.

I haven't even seen some of these people like you in Bellator threads a year or two ago. They have gone downhll in case those who started watching just becaue of Shit TV, TNA, War machine. They went donwhill to cater to people like you and to others who I sadly saw get excited about a Janitor-Houston Alexander fight while not knowing who half Bellator roster is.

18. M.V.C.

M.V.C. Silver Belt

I think he doesn't give a shit and is just answering dumb questions from dumb reporters.

19. MrKilroyT

MrKilroyT Brown Belt

I think the media has figured out they can get a sound bite from Dana if they ask about Bellator... that's about it.

20. MrKilroyT

MrKilroyT Brown Belt

Well-picked UFC fighters?... So, Houston Alexander, Lavar, Matyushenko, and Tito are well-picked UFC fighters. Sure. :rolleyes: