Is Being a Gangster...

MarcoW

Bojacked Horsehungman
@Brown
Reaction score
Is being a gangster hot shit?
I've been watching The Wire and they make it seem super dope.

Like all you gotta do is stand on a corner and shoot some guys every once and a while.
And then when you get arrested even if you killed like five people its only for a couple months.

Then later you get to go to parties where 8's and 9's walk around with their tatas hanging out and hit it out with the guys in the hallway.

So what is this realistic or no?

Vqmm_f-maxage-0.gif

You should watch The Corner. It's made by the same guys as The Wire.

It's more realistic.

I knew a few guys who were drug dealers. one guy was murdered, shotgun. one dude got his head cut off in hunters point. one dude his baby momma called the cops on him, said he hit her and was dealing. another dude's house was slways raided by cops.

Yeah its shit alrite.

Even being a "proper" gangster, like old school mafia looks shit.The stress that you might be caught, shot by the opposition or killed by your boss doesn't appear to make for a happy life to me. I think you need to be pretty stupid and have base ideals to think that just getting cash with worth all that.

I've had friends involved in that stuff. From what I noticed, the rise was always great. Money, girls, "power", but ultimately it usually reaches a point where you get too successful and either have rivals or the police after you.

If it's rivals, you have to have a unit around you that can protect you (and those can turn on you at any point), if it's the police, it's usually just a matter of time before you're caught. Both mean living a life where you are constantly looking over your shoulder.

Out of the 10+ people I knew involved in that life, only 1 had a happy ending, as he left the country with his money, but even he can't come back and see certain loved ones and friends.

it's only real if you read it on the Internet . TV is bullshit

Even being a "proper" gangster, like old school mafia looks shit.The stress that you might be caught, shot by the opposition or killed by your boss doesn't appear to make for a happy life to me. I think you need to be pretty stupid and have base ideals to think that just getting cash with worth all that.

Yeah pretty much this, I can't imagine it being a very fun life unless you are just completely oblivious to the danger that you are in on a daily basis.

As long as you are cool with either being ass rpaed or as raping in prison sooner or later.

Watch a few episodes of The First 48. That should answer all your questions. Good career path.

I see plenty of gangbangers in Chicago and let me tell ya... I wouldn't trade lives with any of them.

But if you like the thrill of wondering if you're going to get shot on a daily basis... Move to the South or West side here... You'll get your fill.

I live in Maryland about an hour away from Baltimore. I have my entire life. If you go there it is not the same as that show, like really really not the same.

Being a gangster is so awesome because life is like those rap videos!

You really thought the Wire gangsta life looked cool ?

I thought it looked miserable. Like sub human miserable.

You really thought the Wire gangsta life looked cool ?

I thought it looked miserable. Like sub human miserable.
the top guys were raking in millions doing next to nothing.
Even the random Marlow guy in season 3 was getting millions driving around a ford all day.

I'm on season 3 now. They even have one working dude tell a guy "real life sucks you should go back to the game"

also I think its moronic that they call it the game.
And then somehow by calling it "a part of the game" that excuses literally everything they do.

Is being a gangster hot shit?
I've been watching The Wire and they make it seem super dope.

Like all you gotta do is stand on a corner and shoot some guys every once and a while.
And then when you get arrested even if you killed like five people its only for a couple months.

Then later you get to go to parties where 8's and 9's walk around with their tatas hanging out and hit it out with the guys in the hallway.

So what is this realistic or no?

You stand at your corner, you hear someone whistling "the farmer in the dell" and then this guy shows up.

TheWire-OmarLittle2-Portable.jpg

Back