Is Being a Gangster...

I knew a few guys who were drug dealers. one guy was murdered, shotgun. one dude got his head cut off in hunters point. one dude his baby momma called the cops on him, said he hit her and was dealing. another dude's house was slways raided by cops.

Damn Nig!

In all seriousness, were they associating with classless street gangs or was it guys who were more classier like Mafioso?

I am not saying classier guys have better morality but they are more business-like as oppose to hood rats who are too damn impulsive.

I've had friends involved in that stuff. From what I noticed, the rise was always great. Money, girls, "power", but ultimately it usually reaches a point where you get too successful and either have rivals or the police after you.

If it's rivals, you have to have a unit around you that can protect you (and those can turn on you at any point), if it's the police, it's usually just a matter of time before you're caught. Both mean living a life where you are constantly looking over your shoulder.

Out of the 10+ people I knew involved in that life, only 1 had a happy ending, as he left the country with his money, but even he can't come back and see certain loved ones and friends.

What kind of gang structure/culture are your friends from?

Are these guys the type who took an oath in their organized crime or are they just a crew of criminals operating locally?

Its fun at first when youre too young and stupid to properly understand the danger and long term damage youre doing to your life
Once you start getting older and recognizing and dealing with the consequences and you no longer have that young mans fire in you anymore it becomes miserable real fuckin fast

ok I get that, but they should have partially left that part out.
it was a distraction when his little boy toy got whacked.

For many, it's a function of lack of opportunity and anticipation of limited life expectancy. Also, being a part of something, having a position and the promise of eventual power.

Being a part of a crew and having money in your pocket, even though it's rarely a lot of money. Most would actually make more working at McDonald's.

Is being a gangster hot shit?
I've been watching The Wire and they make it seem super dope.

Like all you gotta do is stand on a corner and shoot some guys every once and a while.
And then when you get arrested even if you killed like five people its only for a couple months.

Then later you get to go to parties where 8's and 9's walk around with their tatas hanging out and hit it out with the guys in the hallway.

So what is this realistic or no?

White Gangsters have it much better in the STates, and CAnada, and Europe than a minority.

In Latin MUrica is better to be Latin American.

You can be a black gangster in Africa, but who really wants to be a gangsta in Africa? YOu may as well be a warlord

In Asia, obviously you can be an asian gangster.

Damn Nig!

In all seriousness, were they associating with classless street gangs or was it guys who were more classier like Mafioso?

I am not saying classier guys have better morality but they are more business-like as oppose to hood rats who are too damn impulsive.

Just some dudes I grew up with. Some I didn't know too well, just went to the same school. It's like one day a friend said, "you remember so-and-so? He dead." One was a close friend. I don't hang with him anymore. He's a druggie junkie. One was an ex-girlfriend's ex.

I doubt any of them were in organized crime. Just some dudes who wanted to be gangstas. Except maybe my ex's ex. They murdered him and like two other people in the house.

I see plenty of gangbangers in Chicago and let me tell ya... I wouldn't trade lives with any of them.

But if you like the thrill of wondering if you're going to get shot on a daily basis... Move to the South or West side here... You'll get your fill.

Then may as well join Special forces. You get steady income, legitimacy, and a uniform which comes with a sense of importance.

It’s so alpha

Way above you cucks’ pay grade

Is being a gangster hot shit?
I've been watching The Wire and they make it seem super dope.

Like all you gotta do is stand on a corner and shoot some guys every once and a while.
And then when you get arrested even if you killed like five people its only for a couple months.

Then later you get to go to parties where 8's and 9's walk around with their tatas hanging out and hit it out with the guys in the hallway.

So what is this realistic or no?

Unless you are really high up like a member of a cartel, your chances of living past 30 are very slim, constant retaliation, and counter retaliations over drug territory.

most gangsters here end up being pathetic and poor meth addicts by age 30 just telling stories of their gangster days al bundy style.

Just some dudes I grew up with. Some I didn't know too well, just went to the same school. It's like one day a friend said, "you remember so-and-so? He dead." One was a close friend. I don't hang with him anymore. He's a druggie junkie. One was an ex-girlfriend's ex.

I doubt any of them were in organized crime. Just some dudes who wanted to be gangstas. Except maybe my ex's ex. They murdered him and like two other people in the house.

That sucks!

It seems gangsta/hood rat types don't have that good of a life expectancy. The culture itself seems so low and impossible to respect.

But a business man like gangster like Al Capone seems like a better option because they can provide occupation for others and there is a level maturity they have that can be akin to that of a wise mentor.

most gangsters here end up being pathetic and poor meth addicts by age 30 just telling stories of their gangster days al bundy style.

Are you talking about modern gangsters?

I mean the culture has changed big time. This was old school gangsters:

34a00284fd95b76c96cc35fb60e9fa94--machine-gun-kelly-machine-guns.jpg

john-gotti-manhattan-federal-court.jpg

They look like real men, not making angry douchbag faces by trying to look hard. Look like easy going businessmen.

Modern gangsters:

halidiot.jpg

goofy.jpg

n64325.jpg

These are gangsters from Vancouver BC. They are also Kalib Starnes buddies. Not even having a second to form an opinion, people refer to these guys as the "Goof troop"

I actually am grateful for the Vancouver/modern gangsters. Their behavior literally makes you NOT want to become a gangster while with Al Capone, I actually have a lot of respect for due to the way he carries himself with class.

But to your point, I am sure there are some classy but low key gangsters and I am sure they have a better life quality then most guys today.

There was a dirt ball guy that was in high school the time I was.

He was a bad ass, always getting in fights. He started to deal some type of drug and I guess everything was going good for him.

Then a few years after high school I saw him walking with a limp, he needed a cane, and was missing his index finger.

According to people who were closer with him said some Eastern Europeans (they said Russians, but they wouldn't know for certain) took all of the stuff he was selling, all of his money, and to stress how serious they were they beat the shit out of him.

Which was kind of crazy to see because again, this guy was a bad ass and legit shitkicker... but it didn't matter. They messed his back up really bad.

I grew up with a guy who became a member of the Detroit Highwaymen Motorcycle Club. He was suspected of killing two FBI informants, which I wouldn't doubt because he did have two tear drop tattoos. He was operating a meth lab out of his house and he is currently in Federal Prison. However, the FBI was never able to prove that he killed the two FBI informants. The really strange thing about this was he was the nicest kid you would ever meet, he was a really good fighter but he would beat up bullies who were beating up people that were weaker.

Chael Sonnen talks about hard life

That sucks!

It seems gangsta/hood rat types don't have that good of a life expectancy. The culture itself seems so low and impossible to respect.

But a business man like gangster like Al Capone seems like a better option because they can provide occupation for others and there is a level maturity they have that can be akin to that of a wise mentor.

Are you talking about modern gangsters?

I mean the culture has changed big time. This was old school gangsters:

34a00284fd95b76c96cc35fb60e9fa94--machine-gun-kelly-machine-guns.jpg

john-gotti-manhattan-federal-court.jpg

They look like real men, not making angry douchbag faces by trying to look hard. Look like easy going businessmen.

Modern gangsters:

halidiot.jpg

goofy.jpg

n64325.jpg

These are gangsters from Vancouver BC. They are also Kalib Starnes buddies. Not even having a second to form an opinion, people refer to these guys as the "Goof troop"

I actually am grateful for the Vancouver/modern gangsters. Their behavior literally makes you NOT want to become a gangster while with Al Capone, I actually have a lot of respect for due to the way he carries himself with class.

But to your point, I am sure there are some classy but low key gangsters and I am sure they have a better life quality then most guys today.

This idea that old school gangsters dressed with style is crap. They weren't rocking out in suits and dressing like that until movies influenced them to dress nice. They used to dress sloppy and not give a fuck.

That said, there's still very much a high level organized crime racket that includes men who dress like real businessmen. These street gangsters you see aren't the real bosses. The real bosses look like Fortune 500 CEOs.

This idea that old school gangsters dressed with style is crap. They weren't rocking out in suits and dressing like that until movies influenced them to dress nice. They used to dress sloppy and not give a fuck.

That said, there's still very much a high level organized crime racket that includes men who dress like real businessmen. These street gangsters you see aren't the real bosses. The real bosses look like Fortune 500 CEOs.

Well that's the evolution of their culture. I mean, they were peasants who had a hard time finding an occupation. Either way, point being is, modern gangsters act and dress like bunch of goofballs + always acting hard on camera.

Back