Opinion Is Australia destined to become an Ásian´country? 100 million people by 2100!

100 mirrion by 2100? Clickey mate!

I was surprised reading that Australia has such few people. It's about size of continental USA with 1/10th the people. Yeah it will fill in. It's just entropy.

Probably would be difficult to have a population that large in OZ. At least from what I've read there isn't enough farmable land to support a large population there

I mean, it was never intended to be a white country. The natives have been essentially removed, much like in many places around the globe. So I see no reason it can't transition to an Asian country over time. Then later it can transition to something else.... cuz that's how social-evolution works.

It’s nice to see them up their standards, out aberage was closer to 7 for the IELTS but that’s because our school wa expensive and only the most serious went there, not the jerks whose parents wanted them to go.

Every one of our students already had a bachelors degree and was going for an advanced degree. Seems like Chinese students going overseas for undergrad stuff primarily go to Canada and New Zealand.

Keep in mind that's just the minimum score to even be considered.
As I'm sure you know if you were involved in migration other than improving IELTS scores, the actual score required will be dependent on the quota for that occupation and the competitiveness of the applications. Which has also gone up as the migration restrictions increased. The migration ceiling is still 190K per year, but 2017/2018 has only seen an intake of 162, 417 (68.4% of which are skilled migrants) due to the restrictions.
For instance:
OCCUPATION ID DESCRIPTION POINTS SCORE DATE OF EFFECT
2211 Accountants 80 17/01/2018 2:50 PM
2212 Auditors, Company Secretaries and Corporate Treasurers 80 12/02/2018 3:27 PM
2334 Electronics Engineer 75 17/05/2018 12:13 AM
2335 Industrial, Mechanical and Production Engineers 75 16/05/2018 7:41 PM
2339 Other Engineering Professionals 75 3/04/2018 11:27 PM
2611 ICT Business and System Analysts 75 18/02/2018 7:19 AM
2613 Software and Applications Programmers 75 26/03/2018 12:06 AM
2631 Computer Network Professionals 75 18/04/2018 7:08 PM

The irony is once the Asians take over immigration will become much stricter. Asians tend believe in strict immigration controls. Manus island will get expanded on a scale we could not have imagined.

The irony is once the Asians take over immigration will become much stricter. Asians tend believe in strict immigration controls. Manus island will get expanded on a scale we could not have imagined.

Manus Island is shut down. A negligible amount of our immigration is refugees (quota of 20,000 p/a usually isn't filled).
Developed Asian nations like South Korea and Japan are now opening up to skilled migration for precisely the same reasons.

Manus Island is shut down. A negligible amount of our immigration is refugees (quota of 20,000 p/a usually isn't filled).
Developed Asian nations like South Korea and Japan are now opening up to skilled migration for precisely the same reasons.

I know Manus island is shut down. I am suggesting that it would get opened up on a larger scale. Look at what the Chinese are doing to the Uighurs.
Do you have a source about Japan. Last time I heard they still had pretty tight border control.

I know Manus island is shut down. I am suggesting that it would get opened up on a larger scale. Look at what the Chinese are doing to the Uighurs.
Do you have a source about Japan. Last time I heard they still had pretty tight border control.

The Uighurs aren't migrants, that's just straight up persecution of minorities.
Refugees are only 10% of our migrant intake and most Australian refugees aren't "Boat People", Manus Island was given political importance entirely disproportionate to the numbers. This isn't a "border control" issue, it's immigration policy.
As for Japan, it's been in the news for years. They don't talk about it, because it's not politically popular, but they've been opening up for some time. They are repeating Germany's mistakes though, with permanent residency but not citizenship.
South Korea is behind them, but with their current fertility rate (0.96 compared to Japan's 1.42) they are bound to catch up.

I was surprised reading that Australia has such few people. It's about size of continental USA with 1/10th the people. Yeah it will fill in. It's just entropy.

It's mostly arid desert. We already have massive salination problems and our water reserves in a lot of places are barely adequate with watering restrictions being the norm. Put the population of the USA here and there will be a corresponding decline in population 3 days later.

Population-density-australia-June-2016.jpg

Everyone lives on the coast because it is uninhabitable in the interior. But notice how they stuff all the aborigines there:
The-Distribution-Of-Australias-Indigenous-People.png

Population-density-australia-June-2016.jpg

Everyone lives on the coast because it is uninhabitable in the interior. But notice how they stuff all the aborigines there:
The-Distribution-Of-Australias-Indigenous-People.png

I think you're misinterpreting native title and Aboriginal lands with where they actually live.

I think you're misinterpreting native title and Aboriginal lands with where they actually live.
yeah the black dots in my map represent their numbers. There is going to be more total people in the developed areas because there is more housing and jobs there but aborigines are still vastly overrepresented in the interior.

yeah the black dots in my map represent their numbers. There is going to be more total people in the developed areas because there is more housing and jobs there but aborigines are still vastly overrepresented in the interior.

That's not because they were "stuffed there", it's because the remote communities on lands unattractive to European settlers were the ones which survived colonisation. Same reason that there's so many in the far north and Torres Strait.
The vast, vast majority still live on the coast.

No such a thing as "destiny". Future can be impacted with the decisions we make today.

The people on their way to the grave have largely forsaken their responsibilities, deeming things as "inevitable", so it will be down to the younger generations to make the actual decisions.

That's not because they were "stuffed there", it's because the remote communities on lands unattractive to European settlers were the ones which survived colonisation. Same reason that there's so many in the far north and Torres Strait.
The vast, vast majority still live on the coast.
is this not a recent reversal of trends? Wikipedia says the aboriginal population grew at twice the rate of overall population since 1996- much of it in urban areas.

is this not a recent reversal of trends? Wikipedia says the aboriginal population grew at twice the rate of overall population since 1996- much of it in urban areas.

I think that would be mistaking the number of people identifying as Aboriginal, with the actual total number of Aboriginals.

Back