Opinion Is Australia destined to become an Ásian´country? 100 million people by 2100!

logically it should be populated with south east asians, like indonesians. the aboriginals to my knowledge didnt live in large parts of australia. I am not sure if australia is a similar situation to the islands off the coast of africa that were unihabited that europeans settled and discovered or how they settled and established much of what is now western south africa namely the cape colony states.

I think Australia should try to get indonesia to become part of its pacific , oceanic ambitions.
The Aborigines were pretty successful, with the most diverse tree of languages anywhere and at one point had inhabited Tasmania. I doubt the population densities are too different now than when it was purely Aborigines, just higher populations now like everywhere else in the world. I could be wrong about that though.

Indonesia actually had some trade relationships with the Aborigines during the reign of the Majapahit kingdom so historically they we're friendly. It makes sense for them to be close now.

Like America, modern Australia was kind of founded on immigrants so there's no real logical reason the Chinese, Indians, or anyone else should be considered a problem for moving in.

I get it, it’s not something I’d like to think about either if I was from there. This was only ~ 3 years back and as far as I can tell from speaking with former business partners there are even more Chinese students heading to australia now with plans to get citizenship and bring their families over.

The Chinese desperately want to not live in China so they are doing everything they can to move and they have the $$$ to do it. Geographically speaking Australia and New Zealand are going to get the Brunt of it.

England would except they actually have fairly strict rules for citizenship where as at one point in Australia it was like you could have 10k AUD in the bank and you’d be elidhable to apply for permanent residence.

I actually felt sort of bad, I’m china, there’s these tv commercials “Australia said yes!!!” That are basically agencies whofor profit will help chinese people exploit the loopholes of the Australian system to get permanent residence. It’s a greasy business but it pays good &$$.

I used to manage IT for a migration agency.
The rules changed 5 years ago. Most of the "migration agents" went out of business over the next few years. You can't get permanent residency as a student unless your English is at least an IELTS score of 6 (across the board, listening, speaking, reading and writing). Your degree has to be in an identified area of skill shortage and you have to get employment within that area.
The rules for business ownership have also changed. You can't just startup a restaurant or hairdresser anymore to qualify under the business owner section (you have to have at least $1.5 Million in the business).

I used to manage IT for a migration agency.
The rules changed 5 years ago. Most of the "migration agents" went out of business over the next few years. You can't get permanent residency as a student unless your English is at least an IELTS score of 6 (across the board, listening, speaking, reading and writing). Your degree has to be in an identified area of skill shortage and you have to get employment within that area.
The rules for business ownership have also changed. You can't just startup a restaurant or hairdresser anymore to qualify under the business owner section (you have to have at least $1.5 Million in the business).

yeah I know all that, I owned an IELTS school with a few other guys. Getting kids to get a 6 is generally pretty easy.

yeah I know all that, I owned an IELTS school with a few other guys. Getting kids to get a 6 is generally pretty easy.
So what's the problem exactly? That they don't speak English fluently enough?

I mean geographically it makes more sense to be populated by Asians than Europeans. Not like the Europeans found some uninhabited wasteland. I thought TS was Asian so I'm kind of curious about what his thoughts are.
<TrumpWrong1>

The Aborigines were pretty successful, with the most diverse tree of languages anywhere and at one point had inhabited Tasmania. I doubt the population densities are too different now than when it was purely Aborigines, just higher populations now like everywhere else in the world. I could be wrong about that though.

Indonesia actually had some trade relationships with the Aborigines during the reign of the Majapahit kingdom so historically they we're friendly. It makes sense for them to be close now.

Like America, modern Australia was kind of founded on immigrants so there's no real logical reason the Chinese, Indians, or anyone else should be considered a problem for moving in.
At the time of European contact, Australian aborigines numbered overed a million. They were subsequently decimated by smallpox.

And I've never heard of trade with Indonesians, though it is close enough to make sense. But where is the evidence of technology and artifacts from their exchanges?

No shit, Sherlock. What about that comment was wrong?

Your idiotic geography comment. Europeans since about hundreds of years ago riding boats powered by the freaking wind on sails have proven they can traverse anywhere on earth. It doesn't matter who happens to live closer to whatever landmass is nearby.

So what's the problem exactly? That they don't speak English fluently enough?

What’s the problem with having too many Chinese people around??? You been to china or been in an area where there are a lot of chinese??? They drive up real estate
Prices and refuse to speak English (my wife is Chinese so call me all the names you want, she’d agree).

The IELTS is Hong is a joke since the test is fairly easily coached/gamed and most universities in china give IELTS classes to students. It is what it is.

What’s the problem with having too many Chinese people around??? You been to china or been in an area where there are a lot of chinese??? They drive up real estate
Prices and refuse to speak English (my wife is Chinese so call me all the names you want, she’d agree).

The IELTS is Hong is a joke since the test is fairly easily coached/gamed and most universities in china give IELTS classes to students. It is what it is.

Here in Canada the Chinese have destroyed our west coast. Nobody can even afford bungalows. In Toronto they have ravaged many sections of it too. A lot of the money is illegal money too, and tied to china. They do not put back into the host country, they use it as a tax haven. In Toronto we have bent to their demands, the streets signs in northern Toronto are also in Chinese despite Chinese not being an official language here compared to french.

I get it, it’s not something I’d like to think about either if I was from there. This was only ~ 3 years back and as far as I can tell from speaking with former business partners there are even more Chinese students heading to australia now with plans to get citizenship and bring their families over.

The Chinese desperately want to not live in China so they are doing everything they can to move and they have the $$$ to do it. Geographically speaking Australia and New Zealand are going to get the Brunt of it.

England would except they actually have fairly strict rules for citizenship where as at one point in Australia it was like you could have 10k AUD in the bank and you’d be elidhable to apply for permanent residence.

I actually felt sort of bad, I’m china, there’s these tv commercials “Australia said yes!!!” That are basically agencies whofor profit will help chinese people exploit the loopholes of the Australian system to get permanent residence. It’s a greasy business but it pays good &$$.

if that is on chinese TV then you can be sure that chinese government wants people to go there and takeover the place like they did in singapore and are doing in phillippines and myanmar and elsewhere. The large chinese diaspora will be prime for spies and loyalists to china entering australian government but really being loyal to the homeland.

At the time of European contact, Australian aborigines numbered overed a million. They were subsequently decimated by smallpox.

And I've never heard of trade with Indonesians, though it is close enough to make sense. But where is the evidence of technology and artifacts from their exchanges?
I found this article talking about more recent trading between Asia and the Aborigines. The Majapahit trading was a claim made in a video I watched recently but I don't know what they were sourcing, may have been mixed up a little. My bad if so. Either way there was friendly trade before Europe.

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.abc.net.au/article/9320452

if that is on chinese TV then you can be sure that chinese government wants people to go there and takeover the place like they did in singapore and are doing in phillippines and myanmar and elsewhere. The large chinese diaspora will be prime for spies and loyalists to china entering australian government but really being loyal to the homeland.

This is another issue, a large portion of them are here to spy, steal, infiltrate, take and report back to the motherland. They are probably the main population of people on Earth that display zero affection for the host nations they buy land in. They don't even hide the fact.

6 now gets you zero points towards the required 65 for skilled migration (increased from 60 this year).
If the "loophole" is having a minimum of a Bachelor's degree in the required field, having worked for at least three years in the required occupation, living in a regional (non-metropolitan) area, being 25-32 years old and having better English than the majority of Australians, that's great.

Yup, in china it’s more or less a jokemhow easy it is to move to Australia and new Zealand. They don’t even try to hide it...

Talk to a chinese student: oh wel I’ll go to school then after 3 years my family will
Come...

6 now gets you zero points towards the required 65 for skilled migration (increased from 60 this year).
If the "loophole" is having a minimum Bachelor's degree, having worked for at least three years in the required occupation, living in a regional (non-metropolitan) area, being 25-32 years old and having better English than the majority of Australians, that's great.

LOL

If the "loophole" is having a minimum Bachelor's degree, having worked for at least three years in the required occupation, living in a regional (non-metropolitan) area, being 25-32 years old and having better English than the majority of Australians, that's great.

It’s nice to see them up their standards, out aberage was closer to 7 for the IELTS but that’s because our school wa expensive and only the most serious went there, not the jerks whose parents wanted them to go.

Every one of our students already had a bachelors degree and was going for an advanced degree. Seems like Chinese students going overseas for undergrad stuff primarily go to Canada and New Zealand.

It’s nice to see them up their standards, out aberage was closer to 7 for the IELTS but that’s because our school wa expensive and only the most serious went there, not the jerks whose parents wanted them to go.

Every one of our students already had a bachelors degree and was going for an advanced degree. Seems like Chinese students going overseas for undergrad stuff primarily go to Canada and New Zealand.

I have no basis for comparison to other countries but my degree (Business/Economics) was filled with Chinese students. It is impossible for them to graduate legitimately. They barely speak a word of English and the tests are heavily essay/long form based and presentations. They graduate because they pay huge fees and pay up front.

Good luck to anyone hiring them.

Back