Opinion Is a rushed vaccine any concern?

Id be more than willing to be the second person to take it if bill gates was the first and he took 3x the normal dose for his body weight

Where did the SARS virus come from? — Still a myth
“One decade has passed by,” says Dr. Jianfeng He with emotion, “We have better disease control system, we have better communication platforms, and the general public’s knowledge and awareness of the prevention and control of infectious disease have dramatically improved. However, the source of SARS virus remains a myth.” A recent report denied the role of civets in transmitting SARS virus and argued that bat is the real culprit. According to Dr. He, however, this is not a new story: early in 2005, some scientists had made the same conclusion. However, up to now there has been no final conclusion.

In January 2003, He and his colleagues conducted an urgent epidemiological survey in Zhongshan City and wrote a report titled “A Preliminary Report on the Survey on the Local outbreak of An Unexplained Acute Respiratory Infectious Disease in Zhongshan City in 2003”, which became the first field epidemiological report on SARS. He was still a young expert then. Today, as the chief expert of the Guangdong Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the director of Guangdong Institute for Infectious Disease Control and Prevention, he plays an important role in the prevention and control of major communicable diseases such as avian influenza and foot and mouth disease.

Go to:
Jianfeng He, chief expert of the Guangdong provincial CDC and the director of Guangdong institute for infectious disease control and prevention
Research on the source of SARS virus is extremely challenging
Nanfang Daily: Recently, in a report titled “Masked palm civet has been wronged for a decade, bat was the real culprit of SARS virus”, CCTV cited the argument made by Prof Kwok-Yung Yuen, a renowned professor of communicable diseases from HKU Li Ka Shing Faculty of Medicine, that the natural host of SARS virus was Rhinolophus sinicus, or Chinese Rufous Horseshoe Bat. What do you think? Where was the SARS virus actually from?

Dr. He: This is not a new finding. In September 2005, Prof Kwok-Yung Yuen and his research team declared that wild bats were SARS virus’ natural host, and their findings were published in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences on 27 September. Meanwhile, Prof. Zheng-Li Shi from Wuhan Institute of Virology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Prof. Shu-Yi Zhang from the Institute of Zoology, and some researchers from Australia also tracked the source of SARS virus to bats, and their findings were published in Science in September 2005. However, these findings remain controversial. The SARS virus carried by bats is quite different from that found in human body, whereas the virus carried by civets has much higher homology. There is a possibility that the virus spread from bats to civets, in which it experienced some mutations before it was transmitted to human beings. However, there lacked sufficient evidences.

In my opinion, tracking the source of SARS virus must be based on objective evidences rather than assumptions. Many people believe that the virus might come from wild animal market, and its hosts might include civets, cats, snakes, wild boars, muntjac, rabbits, pheasants, and bats. However, no specific source has been identified. Today we still do not know where the SARS virus came from and how it disappeared.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3747529/#__sec1title

All of this, going back to original SARS is the result of 'gain of function' allowances in molecular biology.

Accidental or with intent becomes the next step of understanding.

How so? Australia? Japan can't constitutionally implement the same measures. Despite all the efforts casses are shooting up here.
It’s an RNA virus. Currently no vaccines effectively exist against rna viruses. So why would you take a vaccine that doesn’t effectively exist for an RNA virus. Anyone demanding you take one, is selling you something entirely different than a vaccine

It’s an RNA virus. Currently no vaccines effectively exist against rna viruses. So why would you take a vaccine that doesn’t effectively exist for an RNA virus. Anyone demanding you take one, is selling you something entirely different than a vaccine
Is HIV also RNA? Been like 40 years no vaccine... I read no cornoas vaccine has ever been found and they've tried for years. And all of a sudden voila ..yeah right.

Not putting any vaccine in my body until it has been tried and tested.

I'm happy to sit back and let others Guinea-pig for a while.

I'm not going to take it right away. I'm gonna sit back and observe those who do take it, and see if they grow any extra limbs. I'll base my decision off from on how impressive the extra limbs look.

I got a few questions to anyone who is capable of answering them with a shred of knowledge about medicine? Maybe a long shot but worth a crack.

Questions at the bottom.

Not really interested in anti vaxx opinions.

According to the U.S. Department of Health & Human Services .Gov website www.vaccines.gov vaccines go through years of testing.
I'll share a few segments from the website:
How are vaccines tested for safety?
Every licensed and recommended vaccine goes through years of safety testing including:

• Testing and evaluation of the vaccine before it’s licensed by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and recommended for use by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
  • Monitoring the vaccine’s safety after it is recommended for infants, children, or adults
Vaccines are tested before they’re recommended for use
Before a vaccine is ever recommended for use, it’s tested in labs. This process can take several years. FDA uses the information from these tests to decide whether to test the vaccine with people.

During a clinical trial, a vaccine is tested on people who volunteer to get vaccinated. Clinical trials start with 20 to 100 volunteers, but eventually include thousands of volunteers. These tests take several years and answer important questions like:

• Is the vaccine safe?
  • What dose (amount) works best?
  • How does the immune system react to it?
Throughout the process, FDA works closely with the company producing the vaccine to evaluate the vaccine’s safety and effectiveness. All safety concerns must be addressed before FDA licenses a vaccine.

1. Is anyone here not concerned with a rushed product/solution?

2. Why does it usually take several years for vaccine approval? What stages of the process are being skipped?

3. Would you personally be happy to give your kids a rushed vaccine that's not gone through the vigorous long thorough process?

These are questions from a parent who like most others here wants to see the tail end of Coronavirus and step back into reality.

I'm not for or against vaccines, my kids have been immunised with all the recommended ones up to date. I understand the importance of them, I'm just concerned.

I just want covid to stop cock blocking me so I don't give a fuck

The timing after the election is too suspicious, it came out of nowhere. I wonder why...

Nice conspiracy theory but mines has to do with the market. They have been pushing a "We are close to a vaccine" for months now to have the markets continue to soar and have the rich become richer and the poor become poorer. You can bet alot damn poor idiot believed the markets would have crashed due to this pandemic but it just keeps going higher and higher. I am one of those idiots.

yeah, i'm definitely not getting it immediately. but if it goes well after a couple months, i'll give it a shot

I will probably take it, and take my chances since i am already at high risk. But i wouldn't make my kid take it since he doesn't fall under the high risk category.

I'm a little skeptical, but I'll take it. I've lost track of how many vaccines have been put in my body and I'm fine. I've had all kinds of shit that people don't even get anymore injected into me when I was in the Army. It was mandatory to take them before going to the Middle East and 3rd world countries. that was 15 years ago. I also get a flu shot every year as well.

Questions I have

1) initially they (Fauci) said the first vaccines wouldn't block COVID but would simply generate toothless viruses that would mean symptomless infection Now Pfizer is saying it helps block infection in 90% of pool Wtf? How did we do this all of a sudden

Wasn't there a problem or catastrophe that occurred during the adMinistering of polio vaccine? Vaccines take so long to develop because we don't know much about them We still haven't figured it out so I'm a bit baffled how we haven't found the cure for tswine flu but we suddenly have the cure for COVID?

I want the explanation of that mess

not to me because i am not going to take it neither are my family or extended family.

I am worried. But I am more worried about the impact of Corona on society. Here in Japan the suicide rate is up, like26% former and 86% for women. I'll take a whacky side effect for normalcy.

Shit Man you already had the Kawazaki diseas as a kid right?

Yeah I am looking forward to this Vaccine I hope it works sooner than is expected.

Some dr. dude on CNN says yeah there might be concerns for rushing this in and the upcoming Biden administration may need to decide and way the risks.

so its not just some Anti Vaxx bias.

What I am wondering is if it makes you imune to Carona Chinese Virus. Can this work on the Common cold?

I get colds like 6 times a year depending how steeasful my job schedule.

Back