Iron Mike tyson Legend

My favorite fighter in any discipline of all time ! Could've, would've, should've been the g.o.a.t ... but ... shit, unfortunately, happens.

He could of possibly been the greatest HW of all time but unfortunately, his pea sized brain prevented it.

Too bad, such God given talent wasted.

He could of possibly been the greatest HW of all time but unfortunately, his pea sized brain prevented it.

Too bad, such God given talent wasted.

He would not be the best even at his generation with Lennox Lewis around.

Tyson is a disgrace to the sport of boxing based on his antics. He could have been remembered as a legend, but he is remembered for his disgraceful antics over the years. Any old school fan or boxer will tell you the same. I am a huge boxing fan for almost 30 years and have zero respect for Tyson.:mad:

Tyson was one of the best IMO, watching his movie really made me understand/like him even more.

I wonder how he'd be looked at if he retired in 1989... Think about it, it's not that absurd. Financially he was great at that time, already had made more money than Ali, Marciano, Foreman and Holmes combined before him. And as far as his legacy goes it only got worse after that.

Of course he'd still be ranked behind someone like Ali who took on Frazier, Norton and Foreman past his prime. And won most of his fights.
But maybe he'd be ranked ahead of someone like Holyfield. The two Tyson fights MADE Evander Holyfield. Other than that he suffered two losses against Riddick Bowe and two losses (really two) against Lennox Lewis.
Wins over old guys like Holmes and Foreman, but totally declassed by James Toney. But when you think about Holyfield, you think about Tyson. That's why he was willing to sit down in an interview with Tyson last year despite the ear bite.

No question he is a legend. One of the most feared/exciting/successful fighters ever in his day.

Tyson didn't fare too well against people that weren't intimidated by him. And his reign as champion was short lived. Like a couple of others on here, I have him just outside the top ten.

Ali
Dempsey
Louis
Holmes
Lewis
Johnson
Marciano
Foreman
Frazier
Liston

And then you have guys such as Sullivan and Jeffries. No or next to no footage of them. Champions for quite some time. And somehow I cant imagine any of them being too intimidated...

^^^ Top 10 knocked together in a few seconds. Holmes wouldn't be quite so high if I sat here and thought about it. Just a few names I have ahead of Iron Mike...

Tyson didn't fare too well against people that weren't intimidated by him. And his reign as champion was short lived. Like a couple of others on here, I have him just outside the top ten.

Ali
Dempsey
Louis
Holmes
Lewis
Johnson
Marciano
Foreman
Frazier
Liston

And then you have guys such as Sullivan and Jeffries. No or next to no footage of them. Champions for quite some time. And somehow I cant imagine any of them being too intimidated...

Are you talking about lennox lewis, A prime tyson would destroy him

Indeed.

Just like he did when they trained together as youngsters.

Oh no. Wait ...

You got some reading to do, pal.

A prime Tyson would be on the end of Lewis' jab all night. Get frustrated. Tired. And then knocked out. Prime Tyson couldn't put away Razor Ruddock, but he's going to destroy Lewis?

You must be new to the sport.

Indeed.

Oh no. Wait ...

A prime Tyson would be on the end of Lewis' jab all night. Get frustrated. Tired. And then knocked out. Prime Tyson couldn't put away Razor Ruddock, but he's going to destroy Lewis?

Tyson beat ruddock twice, And that fight between lewis tyson was out of his prime then, A prime Tyson would beat lewis easy

Indeed.

Oh no. Wait ...

What? 2 things, he TKO'd Razor (controversial or not) in the 7th in their first meeting and this was not Tyson in his prime.

And the 2nd?

I don't know a single credible critic that ranks Tyson over Lewis.

Where does Lewis rank then? He can't be in the Top Ten if below Tyson???

Remembering ofcourse Lewis beat every guy he ever faced. That Tyson paid millions NOT to fight him (LOL) and Riddick Bowe (the only big name at the time he didn't face) was scared shitless of the guy. One other big name I guess - Foreman. ''I don't want that fight. I'd get hurt.''

And the 2nd?

I don't know a single credible critic that ranks Tyson over Lewis.

Where does Lewis rank then? He can't be in the Top Ten if below Tyson???

Remembering ofcourse Lewis beat every guy he ever faced. That Tyson paid millions NOT to fight him (LOL) and Riddick Bowe (the only big name at the time he didn't face) was scared shitless of the guy. One other big name I guess - Foreman. ''I don't want that fight. I'd get hurt.''

We never saw "Prime Tyson" after Rooney left, 1988. He was a head-hunting bully with no gas tank when he fought Lewis, Holyfield and Razor (who he beat twice).

Okay. So Tyson's prime lasted 2 years, ending in 1988. During that time he beat ..... and .... which means he is better than Lewis because.... I have Tyson ...... all time and Lewis ...... all time.

Able ti fill in the blanks?

Tyson beat ruddock twice, And that fight between lewis tyson was out of his prime then, A prime Tyson would beat lewis easy

thats debatable are you talking about the same tyson who avoided riddick bowe and evander holyfield like the plague in his "prime"?

Back