Iron Mike tyson Legend

No. Tyson fought both Bruno and Carl Williams when his personal life was taking over his boxing. He KO Williams in the first and Bruno in the 5th. But people forget that Bruno had Tyson rocked at the end of the first.

"He's hurt Tyson, he's hurt Tyson"

Tyson won the heavy weight title at 20 years old. He is the youngest heavyweight in history. He combined all the belts and demolished Spinks who beat Holmes...etcetera. He was the lineal champion. Mike Tyson at his best, with Cus by his side was a tornado of destruction. He had knock out power in both hands and moved as fast as a lightweight. I think the thing I most enjoyed about Mike was that his opponents were always so much larger than him and he found a way to become champion.

Yeah, his mentor died and Mike got involved with the wrong crowds. He threw away a lot of years in prison. He wasted so much talent. However, I still think his accomplishments are more than enough to get him into the Hall Of Fame.

Mike Tyson will go down as one of the best fighters that ever lived. He is a legend.

Last edited:
It doesnt help when you party with hookers the night before your fight either.

Ranking Tyson is kinda hard. I personally have Tyson at the 10th place in my list.

However, boxing afficionadoes tend to dispute this (pointing to his lack of heart and the fact that he lost to the other two great hws of his time: lennox and evander). Most unbiased boxing historians put him at 11, 12, or 13 of all time (Bert Sugar had him at 14). On the flip side, some ppl rate him higher (hell, George Foreman listed him at number 8 back in 2002).

Anyways, my list goes something like this:

1. Joe Louis
2. Muhammad Ali
3. Jack Johnson
4. Ezzard Charles
5. Rocky Marciano
6. Jack Dempsey
7. George Foreman
8. Joe Frazier
9. Evander Holyfield
10. Mike Tyson

I fail to see how Rocky Marciano could be ranked higher then mike. The Rock had less title defenses, and a number of close calls against past-it fighters. The only big names on his resume where FAR past their best. Before the loss to Douglas, Tyson had surpassed the rocks achievements, I guess he just didn't quit soon enough.

QUITTING undefeated is not an accomplishment (hell valuev nearly matched the rocks record). It just adds mystique, but if we're giving points for mystique then tyson should be #2, right after ali.

No way he is above Foreman, Holyfield, L. Lewis, Ali, Joe Louis, Rocky Marciano, Sonny Liston, Larry Holmes, Joe Frazier, Floyd Patterson, Shavers, etc. on and on.

He fought in a really weak time at HW, he never beat a great, true HW except Holmes, which was a silly fight because Holmes was fat and way out of his prime. Spinks was the only notable victory, and Spinks was a LHW.

i remember tyson having serious trouble against buster mathis until he landed that ko in rd3, tyson was missing a lot of punches and WOW what a fast count on buster was that rigged?

No i don't think it was rigged,That right uppercut was deadly he landed to ko Buster.

Last edited:
I fail to see how Rocky Marciano could be ranked higher then mike. The Rock had less title defenses, and a number of close calls against past-it fighters. The only big names on his resume where FAR past their best. Before the loss to Douglas, Tyson had surpassed the rocks achievements, I guess he just didn't quit soon enough.

QUITTING undefeated is not an accomplishment (hell valuev nearly matched the rocks record). It just adds mystique, but if we're giving points for mystique then tyson should be #2, right after ali.

Absolutely awful post. And a perfect example of why 'belts' should not be awarded due simply to post count. I mean, you even highlighted QUITTING just to show how ignorant you are. How is Rocky beating everyone with a legitimate shout, getting old and saying ''I'm calling it a day'' QUITTING? Rocky cleared out the division against the odds and then left it to the younger fighters (Patterson being the next Champ.) Perfect.

If only thread would pop up about how Evander Holyfield was a legend, but they don't, because he wasn't a thug...

I agree Evander is a legend 4 time world champion, Ali another legend considered one of the greatest heavyweight championship boxers,And Tyson He won the WBC title when he was 20 years old after defeating Trevor Berbick by a TKO,The Baddest Man on the Planet knockout Michael Spinks in the first 91 seconds of the fight. Tyson is a legend and will of be remembered as one of boxing's greats.

Tyson is a top 3 heavy until you actually make a list.

Very few guys could have dealt with a prime 21 year old Tyson.

That said on actual accomplishments many guys are ahead of him.

Could he beat them.........

Sure at his best he could beat anyone. But that trained 20 year old machine broke down along time ago.

Prime Tyson destroys Marciano. Larry Holmes and Big George would to, as would Lewis.

Ability wise he is top 3 in my book. But if I listed the greatest heavies he is top 10. Back end.

Sure at his best he could beat anyone. But that trained 20 year old machine broke down along time ago.

Prime Tyson destroys Marciano. Larry Holmes and Big George would to, as would Lewis.

Ability wise he is top 3 in my book. But if I listed the greatest heavies he is top 10. Back end.

Outstanding post. Tyson is a lot like Barry Sanders, all this immense skill but did he really get a chance to show it? Tyson fought the best at his time, yet his opposition wasn't that great overall, and mentally he quickly degraded. Barry Sanders had the skill, but played for an awful team.

Based on pure skills, Tyson, it could be agrued is easily top 5 all time HW boxers. But when you compare his wins versus other dominant champs you could argue that standing drops.

Another poster mentioned Rocky Marciano. Marciano waged WAR with his opponents. Are they some of the best names in HW? No. But the man retired undefeated and you think Tyson was a small HW, Rocky was 5'10 and around 185 pounds. "Suzie Q" could put any HW, of any era, out.

problem with tyson as soon as he fought someone who wasnt afraid or intimidated by him he was screwed. holyfield and lewis were not afraid of him, and tyson was great but not the "greatest" he fought at a time in a weak division if you thought what buster douglas did was bad riddick bowe and holyfield would have done much worse. but tyson was protected by don king but yes tysons skills were still amazing to say the least but the greatest hw? not even close.

problem with tyson as soon as he fought someone who wasnt afraid or intimidated by him he was screwed. holyfield and lewis were not afraid of him, and tyson was great but not the "greatest" he fought at a time in a weak division if you thought what buster douglas did was bad riddick bowe and holyfield would have done much worse. but tyson was protected by don king but yes tysons skills were still amazing to say the least but the greatest hw? not even close.

Yes and no. I don't think Frank Bruno (x2), Larry Holmes or Razor Ruddock (x2) feared Tyson.

Brunoi was scared shitless of Tyson!

Have a look again.

Wide eyed Bruno Christ crosses himself like 100 times on his way to the ring!

lol@ all these tyson nuthuggers in here. Was Tyson a top 15 heavyweight? Sure

Top 10? Nope...

Lewis outranks him easily... your all debating about Tyson in his prime and how he would "destroy all these top fighters" but guess what he didn't.. he looked great against lower competition and got soundly defeated against elite competition. How are you rating someone for something they never did?

Back