International Iran's only female Olympic medalist leaves country, defects

A slave doing kitchen/child-bearing duties is objectively better off than a slave doing physical labor/military duties.

In much of the Middle East, men die like flies.
I'd rather lay bricks than give birth, what the fuck are you talking about?

Brave choice, knowing that family members that were left behind will be targeted.

The media is always pushing people towards some sort of conflict. As long as people keep that in mind, they can read stories like this, while reminding themselves that such experiences are probably not limited to Iranian women only.

I'm sure many Saudi women feel the same way.

I don't see an outright war being in anyone's best interests, for now. This was proven not only by the reactions of America and Iran, but Israel and Saudi Arabia.
Looks to me like a lot of posters are eating this up and ignoring Saudi Arabia.

I'd rather lay bricks than give birth, what the fuck are you talking about?

Go ahead and lay bricks in places like Dubai, Qatar and Saudi Arabia. Then I'll believe you.

Thread about oppressed woman turns into "but men are most oppressed".

{<huh}

Bless the incels of shartdog.

Just being objective. Life's miserable all around, in those parts.

Sorry to ruin the pity party.

You should probably start a thread on how hard it is being a dude in the ME. Maybe wax philosophically about the struggles of picking the right acid to throw on your sister for dishonoring the family when she read a book.

lol... And who exactly are responsible for life being shitty there?

lol... And who exactly are responsible for life being shitty there?

Tyrannical pieces of shit in charge and a backwards culture. Not to mention being bombed to smithereens every 5 years.

Women objectively have it harder in the ME than men. They are far more oppressed. They can't be seen with strangers, they must have their husband with them pretty much at all times unless they are at home. Can't show their hair or any skin without being raped, in which case it's their fault and not the man's. They were just allowed to drive in Saudi Arabia.

Women objectively have it harder in the ME than men. They are far more oppressed. They can't be seen with strangers, they must have their husband with them pretty much at all times unless they are at home. Can't show their hair or any skin without being raped, in which case it's their fault and not the man's. They were just allowed to drive in Saudi Arabia.

Depends on which group of males we are comparing them to.

The highs and lows of men tend to be more drastic than those of women, under most circumstances.

Last edited:
Depends on which group of males we are comparing them to.

The highs and lows of men tend to be more drastic than those of women, under most circumstances.
Difference is that the men usually have a choice, albeit economics may force them to do whatever. But at the end of the day, they can usually choose. Women don't seem to have that luxury, for the most part.

Difference is that the men usually have a choice, albeit economics may force them to do whatever. But at the end of the day, they can usually choose. Women don't seem to have that luxury, for the most part.

A choice between terrible options is only an illusion of choice. In truth there is almost zero chance for any economic/social progress for a Middle Eastern man, no different from the women. Except through violence (which is why we see lots of it).

The liberalization of the Middle Eastern woman would first require the liberalization of the Middle Eastern man.

In their current state, the men do not believe in liberty, because they themselves do not experience it. There's nothing positive in their lives that they could reflect upon as something which they would wish to share. They can only perpetuate their misery on others.

The society's expectations, rigid and unforgiving, which they are required to live up to as men, leads them to believe that women likewise must be subjected to such expectations, in accord with Islamic dogma.

There can be no such a thing as a liberalization of the Middle Eastern women unless we solve the problems that the men are experiencing. Many attempts have been made, but lack of opportunities, inequality, discrimination, repression, tyranny, have always brought things back to the way they were. Most times, the "secular regimes" which made liberal proposals, always cast off and oppressed some group of men who eventually managed to bring everything back to the Stone Age, if for no other reason but a huge "fuck you" to everyone else.

Back