International Iran's only female Olympic medalist leaves country, defects

A choice between terrible options is only an illusion of choice. In truth there is almost zero chance for any economic/social progress for a Middle Eastern man, no different from the women. Except through violence.

The liberalization of the Middle Eastern woman would first require the liberalization of the Middle Eastern man.

In their current state, the men do not believe in liberty, because they themselves do not experience it. There's nothing positive in their lives that they could reflect upon as something that they would wish to share. They can only perpetuate their misery on others.

The society's expectations, rigid and unforgiving, which they are required to live up to as men, leads them to believe that women likewise must be subjected to such expectations, in accord with Islamic dogma.

There can be no such a thing as a liberalization of the Middle Eastern women unless we solve the problems that the men are experiencing. Many attempts have been made, but lack of opportunities, inequality, discrimination, repression, tyranny, have always brought things back to the way they were.
This is all true. But in that society, a man still ranks above a woman. So even though the men have it terrible, it's still slightly better than the women. It seems like you're agreeing with me, it's just that for the women to have it better, then men must excel first. True, but my point was mainly about the women having it worse, even though men have it bad, too.

This is all true. But in that society, a man still ranks above a woman. So even though the men have it terrible, it's still slightly better than the women. It seems like you're agreeing with me, it's just that for the women to have it better, then men must excel first. True, but my point was mainly about the women having it worse, even though men have it bad, too.

The thing is, men can have it plenty worse. There are hardly any more horrifying stories that you can read, than how some workers are exploited in places like Saudi Arabia, Qatar and elsewhere, or boys in places like Afghanistan.

Women, at the very least, are seen resources to be protected at all costs, with brutal punishments rendered to anyone who dares touch them, whereas men are thrown to the wolves.

From our perspective, sure, the women have less liberty, but liberty in such a state as much of the Middle East resides under, is the liberty to die in a pointless war, get murdered by a tyrannical regime, or work like a slave until you're physically done. From their point of view, they are "protecting" the women from such liberties, and thus, doing them a favour.

A good example of what I'm talking about:

Some of these places are just screwed-up beyond belief.

Last edited:
The thing is, men can have it plenty worse. There are hardly any more horrifying stories that you can read, than how some workers are exploited in places like Saudi Arabia, Qatar and elsewhere, or boys in places like Afghanistan.

Women, at the very least, are seen resources to be protected at all costs, with brutal punishments rendered to anyone who dares touch them, whereas men are thrown to the wolves.

From our perspective, sure, the women have less liberty, but liberty in such a state as much of the Middle East resides under, is the liberty to die in a pointless war, get murdered by a tyrannical regime, or work like a slave until you're physically done. From their point of view, they are "protecting" the women from such liberties, and thus, doing them a favour.
I dunno, there are plenty of stories about a woman being raped, and when they report it, they are the ones who end up being stoned for being provocative. Or the ones about the woman trying to flee a forced marriage, and their own family ends up being the ones who kill her. Obviously not everyone is like that, but it seems like when it happens, nobody seems to mind and it's just a normal occurrence.

I dunno, there are plenty of stories about a woman being raped, and when they report it, they are the ones who end up being stoned for being provocative. Or the ones about the woman trying to flee a forced marriage, and their own family ends up being the ones who kill her. Obviously not everyone is like that, but it seems like when it happens, nobody seems to mind and it's just a normal occurrence.

Of course, but in the majority of cases, a man who attempted to rape a woman, would get brutalized by the family, who've now lost a valuable asset. Terror prevents most people from doing anything of that sort.

Even the women who've arrived into our country from places like Iraq and Afghanistan, have said this to the media many times, when asked about why the Middle Eastern man behave so "loosely" over here compared to the Middle East, where most men just stare firmly into the ground at all times, that it's just different over there. Any man who attempts rape is going to have their balls cut off, on the spot. No questions asked, old school Southern lynch mob mentality. You're not going to see it taken to court.

This, unfortunately, in places like Afghanistan in particular, leads to behaviour where "boys" are seen as an acceptable target for predators since the women are off the table. There's even a saying around those parts that goes something like "women are for children, boys are for pleasure". Most police chiefs there seem to surround themselves with a harem of young boys, and these are the people who are supposed to protect them from abuse.

Last edited:
Now she should come to America forget about taekwondo and compete in volleyball

egypt-volleyball.jpg

Now she should come to America forget about taekwondo and compete in volleyball

egypt-volleyball.jpg
Both outfits are ridiculous tbh. A t shirt and shorts would work just fine.

Good for her. I hope she inspires girls to do the same.

Looks to me like a lot of posters are eating this up and ignoring Saudi Arabia.

The reality on the GOP side is clear: The human rights record of a nation is irrelevant. How their governments treat their citizens is irrelevant. All that matters is whether or not a nation has an alliance with the US. Period.

But they still love to get on their phony high horse about human rights abuses and the "evil" that exists in those countries that refuse to align with US goals and interests.

Back