IPF Current World Records

CarnalSalvation said:
Not in the IPF they don't you jackasses.

Yeah, I thought most guys here knew the difference.

I don't recognize the IPA lifts. Don't get me wrong, they're incredibly impressive, but if they want my regard as the strongest men in the world, they need to go outlift the IPF guys.

Besides what Carnal said (and bench shirts are only the tip of the iceberg), IPA drug testing is notoriously...I dunno, what would you say, nonexistent? But I've heard conflicting views on how strict the IPF actually enforces their policies, too.

CarnalSalvation said:
Don't get me wrong, I'm not IPF fan, but I don't want apples compared to oranges here.

Which organization do you compete in, Carnal? I gotta say, man, I can't stand triple-ply benchshirts.

I wish everything was as RAW as safely possible.

Urban said:
For those interested, these are the more comprehensive world records http://www.powermagonline.com/latest-news/records.asp

Hell yeah, thanks Urban. I have that bookmark on my laptop at home. I couldn't find that it. I wanted to include this link in my original post, too (to preclude the one-ups).

HOLY SHIT.

I didn't realize Markus Schick became the first man to bench 4x his bodyweight!!!

Bodyweight= 162.5 pounds
Bench Press= 650.4 pounds

Triple-ply or whatever, that's fucking incredible.

Madmick said:
Hell yeah, thanks Urban. I have that bookmark on my laptop at home. I couldn't find that it. I wanted to include this link in my original post, too (to preclude the one-ups).

HOLY SHIT.

I didn't realize Markus Schick became the first man to bench 4x his bodyweight!!!

Bodyweight= 162.5 pounds
Bench Press= 650.4 pounds

Triple-ply or whatever, that's fucking incredible.

Not taking anything away from Schick - his lift is impressive as hell, but I think someone like Joe Mazza who benched 615 at 165 and probably has two or three times the ROM of Marcus is more impressive in my book.

Marcus was born to bench - with his short arms his ROM seriously looks to be under 6 inches.

nudge119 said:
Not taking anything away from Schick - his lift is impressive as hell, but I think someone like Joe Mazza who benched 615 at 165 and probably has two or three times the ROM of Marcus is more impressive in my book.

Marcus was born to bench - with his short arms his ROM seriously looks to be under 6 inches.

Ah, definitely. I know what it's like to have the longer arms.

I don't know powerlifting that intimately; except for a few of the more visible guys, I just see the numbers.

Back