IPF Current World Records

Madmick

Zugzwang
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
Urban brought up the Wilks in the Explosiveness thread and it made me realize it's been a LONG time since I checked the powerlifting world records. If you want to see a much nicer table yourself, just go to their page (you must click on "Records"- I can't link it directly):
http://www.powerlifting-ipf.com/

These are from the big boys. The bench record here is for the single-lift.

SQUAT
Shane Hamman (USA)
457.5 kg (1009 lbs)

DEADLIFT
Tibor M

Isn't the record older for bench Gene Rychlak Jr.? I also know Brent MIkesell holds the squat and Andy Bolton for the deadlift

BabyPhenom said:
Isn't the record older for bench Gene Rychlak Jr.? I also know Brent MIkesell holds the squat and Andy Bolton for the deadlift

I actually was going to ask about that Andy Bolton deadlift, but I would assume that was under another federation?

BabyPhenom said:

Mikesell has the world record squat with 1141lbs
(Mike Miller "squatted" 1200lbs - find the vid and decide for yourself if it's a world record or not)

Bolton deadlifted 935 (came extremely close to 1000 - also has a 1119lb squat and is close to benching 700)

Rychlak benched 1005lb in a double poly Inzer Phenom with "custom modifications"
(he is going to try for 1015 this friday live on PPV at the Mr Olympia in Vegas)

They don't what? I can't seem to follow this conversation.

The IPF is a particular federation known for it's very strict judging and equipment rules. You can only wear single ply poly as opposed to double or triple ply denim or canvas.

Also note that Andy Bolton pulls on an Okie deadlift bar, and Tibor does not.

Ok word. Question numero dos:

What is an Okie deadlift bar?

I know Mikesell, Bolton, and Rychlak don't have the IPF records. BabyPhenom asked about "record holders" and I gave them to him.

HULKAMANIA said:
Ok word. Question numero dos:

What is an Okie deadlift bar?

It's 7 1/2 feet long and i think has a slightly smaller diameter that makes it slightly more flexible.

I haven't ever used one, but people say the knurling is a little different too allowing for a slightly better grip - which in my opinion is the limiting factor for most deadlifters.

Bolton isn't the only guy to use one either - they are pretty common actually.

nudge119 said:
It's 7 1/2 feet long and i think has a slightly smaller diameter that makes it slightly more flexible.

I haven't ever used one, but people say the knurling is a little different too allowing for a slightly better grip - which in my opinion is the limiting factor for most deadlifters.

Bolton isn't the only guy to use one either - they are pretty common actually.

You learn something new every day.

no, this is mean
wedgie1.JPG

My freshman year of high school, the first time I walked into the gym locker room some huge football dude lifted me into the air in a monster wedgie. That was mean.

Nudge, they're also designed to be more flexible, besides just thinner making the difference. I actually pull LESS on an Okie, I'm just saying it can be a factor. Some guys do up to 50lbs more on an Okie.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not IPF fan, but I don't want apples compared to oranges here.

CarnalSalvation said:
Nudge, they're also designed to be more flexible, besides just thinner making the difference. I actually pull LESS on an Okie, I'm just saying it can be a factor. Some guys do up to 50lbs more on an Okie.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not IPF fan, but I don't want apples compared to oranges here.

How do you think your grip of the Okie compares to other bars.

That's a tough question for me to answer for two reasons:

1. Unlike most powerlifters, I am really into the grip-gay shit too. I mean, grippers aren't the best way to train for deadlift grip, but being a CoC makes it easier to hold onto any pull, trust me.
2. In a meet, I don't even notice my grip, it's a non-factor because of my psyche

I have never lost a pull due to grip (except high rack pulls) since I got into serious grip work.

I wonder if Mendelson will legally break 1000 in the bench soon. I saw the Miller video and it can go 50/50 so its still controversial.

Uh, you obviously didn't see the 1200lb Miller video if you think it's 50/50.

That's a 3/4 squat at best, more like 1/2 squat. Fat bitch wouldn't let anybody see teh video at first either.

Back