Television INVINCIBLE - Dragonlord's Recommendation (Season 2 Returns March 14)

If you have seen the entire season one of INVINCIBLE, how would your rate it?

• Total voters
Being a "genius grant recipient" also has to be some of the laziest writing I have ever seen. It is almost like when they named peacemakers eagle eagly but they acknowledged it was a joke .

Yes it does he has seen some seriously traumatic shit and the most important thing to him is his stupid relationship with amber. His gay friend has it worse his BF got turned into a vegetable.

That’s like saying people who have been to war can’t love someone. What you’re saying doesn’t make any sense at all.

I just got done reading the comic up to when the first season stopped. The show is an incredible adaptation. It's better than the comic in many ways. The final fight between Omni Man and invincible for example was much more detailed and epic in the show. The only thing that I remember liking better in the comic was invincibles girlfriend. There wasnt much to it but that's better than what they did in the show with her being so whiny and bitchy. I would like to watch season 2 before I continue reading but I dont know when it's going to come out.

The best part about the comic is getting more details on Omni mans motivation. His mission is to weaken Earth so it's ready for Viltrimite takeover. He ended up allowing himself to enjoy Earth almost like a vacation. He made friends with other super heroes but he knew he would eventually have to take out the guardians of the globe since they would be the biggest threat to the takeover. Mark getting his powers is what spurred his actions. In the comic he was attempting to tell Mark everything early on. The final encounter came much quicker in the comic than the show.

It's interesting because Kirkman is directly involved with the Show so when they are storyboarding and he feels like it would improve upon the original story he's all about it. He wrote those early Arcs over 15 years ago , probably the best change was how the fight with the Guardians went down , the Comics made it look too easy , in the series although he wrecks them , the Guardians put up the best fight they could against someone way more powerful than they realized .

Watched it yesterday. I had no doubt the entire video that omni man would fuck him up.

Facts , the whole animated fight was only roughly 2 mins , this was Fun but everyone knew the result just based on the Amazone Shows , not even taking into consideration the Comicbooks.

Giving it a rewatch. From what I know the comic creator is a big part of this show. But rather than trying to hold tight to source material, he’s actually taking the opportunity to make improvements. And then these changes are form the creator himself with vision of the world intact not random Hollywood writers.

The mom is suuuuch a good character that apparently was very 1 dimensional in the comics. She’s really the glue that makes the father/son dynamic work as well as it does.

That’s like saying people who have been to war can’t love someone. What you’re saying doesn’t make any sense at all.
I think the people they love tend to be the thing keeping veterans "grounded" to society. From what I've heard, war is forever alienating and a lot of the bullshit of the rat race and "Western ideals" hold a lot less meaning. Those relationships are the only thing that feels real to someone in that position, and worst part of it is a super hero has no home to go to.

Still no announcement on the release date of season 2 huh? if it's gonna take just as long between season 2 and 3 I'd rather read the xomic tbh.

Still no announcement on the release date of season 2 huh? if it's gonna take just as long between season 2 and 3 I'd rather read the xomic tbh.

That's surprising.

I'm not expecting a 2nd season of Arcane for at least another year because of the high level of animation.

With Invincible given most of the storylines are already written in the comic book, they should be able to spit out 8 new episodes every 12 months.

That's surprising.

I'm not expecting a 2nd season of Arcane for at least another year because of the high level of animation.

With Invincible given most of the storylines are already written in the comic book, they should be able to spit out 8 new episodes every 12 months.

I had heard they're expecting late 2022 when they announced confirmed season 2 and 3. I haven't heard an update since then

I wonder if the absolutely loaded cast of voice actors is making recording schedules difficult.

Tinfoil hat- The mega expensive Rings of Power Lord of the Rings TV series premiers September. I could see them trying to have Invincible (overlap of fantasy nerds and comic nerds) starting up near the end of that to try and hold people who just got Amazon streaming for Rings of Power

Amazon is a small fry in the online streaming world compared to Netflix and Disney +, so they'll have to piggy back their good shows to try and hold people

I wonder if the absolutely loaded cast of voice actors is making recording schedules difficult.

I doubt it.

I recall it took Cameron Diaz five hours to record her lines for one of the Shrek sequels and made like $15 million.

Unless they're insisting on actors in scenes recording together its very possible for an actor to record an entire season's lines within a day or two.

I'm thinking you're right, timing is more likely the reason. Amazon is releasing The Boys now, then Rings of Power, and hopefully Invincible after that.

Can’t wait until Conquest and Thragg show up. Such great material in the Invincible run. Mostly because they had an ending in mind.

OMNI-mustache gets extra powers because he's powered by JK Simmons.
Favorite character actor from Law & Order.

Even more than Sam Waterston and Jerry Orbach.

Simmons portrayal of the court appointed psychology was great. He had a perfect combination of expert and calm while testifying.

Last edited:
I had heard they're expecting late 2022 when they announced confirmed season 2 and 3. I haven't heard an update since then

Tinfoil hat- The mega expensive Rings of Power Lord of the Rings TV series premiers September. I could see them trying to have Invincible (overlap of fantasy nerds and comic nerds) starting up near the end of that to try and hold people who just got Amazon streaming for Rings of Power

Amazon is a small fry in the online streaming world compared to Netflix and Disney +, so they'll have to piggy back their good shows to try and hold people

It's probably just an issue with them not having a lot of support early on because they were unproven. I'm sure now that they did so well they've been able to increase staff and the seasons will most likely come easier now. I've seen this with a lot of new shows. It takes forever for the second season but after that it becomes a lot more scheduled.

Last edited:
I doubt it.

I recall it took Cameron Diaz five hours to record her lines for one of the Shrek sequels and made like $15 million.

Unless they're insisting on actors in scenes recording together its very possible for an actor to record an entire season's lines within a day or two.

I'm thinking you're right, timing is more likely the reason. Amazon is releasing The Boys now, then Rings of Power, and hopefully Invincible after that.

It's really unusual to demand that voice over actors all be in studio at the same time. Most of the time it's dramatically easier / cheaper logistics to have individual actors record their lines with a PA reading the other lines and cues from the scene. Then it's all cut together.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back