• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Invicta FC 8: Waterson vs. Tamada 8pm et/5pm pt/1am uk DISCUSSION

Damn. It really is over. That's some bullshit. You would think you could replay or something.

I dont understand some of these Japanese fighters. They're willing to get beaten into mush but not willing to cut weight?

How old is Tamada? She looks way too old to be fighting. Plus I noticed they didn't announce the fighters ages during the tale of the tape. Her age is strangely absent from sherdog.com and wikipedia

40s for sure, shes definitely not young

Looks like Tamada was still standing when the ref stopped the fight.

Somebody's great grandmother just got fucked up

Bad luck for Invicta there, Fight Pass shits all over itself when they're trying to showcase their hot star vs. an ancient Japanese jobber

I'm guessing this isn't the first time there have been invicta streaming issues?

Every time I watch Women's MMA for titles. Its always some Japanese chick that has a chin of steel, but no talent. That just gets beat on for a few rounds.

i noticed on one of the sites i go to for streams, there's an m-1 card tomorrow with
Vyacheslav Vasilevsky and a pro fc card. i know what i'm watching tomorrow.
been fun watching invicta with you guys, the first card I've watched and I enjoyed the product.

Clearly the FCC put a stop to the Fight Pass stream due to excessive violence.

Thanks a lot Karate Hottie!

WTFF! Ah well, we'll have to hope we crashed fight pass and will be guaranteed more solid cards like tonight. R.I.P. Tamada.

ROUND 3

Waterson thumps Tamada’s body with a right high kick and then steps back to the center of the cage, allowing Tamada to come forward and swing missing punches. Waterson counters a low kick with a straight right hand, moves Tamada toward the cage and attacks the left side of the challenger’s body again. From the Thai clinch, Waterson lands another huge knee to Tamada’s chin; the AACC product just eats it and keeps standing in front of the champion. Tamada walks through a spinning back kick to the jaw, takes another knee to the face and has a single-leg attempt shut down. Another right round kick from Waterson crashes into Tamada’s ribs as the round enters its final 90 seconds. Waterson just misses with a right high kick near the fence, and now the atomweights circle back to the middle of the cage. Waterson pulls down Tamada’s head and lands a huge knee that sends the Japanese fighter staggering backward toward the fence. One big right hand from Waterson is all it takes to polish off Tamada and send referee Franklin into action.

THE OFFICIAL RESULT
Michelle Waterson def. Yasuko Tamada via TKO (Knee and Punch) R3

If I had to guess I'd say it was still Invicta themselves handling the stream, it was just output through Fight Pass because this never happens with the UFC events. Hopefully the UFC handles the next one and this shit doesn't happen again.

michelle really put some more muscle on her legs, so explosive

I'm guessing this isn't the first time there have been invicta streaming issues?
I don't think they have made money yet because every show has had stream issues.

At least they'll make money off this stream issue.

Back