Invicta FC 18: Grasso vs. Esquibel PBP Discussion 8pm ET/5pm PT/1am UK

Yeah, she was in the cage after. Gotta be Alexa's mom. Her dad and uncle are her coaches.
i think her mom was a boxer as well , the whole family is
edit; i got grasso for performance of the night and simpson/soukoupova as fotn

Yeah, she was in the cage after. Gotta be Alexa's mom. Her dad and uncle are her coaches.
You can hear that one guy telling her to sit down and then the look on the other peoples faces. Gotta be tough as hell for a parent to watch their daughter fight, especially with Alexa still being so young. Probably annoying to be there live and see it but it's understandable.

Whenever Alexa or Joanna are done fighting, their opponents always look like they just survived a car crash. Add Megan Anderson to that list too.

Grasso bring out the red red groovy out of Esquibel makes me feel more confident for Lawler tomorrow night.

Great card. Grasso looked phenomenal tonight, I thought she would struggle early on with ring rust, but that was not a factor at all.

Anderson and Agnieszka looked good too.

Does Grasso have power in her hands, or is it just her excellent technique that leaves her opponents so messed up?

Great card. Grasso looked phenomenal tonight, I thought she would struggle early on with ring rust, but that was not a factor at all.

Anderson and Agnieszka looked good too.

Awesome fighter. Beautiful woman. Grasso is one of my favorite 115ers for sure. Hope she beats Hill decisively and then goes right to the UFC.

Does Grasso have power in her hands, or is it just her excellent technique that leaves her opponents so messed up?
You know that bullshit Conor line about precision, power, timing, speed, blah blah blah? She has all four. Not great power, but it's there.

Rumor has it that in addition to just plain not liking her, Sean Shelby was pissed when Evinger beat Aldana. Unfortunately, Invicta is stuck with Evinger.
yup evinger probably the least marketable champ in female mma looks like a redneck trucker lol

Awesome fighter. Beautiful woman. Grasso is one of my favorite 115ers for sure. Hope she beats Hill decisively and then goes right to the UFC.

Yeah Invicta couldn't be happier with how this card turned out, the future is bright for them right now. Grasso, Mizuki, Agnieszka, and Megan are all exciting prospects; very marketable too as they're all attractive and put on fun fights. Hopefully we can get some Q&A's with some of tonight's winners.

I can't wait to see Grasso get her title shot.

Yeah Invicta couldn't be happier with how this card turned out, the future is bright for them right now. Grasso, Mizuki, Agnieszka, and Megan are all exciting prospects; very marketable too as they're all attractive and put on fun fights. Hopefully we can get some Q&A's with some of tonight's winners.

I can't wait to see Grasso get her title shot.

Not to go all illuminati on this (although it was in a Scottish Rite Temple), but the argument can be made that there were definitely favorable matchups for favored fighters. Grasso's was a risk, with how Esquibel looked at the TUF tryouts, but she shined.

l3fQfDMNy6uq0n9KM.gif

l0HlFiKUq0cilIYP6.gif

The busty chick that four Ladd looked good until she got taken down, and had that fatty on top of her.

Ladd needs to join weight watchers or Curves or some shit,

What a night! Only short breaks between fights. Lots of finishes. I'd give FOTN to Soukpova and Simpson. Dat shiz wuz ruff.

POTN for Grasso. I was expecting her to give Esquibel a hard time, but that was pretty one-sided. I almost feel as though she should just skip the Invicta title and go straight to UFC. She'd make more in one fight than she will in three for Invicta. She could already beat half of the UFC SW division. Same goes for Mizuki. I'd give her SOTN. I would've given it to Dandois for that slick arm bar (that I didn't even see until the replay.) However, Mizuki was actually facing a somewhat-formidable opponent.

K/TKOTN for Anderson. Once again, she gets away with keeping her hands low and throwing her A-bombs. I think Morgan's cheek had as much to do with the gigantic mouthguard she was chewing on. Having something that big stuffed in your maw can't be good for impact. I still can't believe that there are only ten pounds difference between her and poor ol' Jessamyn Duke. How is that even physically possible?

All in all, I think it was a goodcard. Shout-out to Christine Stanley for taking a short-notice fight and making it entertaining and interesting. Also props to Shannon Knapp for being the glue that keeps Invicta together. FC19 is just around the corner! Woohoo!

Just watched it, couldn't stay up all night for it because of UFC 201.

Jesus did Grasso put a beating on Jardine's wife. She has it all - footwork, TDD, elbows and knees from the clinch. And her cardio. My god her cardio. She was not even breathing heavy after the fight. She can probably go 10 rounds like that. It is amazing. I love her style and I love her so much. She is a future star for sure. And I think she murks Angela Hill if they fight next.

Ms Grasso I want to have your babies!!

Fun card as always by Invicta. Ladd was awesome. Megan Anderson is a real life Amazon who wants to fuck your shit up...and I'm loving it. She was patient and waited for her openings.ALso she is same height as me. I wonder would I look so big on TV lol

Laughed so hard at another HorseWoman losing. Dat Ronda winning team. Edmund Bless!

Inoue is a beast! She is a future star too. So young and already so good. Its kinda strange watching these girls who are so well rounded and then watching some well limited and bad girls in the UFC SW division. I mean does Alex Chambers, Lisa Ellis, Angela Megana, Stanciu Cristina deserve to be in the UFC more than Grasso and Inoue? Ridiculous

Picks also not bad, stupid move to pick Stanley just because of her punching power.

39954-1070656.png

Duke, wow. She started out with promise. Nakamoto broke her.

Nakamoto took Duke's soul via a vicious strikes the same way Cro Cop took Bob Sapp's soul. Ever since the Nakamoto fight, Duke just hasn't been the same.

Inoue is a beast! She is a future star too. So young and already so good. Its kinda strange watching these girls who are so well rounded and then watching some well limited and bad girls in the UFC SW division. I mean does Alex Chambers, Lisa Ellis, Angela Megana, Stanciu Cristina deserve to be in the UFC more than Grasso and Inoue? Ridiculous
It has nothing to do with that. Inoue was talked about as part of TUF 20, but age and language ended that. She was suppose to be in UFC by late 2014, but then she lost to Karolina and then after that Grasso. Her management wisely realized the shark tank that was UFC SW and didn't want her to take any more loses and maybe get cut. Remember, she wasn't PVZ. Inoue was a top 10 ranked fighter before her loses and UFC wouldn't have taken it easy on her. They would have thrown her against the best and she isn't there yet.

With Grasso it has been about injuries.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biden's Diaper
Back