interesting winky wright article

devante

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
http://www.maxboxing.com/Sholler/Sholler040308.asp

i think they make some very valid points, in that winky is walking himself out of being a contender and losing what fanbase he has in that he is not active; he has alot of excuses for not fighting based off of who is his friend and what he did before. But he hasn't done anything but have a draw and get pounded out by bhops; he has no real draw, style to bring in people and he is too good an opp to be brought in unless he has a title, esp against the big names.

i agree w/the article

Has he turned down a lot of fights lately? I thought he was generally a guy a lot of fighters wanted to avoid?

http://www.maxboxing.com/Sholler/Sholler040308.asp

i think they make some very valid points, in that winky is walking himself out of being a contender and losing what fanbase he has in that he is not active; he has alot of excuses for not fighting based off of who is his friend and what he did before. But he hasn't done anything but have a draw and get pounded out by bhops; he has no real draw, style to bring in people and he is too good an opp to be brought in unless he has a title, esp against the big names.

i agree w/the article
I agree 100% his stock went down after his loss to hopkins,I dont understand why he thinks he should fight for big money every single fight,their are plenty of good matchups with guys like manfredo and zolt erdei who are availible and yes they arent big names but their good fights and keeps him active,not fighting is a bad thing for a boxer and his market ability.On top of that winky is boring as fuck to watch,I think a fight with rjj would be good at this point.

Winky sells out big arena's, consistently. Just because a few internet fans dont appreciate his subtle skills, doesn't mean the wider public doesn't appreciate him.

Still, he's a fucken idiot. Pricing himself out of every fight worth a shit right now.

yeah winky has fans and he can make good fights, WHEN he fights; the issue is he isn't fighting.

he seems to think he should get the attention, time and money pbf, de la hoya get; he is coming off a draw and a decisive loss.

Yet he feels that because of what he did years ago, that he deserves big money or should fight big names.

the risk/reward sucks; an winky knows this as he ducked/looked over alot of guys kassim ouma included, when he finally got his moment in the spotlight after beatin mosley twice.

his exact words were there is no money in fights w/these guys, an there is no money in a fight w/winky.

i remember pavlik calling winky out b4 he had the title, winky ignored him; now that kelly has attention and alot of hype behind him winky can't keep his name out of his mouth

hypocrisy at its best

There is plenty of money in a fight with Winky Wright. The problem is, Wright want's more than his fair share of it.

I dont get why people dont like to watch him fight, I personally find his style very good to watch. If people want wild swinging KOs they should watch toughman.

There is plenty of money in a fight with Winky Wright. The problem is, Wright want's more than his fair share of it.

well if there is not enuf for him to get what he wants and his opp to get what they want; then maybe there is plenty, but not enuf.

an risk/reward there is not ENOUGH money to lose to a guy who has not won a fight in a year; an is not known by the mainstream media, an is one of the most exp skilled and phy diff fighters to face.

its worse that margarito situation, why take the short money for a huge risk; when u can have a guaranteed win keep ur title and find yet another target to make money, its a business and businesswise winky makes no sense.

EXCEPT TO UP AND COMERS WHO NEED TO MOVE TO THE NEXT LEVEL; AN WINKY WON'T FIGHT THEN CUS HE CAN'T GET THE MONEY OR ACCLAIM HE WANTS

Yeah, for real. He needs to stop ducking Cotto, yesterday.

Winky is a nightmare for Cotto IMO, hes much much bigger than him and poses all sorts of problems the likes of which Cotto hasnt faced yet.

Always one in the bunch...

Thats a Joe Yesitore, good buddy.

Winky is a nightmare for Cotto IMO, hes much much bigger than him and poses all sorts of problems the likes of which Cotto hasnt faced yet.

if winky beats cotto he'll get the big money for being known as the puerto rican assasin

Back