Interesting/Relevant JDS Statistic

Good post.

JDS will KO Cain again and get his belt back.

1st round KO

Believe it.

Well said. Plus Cain landed a bomb on jds to help really wear him out in that first round.

I picked jds to win both fights and tbh I feel like he'll win this third one. I believe he'll adapt to Cains blitz strategy and catch him this time with his power.

At least we're virtually guaranteed to find out the answer in the first five minutes!

It's also weird that in this trilogy fight there are so many unknowns. In the first fight it ended so quickly it wasn't much of a fight and in the second fight we don't really know how much junior was affected by his condition. Dis gonna be good. War Jds!

I seriously dont even know why the Bigfoot rematch and JDS 3rd rematch was done. Its like watching an old movie you have seen 100 times.

JDS' resume is hard to beat. It's better than Cain's.

He just had a really bad gameplan going in against Cain in the 2nd fight and he underestimated him. He stuffed what, 7 or more takedowns from Cain in the first around before finally getting tired and getting blasted. Every time he was taken down, he would get right back up, further making him more tired only to get taken down again.

Your strategy against a high level wrestler like Cain and GSP can't be to stuff every take down and then keep getting up. Horrible idea. You ARE going to get taken down and you ARE going to gas.

I'd stay on the outside out of takedown range, try to throw the big shot and use your BJJ if it hits the ground to sweep or sub. Don't waste the energy to keep getting up.

I highly, highly doubt it uses less energy to try and submit a guy like Cain or to try and sweep him than it does to stand up (particularly if done immediately) after being taken down. And while using that energy on the ground for something (submissions and whatnot) that has a low percentage possibility against a guy like Cain, he's getting punched in the face.

Even more interesting is that both fighters have 10 UFC victories yet they don't have a single common opponent.

I find that very odd for the top 2 guys in such a thin division. Cain has only beat 3 of the current top 10 (and zombie Nog shouldn't even be top 10). All this talk about Cain being HW GOAT is extremely premature.

It's more weird than interesting to me.

Now that it was mentioned, I just realized there was never a thread saying "jds beat XxX better than Cain" or the other way around.

Brock was going to be the one, before he got sick.

interesting thread and stats. been following jds career and he was always a beast on striking

he has some level at BJJ as well but never really needed it as his striking is so good

cain is also a tremendous fighter, no question about it

im a jds fan. Imo 2nd fight showed two things about jds. hes got a good chin and big heart (to take that much of a punishment and still only lose by decision)

1st fight, cain was coming out of a big time out and jds was on a rush. fight quickly finished, as expected.

2nd fight, cain was in very good shape, but jds was clearly over trained and had some personal problems. Not an excuse at all, anything can happen between these 2 guys any day.

thing is, at this fight both of them are in very good shape. Jds did a different camp this time, he he cut weight way before the fight and is focusing on gas and speed. Different from their 2nd fight, when he was gassed very soon - yeah, cain punch helped a lot.

wait til saturday and you will jds in possibly his best shape. shape doesnt mean winning ofc, but gas shoulnt be a problem to him in this fight.

my opinion, jds wins by 1st or mostly 2nd round ko/tko

dont think he has ever landed a shot on someone attempting a td tho

but yes JDS is a beast and will destroy everyone not named Cain

People are counting out JDS because they have no memory. They only remember the last fight. All else equal in a rubber match, the guy who got a KO should be favorite to the guy who won by decision.

I highly, highly doubt it uses less energy to try and submit a guy like Cain or to try and sweep him than it does to stand up (particularly if done immediately) after being taken down. And while using that energy on the ground for something (submissions and whatnot) that has a low percentage possibility against a guy like Cain, he's getting punched in the face.

I think Anderson uses the best strategy of simply accepting that you lost the round so mitigate damage and conserve energy for the next one.

jds hands and footwork are better than they have ever been. he is at his peak at his training camp. gonna ask a friend to share some pics he took this last week, he looks like a beast and he is totally confident for this fight

whoever wins, it will be a very good show. both fighters deserve this belt, although i see jds getting it back.

Great points.
JDS has a punchers chance.
Not sure if I can see a different outcome from JDS Cain II, that was incredible.
JDS will be like a scorpion - he needs to sting early to win.

Well I learned something new today. Good job ts. Hoping JDS does land that big shot early.

JDS is a great fighter and definitely one of the best heavyweights of our time. However, there last fight (Cain/JDS) was much too recent and much too one-sided to make me believe this fight will be ultra competitive. I see Cain imposing his will right away, again, only to have Junior constantly having to react to what Cain will be doing to him. Which gives him a very limited window, if any, to impose his game of knocking Cain's head off.

With that said, I wish they could have waited a little longer for the rubber match to build more hype and anticipation. But I understand the heavyweight division is as deep as a kiddie pool so I guess they had to do what they had to do.

I think Anderson uses the best strategy of simply accepting that you lost the round so mitigate damage and conserve energy for the next one.

For him that seems to have worked well, but take Chuck Liddell for example - he simply popped back to his feet literally as he was being taken down, which conserves energy he'd use in a prolonged ground battle that he likely wouldn't win. JDS largely does the same thing. It can being tiring to do over and over again, I'm sure, but do you see him submitting Cain or sweeping him?

Back