Intentionally prolonged beatdowns?

don't be lazy, read the whole 3 paragraphs, you goof
With the beatdown of Anthony Smith still fresh in our minds, I'm asking you: do you remember a bad blood fight when the one fighter got to choose to prolong the fight or not, he choose to prolong it just to deliver more damage to his opponent? (It doesn't need to be from UFC.) Jon could not follow up with that feroucious GnP on Cormier in their rematch. Cormier was pushing that hard of a pace, he would be a punching bag in the next rounds regardless of the knockdown. I know that Khabib wanted to punish Conor, for example. And he could, but chose to end the fight. He absolutely could beat him up in the next round and a half.

Because I swear I never saw one single intentionally prolonged beatdown. And it's a shame. Because some of us fans live for this shit. These people hate each other in the guts and when they have the chance to make a statement, 100% of the time they chose to finish their enemy on the spot, instead of beating him up in the course of 3 or 5 rounds. And from experience we know how much, much worse is to slowly beat someone for 15 mins within the inch of his life, than to just choke him or knock him out.

Every prolonged beatdown I saw happened by chance, tho. Some bad ref or corner in combination with a guy that is unable to finish the fight and his opponent is too tough for his own good. And it's ugly because a lot of the times it's unnecessary. There are no story to follow. No bad vs good guy. Usually people who get in these are nice guys that we all love and would like to get to fight another day, not to get maimed. Who wants to see Lionheart fucked up? Or an older example: Gavin Tucker?

i didnt read, but:

It’s a split second thing - were going back and analyzing it way too in depth

he could of been trying to crank it and con man resisted a lot so he said screw it

he could of also done it just to keep con man confused , thinking about the sub to help open up some more gnp
Yes those are all possibilities for sure, im also speculating here, but by my eyes and knowing the bad blood there was in the fight i really do belive khabib wanted to hurt conor

It’s a split second thing - were going back and analyzing it way too in depth

he could of been trying to crank it and con man resisted a lot so he said screw it

he could of also done it just to keep con man confused , thinking about the sub to help open up some more gnp
Khabib knows that even if Conor resists,he can hang back and try something else. But there certainly is no reason not to attempt to end the fight,from a superior position. Even if Conor doesnt tap,hes still stuck there.

Was conor rocked? Did you not finish saying that Khabib was beating Conor up and then switched to the Kimura? So is this not an identical situation?
Yes i just said in a bunch of posts conor was rocked do you even know how to read?

I mean even he just half ass cranked it - you
Know they’ve been training that like crazy and he’s going to put a ton of effort in trying to defend that - it’s good to keep him thinking on his back
Yup. Just keep him working and keep him tired.

Yes i just said in a bunch of posts conor was rocked do you even know how to read?
You should admit your situation. There would be more dignity in it.

tenor.gif

If Palhares could hold a leg lock for 25 minutes straight I think he would, gleefully.
Ugh

Im glad that hes basically blackballed at this point.

Hendo admitted to knowing bisping was out and gave him an extra flying punch to "shut him up" or something along those lines. He said so in The post fight interview.

GSP ruined kos career in their second fight but that was really The doctors, corner, ref or whomever with a pair of functioning eyes that should have stopped that fight.

Im kinda understanding the yellow card now...

"hurr durr i dont know why khabib went for a kimura,he had him rocked,must be not smart at fighting like me"

:: shown gif of MJ being submitted by a kimura ::

"huur durr he was rocked too stop trolling"

!?!?!?!?!

Aldo Faber
If you dont force Aldo to do otherwise,he has a safety first tech style similar to Valentina. Esp to conserve his energy over 5 rds.

"hurr durr i dont know why khabib went for a kimura,he had him rocked,must be not smart at fighting like me"

:: shown gif of MJ being submitted by a kimura ::

"huur durr he was rocked too stop trolling"

!?!?!?!?!
Now you're litteraly changing my words, do you have some weird fetish for dagestani men? Keep calm bro khabib is all yours

We're all kinda weird for watching this sport, aren't we? Just sayin
I dont feel it. But every once in a while i meet normal people who cant stand to see beatings like this,and i get reminded....

that some people are just pussies,dawg!

But this is a sport,and limits must be applied.

Pretty sure Cain vs JDS 3 was an example of this...

There were multiple times when he rocked him hard then literally stopped striking, clinched him against fence, and just held him so he didn’t go out. Rinse repeat like 5 times at least in the last few rounds.

Pretty sure Cain vs JDS 3 was an example of this...
JDS is just too tough for his own good. It was a prolonged beat down but not on purpose. Im sure Cain was thinking "goddamn when is this dude gonna fall down?!?!?"

We're all kinda weird for watching this sport, aren't we? Just sayin

Yeah, but at least pretend you watch it to see who's the better competitor rather than because you want to see people get hurt lol.

Back