Intentionally prolonged beatdowns?

The idea is absolute stupidity

Once a fighter makes it to the ufc the stakes are so high nobody is going to take any chances like that

Remember
sonnen/Silva
Bektic / Elkins
Overeem / big foot

The tide can turn at any moment

Yep, also Sanders/Alcantara, Smith/Sell etc etc.

We should also note that a fighter aggressively trying to finish with GNP and failing to do so when it's not quite there can leave you in a Carwin/Brock situation or more recently Walt Harris against Overeem.

If you weigh it up from the point of view of Khabib in a split second decision. You're on top of Conor McGregor and see an opportunity for a submission. You have a lot of wins by submission and are an extremely high level grappler, meanwhile all of Conor Mcgregor's defeats have been by way of submission.

Why would it be weird for you to decide to go for a sub in that scenario?#

It's like Nog Vs Mir II, Nog could probably have finished by ground and pound, but his instinct is to try and sub the guy, in that case he ends up losing, but I don't believe for a second he did it because he doesn't like Mir, he did it because he's a high level BJJ black belt and that's what his instinct tells him to do in that situation.
Its weird because there is the fact that maybe you can't get it. Why risk that move when you just need to keep punching the guy to win the fight and the guy is rocked? I don't belive is bad fight iq because khabib has very good fight iq, only reason i see for that is wanting to cause an injury

Derrick Lewis vs Travis Browne... You know what, just watch any fight that Yamazaki refs for, the cunt lets a good beatdown happen every now and then.

If you weigh it up from the point of view of Khabib in a split second decision. You're on top of Conor McGregor and see an opportunity for a submission. You have a lot of wins by submission and are an extremely high level grappler, meanwhile all of Conor Mcgregor's defeats have been by way of submission.

Why would it be weird for you to decide to go for a sub in that scenario?#

It's like Nog Vs Mir II, Nog could probably have finished by ground and pound, but his instinct is to try and sub the guy, in that case he ends up losing, but I don't believe for a second he did it because he doesn't like Mir, he did it because he's a high level BJJ black belt and that's what his instinct tells him to do in that situation.
Yep.

Unfortunatley for Nog,his submission abilities had eroded significantly by then.

If you are a fighter don't you want to win the fight? The whole point im making is that he could have won the fight much sooner but he chose to try to break conor's arm even if he couldn't in that round thats a risky move even if conor isn't even close to khabib on the ground. Also try stopping riding khabib so much its fucking with your brain

It's not more risky than unloading with GNP, the ref not stopping it and then gassing out.

Reactions: HHJ
Its weird because there is the fact that maybe you can't get it. Why risk that move when you just need to keep punching the guy to win the fight and the guy is rocked? I don't belive is bad fight iq because khabib has very good fight iq, only reason i see for that is wanting to cause an injury
You keep using "bad fight IQ" when you dont understand fighting.
Submissions are not to cause injury,they are to make the guy tap out.
We never saw Khabib pull Aoki bullshit on people.
There is no risk for Khabib. He secures the position before attempting any submission. There pretty much is no escape,unless you pull some illegal shit.

I dont understand you. He had way more chance to finish with the Kimura,then with GNP which i just explained is not risky whatsoever for Khabib on anybody,especially Conor. What is the risk? What is Conor going to do to stop it?

And furthermore, War Khabib

tumblr_ogk9qm0Xay1r7vh24o1_500.gif
goddamm it your nut riding really makes you incapable of understanding a text

So you say,but you have nothing to back that up with.

How was Conor supposed to escape the Kimura?

It's not more risky than unloading with GNP, the ref not stopping it and then gassing out.
Is the secound round why would he gas out if he has very good cardio? Also there is no way the referee wouldn't stop if he continue, conors head was boucing on the canvas men

The thing with the kimura from that position is that even if you try it and don't get it you don’t lose position - your back where you started

it’s not like armbar where you have to fall to your back and if you don’t get it you lose your position

To be fair, Sakuraba was victim of horrible reffing in that bout; the ref didn't see the blatlant headbutt Schembri landed right on Saku's face, which allowed him to throw these follow up knees.

For what it's worth, I really don't thing Elvis head-butted Saku on purpose, he bounced back on the ropes and their heads clashed... but Sak was the one who got badly rocked from that clash, and the ref did nothing... had it happened nowadays, it would have been immediately overturned as a NC or a DQ loss for Elvis, I think...
Even so,Saku's goofing around cost him terribly. He was way too comfortable in there,and I dont like the fact that he wanted to humilate a guy as inexperienced as him.

GOOD GOD WHAT A RISKY MOVE

JOHNSON WOULD HAVE REVERSED THIS MOST LIKELY BUT KHABIB GOT LUCKY

tumblr_ogk9qm0Xay1r7vh24o1_500.gif

Because it takes a lot faster than some Sherbros think it does to actually recover and if you fuck around you might go snuggy snuggy.

The thing with the kimura from that position is that even if you try it and don't get it you don’t lose position - your back where you started

it’s not like armbar where you have to fall to your back and if you don’t get it you lose your position
Yes its true you don't lose position but common lets be fair why would you go for a kimura in that situation? You have a guy badly rocked, you have good cardio, you just need to keep pounding to win the fight. Why would you do that?

Is the secound round why would he gas out if he has very good cardio? Also there is no way the referee wouldn't stop if he continue, conors head was boucing on the canvas men

Going all out with ground and pound trying to finish a fight is absurdly tiring bro.

Yes its true you don't lose position but common lets be fair why would you go for a kimura in that situation? You have a guy badly rocked, you have good cardio, you just need to keep pounding to win the fight. Why would you do that?
To finish the fight. To not gas himself out. Its a 5 round fight,and there is nowhere for Conor to go.

It’s a split second thing - were going back and analyzing it way too in depth

he could of been trying to crank it and con man resisted a lot so he said screw it

he could of also done it just to keep con man confused , thinking about the sub to help open up some more gnp

Yep same situation jhonson was rocked here... You're not even good a troling
Was conor rocked? Did you not finish saying that Khabib was beating Conor up and then switched to the Kimura? So is this not an identical situation?

To finish the fight. To not gas himself out. Its a 5 round fight,and there is nowhere for Conor to go.

I mean even he just half ass cranked it - you
Know they’ve been training that like crazy and he’s going to put a ton of effort in trying to defend that - it’s good to keep him thinking on his back

Back