Intelligence = fear

dr. john lee

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
In the sher-bro-world, it is funny how people criticize these guys like Woodley and Bisping as cowards--for wanting to fight big-names and seemingly easier competition. It's not fear--it's intelligence.

First of all: No fighter is "scared" of anybody. These guys will fight anyone, they don't care. What they ALL want is to be PAID. Why fight a guy because the rankings say he's #1 (its as subjective as anything, anyway), vs. another guy that may be easier and you'll get a lot more money! Woodley isn't scared of Wonderboy--Wonderboy is not a needle-mover. Bisping isn't afraid of Weidman--he just sees a better opportunity with Hendo. This isn't fear--it is being smart.

The bottom line being: they don't get paid enough. You may disagree with who they want to fight, but it isn't because they're scared.

If it walks like a duck, talks like a duck . . .

Woodley knows he'll lose to Wonderboy, that's why he's calling out Diaz.

I call that atleast partly scared, scared of losing the belt before he gets paid.

anigif_enhanced-16296-1408476591-5.gif

It's actually ridiculous that anyone thinks Woodley is scared of Wonderboy. Of the contenders if I was Woodley I'd be picking Wonderboy or Maia as my easiest fights

Woodley knows he'll lose to Wonderboy, that's why he's calling out Diaz.

I call that atleast partly scared, scared of losing the belt before he gets paid.
Tyron may KO Wonderboy, he got tagged by Ellenburger

It's actually ridiculous that anyone thinks Woodley is scared of Wonderboy. Of the contenders if I was Woodley I'd be picking Wonderboy or Maia as my easiest fights
Yeah I think Woodley grinds/sprawl n brawls his way to a TKO win against both.

Fear is a good thing, it is an evolutionary advantage.

Would you rather take an easier fight so that your family doesn't have to worry about their future, or would you rather take a harder fight so that the guys on Sherdog 'respect' you for five minutes (till they find something else about you to complain about)?

In the sher-bro-world, it is funny how people criticize these guys like Woodley and Bisping as cowards--for wanting to fight big-names and seemingly easier competition. It's not fear--it's intelligence.

First of all: No fighter is "scared" of anybody. These guys will fight anyone, they don't care. What they ALL want is to be PAID. Why fight a guy because the rankings say he's #1 (its as subjective as anything, anyway), vs. another guy that may be easier and you'll get a lot more money! Woodley isn't scared of Wonderboy--Wonderboy is not a needle-mover. Bisping isn't afraid of Weidman--he just sees a better opportunity with Hendo. This isn't fear--it is being smart.

The bottom line being: they don't get paid enough. You may disagree with who they want to fight, but it isn't because they're scared.

There is nothing to fear but Wonderboy itself.

Tyron may KO Wonderboy, he got tagged by Ellenburger
This is true, he did get tagged by Ellenberger. Once, but he recovered quite well and Ellenberger is known for having power.

We'll just have to see won't we? That's part of the beauty of MMA. Hopefully Woodley grows a pair and actually fights Wonderboy.

How is Wonderboy an easy fight?

Did you not see how he handled Hendricks and Rory?

This is true, he did get tagged by Ellenberger. Once, but he recovered quite well and Ellenberger is known for having power.

We'll just have to see won't we? That's part of the beauty of MMA. Hopefully Woodley grows a pair and actually fights Wonderboy.
he growed a pair by wanting to fight best WW ever + he wants a huge payday for his family. Thompson deserves TS, but Woodley beat Lawler impressively. Thompson should either wait or fight Robbie

Not one professional mma fighter should ever be called scared.

Of course they will fight anybody, but when you have the power to pick your opponent, you won't fight just anybody. lol

How is Wonderboy an easy fight?

Did you not see how he handled Hendricks and Rory?

The word was easiest. Not easy.
I saw how he handled Hendricks who I think is a shadow of himself. I saw how he beat the crap out of Rory for sure.

But I think styles make fights frankly. If it wasn't for layoffs, GSP would EASILY be a massive favorite over Tyron. He eats fighters like Tyron for lunch. Even with the layoff he is the deserving favorite in that fight.

Wonderboy is the far easier stylistic matchup for Tyron imho.

Fear is a good thing, it is an evolutionary advantage.

Would you rather take an easier fight so that your family doesn't have to worry about their future, or would you rather take a harder fight so that the guys on Sherdog 'respect' you for five minutes (till they find something else about you to complain about)?

I'd like to think if I were a career fighter who had won the championship, I would take enough pride in my work to want the most challenging opponents available.

Yeah, no. I do want to see Woodley fight Nick Diaz more since I think Diaz would knock him out and win the belt, but Woodley is definitely ducking Wonderboy. There's no way that a guy who just beat Rory and Hendricks doesn't deserve a title shot just because he's less of a draw.

Back