Media Insane Behind The Scenes Photos of TJ Dillashaw's Weight Cut

• Thread starter Deleted member 545701
  • Start date
Handsome, dedicated, and the most skilled fighter on the roster
HERNANDEZ_ALEXANDER.png

Yes, Alex is

The worst part is we have tons of people saying that TJ looked good while cutting.
Yes. People have different perspective and will form different opinions about subjective topics.

TJ looked great in that last interview, had a ton of energy, he was quick witted and sharp.

Wow TJ looked like a holocaust death camp survivor! Omg, he is a skeleton.

Perspective.

TJs facial features definitely exaggerate and make him look even more sunken in than he is. But no doubt this is one of the most extreme cuts of all time. He doesnt have a single pound left to give.

I'm not sure he could make 123 even if it was for 100 million. He would die.

Props for making it happen.

His chin was always suspect i won't be surprised of he gets knocked out cold

With professional guidance to kidney failure.

The mods will merge when they get around to it, it’s fine.

Just became the leading story on espn.com so I shared

The cut is insane

Hopefully more fighters allow behind the scenes stories like this

I know Till did in May and that big motherfucker almost went blind

He looks like death, that was so dangerous to cut that much. Crazy but I think he'll be recovered by tomorrow. His cardio can't possibly be as good as usual though

Just imagine if Gastellum was able to cut that like, he'd rule 155 like Mike Dolce said he would!

What 29 pounds?
UFC 227
135 pounds to 149.5 = 14,5 fight weight
Today
124 to probably 136

Walking around at 158

The cut is insane

Hopefully more fighters allow behind the scenes stories like this

I know Till did in May and that big motherfucker almost went blind

Yeah it’s insane, I’m going to be very interested in 30,years when they look at this decade of the sport. I feel like the weight cuts are significantly worse than wrestling events, and that’s really the only sport to compare it too

Awesome look behind the scenes though

EDIT: OK here it is, picture-less. I do like technology (EDIT2: OK, without the pictures it's actually a pretty shitty story, heh EDIT3: apparently it's not ok to post an entire article, so I've removed a bunch)

• TJ Dillashaw has a long way to go in order to hit the scale at 125 pounds, and riding the stationary bike at the Yorba Linda, California, home of his strength and conditioning coach Sam Calavitta keeps him moving in the right direction.
  • Dillashaw sits inside an infrared sauna in the garage of his home. It is Dec. 29, three weeks from fight night, and he weighs 139 pounds with 8 percent body fat.

• On Jan. 4, Dillashaw is down to 138 pounds, still 13 pounds away from his target weight.
  • Dillashaw does some strength training with a medicine ball outside of his coaches home on Jan. 5.

• After arriving in New York on Tuesday, Dillashaw is looking lean. Still weighing 140 pounds, however, he has water weight to shed before stepping on the scale on Friday.
  • With two days left to make weight, Dillashaw learns he is 134.6 pounds and has 9.6 more pounds still to drop.

• At 11 p.m. on Jan. 17, coated in coconut oil to help open up his pores, Dillashaw sits in a New York City sauna to shed his last few pounds of water weight.
  • After his sauna while wearing a plastic suit, Dillashaw makes his way to a treadmill to continue his late-night weight cut.

• At 12:18 on Friday morning, Dillashaw stands on a scale where he hits 125.6 pounds, only .6 pounds from hitting weight ahead of his 9 a.m. weigh-in.

• After shedding his many layers of clothing, Dillashaw looks to head to sleep. Dillashaw would hit his 125-pound goal on his way to the hotel, as the last bit of sweat comes off in the car ride.
  • Dillashaw is the first to stand on the scale at 9 a.m. as he makes weight at 124.6 pounds in the UFC official weigh-in at the NY Marriott Downtown on Jan. 18.

Last edited:
Back