Ingredients In Foods

I believe a lot of those ingredients, especially the 2nd half of them, are put in to create flavor consistency and preserve the flavoring and product while it sits on a shelf for however many years.

True re: flavouring. Maybe Doritos wasn't the best example. But I question the necessity of so called flavouring additions, that's all.

So if I'm going to eat garbage I just eat it and not worry about the bullshit ingredients.

Most of the time, I'm trying to eat decent and that is when I try and make good choices. My cheat days, I'll just eat whatever I want and not look because I know all that processed shit has some weird sounding chemicals.

I'm pretty much in the same boat as you. My cheat days, usually Saturday night, consist of a bit of crap. But the chemically shit throws me off more and more these days. Guess that the price you pay when you're quite health conscious

i was drinking bottled-water the other day, and i turned it around to look at the nutritional values expecting to see nothing. i saw nothing except for 4% calcium. maybe that's common-knowledge, but i was surprised as hell to see calcium.

i was drinking bottled-water the other day, and i turned it around to look at the nutritional values expecting to see nothing. i saw nothing except for 4% calcium. maybe that's common-knowledge, but i was surprised as hell to see calcium.

My guess would be that the calcium is naturally occurring due to the journey water takes prior to being bottled at source.

I always read labels and I know which ingredients, and their alternative names, to avoid. 99.9% of people have absolutely no idea how to read a label. Not my problem though, the info is easy to find online for those who care.

So, the thing with bottled water and added minerals is that the water can be so pure through filtration that it tastes like shit. It's not adding shit just to add it. It's added because if they didn't no one would buy the water.

Also you don't want to drink ultra purified water that has no minerals in it because it would tear you up. Water is meant to absorbed or dissolve everything. It sucks up all the nutrients and and minerals as it flows through rivers, springs and lakes. If you purify it so much it is looking to absorb something. If you drink that it would start absorbing all the minerals in your body and that would be bad. Please, chemists don't destroy me over this horrible description but it's the simplest way I knew how to answer.

Also you don't want to drink ultra purified water that has no minerals in it because it would tear you up. Water is meant to absorbed or dissolve everything. It sucks up all the nutrients and minerals as it flows through rivers, springs, and lakes. If you purify it so much it is looking to absorb something. If you drink that it would start absorbing all the minerals in your body and that would be bad. Please, chemists, don't destroy me over this horrible description but it's the simplest way I knew how to answer.
You are overselling this to a great degree, pure water will not "tear you up".

I would say that you'd have to drink a colossal amount of pure water for it to do any damage--remember that drinking too much of any type of water can kill you-- and/or have a diet so bad it's already putting your life at short to medium term risk.

I always read labels and I know which ingredients, and their alternative names, to avoid. 99.9% of people have absolutely no idea how to read a label. Not my problem though, the info is easy to find online for those who care.

I think I agree with this a lot. People either don't read the ingredients and are simply mesmerised by the fancy packaging; or read the ingredients, see flour and sugar and are satisfied. There's been shit I've considered but after looking at the million and one ingredients I avoid it.

Fat, protein and carbs are the only things that really matter.

I have well water here in the country. If anyone wants to try added minerals in their water you can drink out of my hose. It smells like rotten eggs and will put hair on your chest.

LOL I know all about that well water I grew up in the country too 800 feet from the road. Too far for cable lines we had the big ole 7 foot satelite dish. Funny thing is my old man comes down here and says my water is bad.

You are overselling this to a great degree, pure water will not "tear you up".

I would say that you'd have to drink a colossal amount of pure water for it to do any damage--remember that drinking too much of any type of water can kill you-- and/or have a diet so bad it's already putting your life at short to medium term risk.

hard to say. i dont think its possible to even get pure water. in w/e container water is in, water has the property to solvate and dissolve the elements in the container or gases above it making the universal solvent

i could b wrong but i think dogstar was talkin about y u dont give "pure water" in IV injections to patients cuz hypontonic nature of the water will cause cells to lyse

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nicenhot
Back