Ingredients In Foods

I wonder what goes through a person's head when they think to put carcinogenic food colorings in trail mix. Serves me right for buying trail mix at 7-eleven, but wtf.

lol @ buyin trail mix @ 7-11. should go to walmart if u wanna save XD

http://i.imgur.com/76sFmcw.png/img][/QUOTE]

dont get it. it looks like a bunch of natural amino acids & organic compounds. a lil more than i expected. hmmm maybe eggs r better for u than i thought. i gotta start eatin more eggs

[quote="Possum Jenkins, post: 108466151"]

^^^^

Look everyone, here's the guy that's poisoning the world[/QUOTE]

goddam him & his food colorin

[img]http://i.imgur.com/o194hvT.gif

i remember is what my dad told me when i was in primary school "dont eat anything with flavour enhancer 621".

i remember is what my dad told me when i was in primary school "dont eat anything with flavour enhancer 621".

Pho-Boi-9.jpg

Nope. I eat what I want, I tend to eat mostly actual foods rather than package stuff, but I don't sweat some Oreos or Pringles or whatever from time to time.

I don't know what those ingredients are so there's no point in reading them.

I look at calories, carbs, sugar, sodium and fat, that's it. That's what I understand.

eggpic.jpg

Of course you can break the make-up of it like it is really complex, but those are things that are good for you.
Should I post a single processed thing that is bad for you in reply?

Weird argument.

Do you spend time looking at the ingredients list to determine whether you're happy with certain foods being ingested? Or do you just pick up your regular shit and get on with it?

Bought a pack of Cheesy Doritos yesterday, flipped the bag and I was "blown" by all the shit that goes into making a thin triangular crisp (chip). Like, is all that shit necessary:

INGREDIENTS
Corn (Whole Maize Kernels), Sunflower Oil (14%), Rapeseed Oil, Tangy Cheese Flavour [Flavourings (from Milk), Whey Powder (From Milk), Wheat Flour (contains Calcium, Iron, Niacin, Thiamin), Salt, Cheese Powder (From Milk), Buttermilk Powder, Potassium Chloride, Flavour Enhancer (Monosodium Glutamate), Milk Protein, Dextrose, Acids (Lactic Acid, Citric Acid), Colours (Paprika Extract, Annatto, Plain Caramel), Spice, Sugar, Skimmed Milk Powder

So tell us - How much does it bother you nowadays?

So if I'm going to eat garbage I just eat it and not worry about the bullshit ingredients.

Most of the time, I'm trying to eat decent and that is when I try and make good choices. My cheat days, I'll just eat whatever I want and not look because I know all that processed shit has some weird sounding chemicals.

Has to be made in USA or a country that doesn't hate USA or is known to poision dog food or baby formula.

Do you spend time looking at the ingredients list to determine whether you're happy with certain foods being ingested? Or do you just pick up your regular shit and get on with it?

Bought a pack of Cheesy Doritos yesterday, flipped the bag and I was "blown" by all the shit that goes into making a thin triangular crisp (chip). Like, is all that shit necessary:

INGREDIENTS
Corn (Whole Maize Kernels), Sunflower Oil (14%), Rapeseed Oil, Tangy Cheese Flavour [Flavourings (from Milk), Whey Powder (From Milk), Wheat Flour (contains Calcium, Iron, Niacin, Thiamin), Salt, Cheese Powder (From Milk), Buttermilk Powder, Potassium Chloride, Flavour Enhancer (Monosodium Glutamate), Milk Protein, Dextrose, Acids (Lactic Acid, Citric Acid), Colours (Paprika Extract, Annatto, Plain Caramel), Spice, Sugar, Skimmed Milk Powder

So tell us - How much does it bother you nowadays?

Honestly, in the grand scheme of shit you can put in your body, none of these are all that batshit crazy when Subway puts azodicarbonamide in their "healthy" Subway bread.

Since June I have drank nothing but water, black coffee, and home brewed Kombucha. I used to drink 6+ diet sodas a day with all the shitty chemicals they have in it. The affect it has had on my health and happiness has been nothing short of a miracle. Diet soda is addictive as fuck and poison, as far as I'm concerned...

I have well water here in the country. If anyone wants to try added minerals in their water you can drink out of my hose. It smells like rotten eggs and will put hair on your chest.

Free golden showers for everyone!

Call me...

Since June I have drank nothing but water, black coffee, and home brewed Kombucha. I used to drink 6+ diet sodas a day with all the shitty chemicals they have in it. The affect it has had on my health and happiness has been nothing short of a miracle. Diet soda is addictive as fuck and poison, as far as I'm concerned...
Do you get a buzz from your kombucha?

a lot of times ill look at the ingredients list BEFORE i buy to judge what quality the product is. and a lot of times if i buy something for cooking, i dont want it to have things added to whatever ingredient im buying, as i want to cook with just that ingredient and adjust flavor how i see fit.

Do you get a buzz from your kombucha?

No. It's only like .5% alcohol. I brew two gallons at a time in a big glass jar. I add a splash of cranberry or pomegranate juice and do a secondary fermentation in the bottles to add carbonation. I like it really tart and vinegary so I let it brew a little longer than most people. Do you drink it?

Most of the time but some labels are not completely accurate. Fresh is sometimes best minus pesticides, better to have home grown stuff. If we all had our own farms. :icon_chee

No. It's only like .5% alcohol. I brew two gallons at a time in a big glass jar. I add a splash of cranberry or pomegranate juice and do a secondary fermentation in the bottles to add carbonation. I like it really tart and vinegary so I let it brew a little longer than most people. Do you drink it?

Yeah I drink it some times

whats the point of home brewing it if youre gonna keep it below the alcohol limit? i wanna try kombucha but i can only ever find the altered 0.5% stuff at the store, as no one bothers to stock the real thing in the alcohol section.

dont get it. it looks like a bunch of natural amino acids & organic compounds. a lil more than i expected. hmmm maybe eggs r better for u than i thought. i gotta start eatin more eggs

Of course you can break the make-up of it like it is really complex, but those are things that are good for you.
Should I post a single processed thing that is bad for you in reply?

Weird argument.
There is a certain section of the public who believes that 'natural' food doesn't contain chemicals and throws a fit whenever they see a complex sounding scientific name. It seems the current leader of these people is Vani Hari (AKA The Food Babe), who proclaims if you can't pronounce it, don't eat it.

Everything you eat has 'ingredients' and chemicals, regardless of if that food stuff was made by 'nature' or humans (I know you two are aware of that, but you'd be surprised how many people aren't).

Back