Indiana Muslim Woman Says Store Worker Asked Her to Leave Over Niqab

So you believe masks should be illegal, since they can be used to to conceal your identity while you abuse people.

Based on that, you came to the conclusion that the KKK should be able to wear masks, but not Muslim women?
You are putting words in my mouth. I said people at protests should be allowed to wear masks. Nowhere have I said the KKKers should be allowed to wear masks in public in everyday life that does not involve being part of a protest/march.

I also said anarchists and people wearing Guy-Falks masks during protests/marches should be allowed but you have ignored that and choose to focus on KKK.

You are putting words in my mouth. I said people at protests should be allowed to wear masks. Nowhere have I said the KKKers should be allowed to wear masks in public in everyday life that does not involve being part of a protest/march.

I also said anarchists and people wearing Guy-Falks masks during protests/marches should be allowed but you have ignored that and choose to focus on KKK.

So, Muslims should not be allowed to wear garb that falls in line with their spiritual beliefs because it makes it too easy for them to abuse their anonymity.

But KKK members and anarchists should be allowed to wear masks during protests.

Do you truly feel that protests full of masked KKK members is a situation less likely to lead to abuse than a middle aged Muslim woman walking into a dollar store?

So, Muslims should not be allowed to wear garb that falls in line with their spiritual beliefs because it makes it too easy for them to abuse their anonymity.

But KKK members and anarchists should be allowed to wear masks during protests.

Do you truly feel that protests full of masked KKK members is a situation less likely to lead to abuse than a middle aged Muslim woman walking into a dollar store?
There is NO command in the Quran or Hadiths that insist women cover their faces. It is tribal Arabian and Pakistani/Afghani practice.

Yes the full face veil gives Muslim men and women the ability abuse others, just as the woman in Australia did to that cop.

Protests by their very nature are against some political stance; and covering the face affords some protection against repression by the State.

Yes KKKers at a protest with their hoods on are less likely to get away with abuse because there are tons of law enforcement and witnesses there , and KKKers hiding behind the hood and engaging in violence will just make the cops take in the whole group to try and identify them .

The woman choose to walk into the dollar store. Stores reserve the right to refuse service . If you have a few women in the street wearing the Niqab or Burqa and 1 of them enters a store and abuses the staff then exists, how are you going to identify which one did it.

Niqabs are fucking ridiculous. Hijabs are alright but niqabs are going too far imo.

Tarkatan live's matter.

...wait, wrong masked ninja.

5da4c718b891a531971dc8113680f8bc-mileena.jpg

#TLM

Use the drive up window ffs. Wait, can you drive in a niqab?

Protests by their very nature are against some political stance; and covering the face affords some protection against repression by the State.

So, protesters should have protection against repression by the State, but religious people should not? You are picking and choosing which parts of the 1st amendment to adhere to.

Yes KKKers at a protest with their hoods on are less likely to get away with abuse because there are tons of law enforcement and witnesses there , and KKKers hiding behind the hood and engaging in violence will just make the cops take in the whole group to try and identify them .

Protests and marches often involve hundreds or even thousands of people. You think the police would be able to identify which one of the 500 masked men committed a crime by bringing all 500 of them in and sorting it out? You are very clearly advocating to limit the rights of religious people, while maintaining those same rights for protest groups with absolutely no logical reasoning to do so.

Protests turn violent all the time. I live in Baltimore, and we've seen it first hand within the last two years (as you know). Advocating for the rights of protesters to be masked, but not the rights of a religious person to be masked, is really contradictory.

Seems like a common sense thing really. Banks and a growing number of service stations won't let me in wearing a helmet, religious exemptions just don't apply.

Can't blame them...

Lost me at Indiana Muslim. . Is that a new liberal thing?

Can't blame them...

Yeah, I've gotten much less polite reactions than this woman for walking in before I've taken off my helmet. Although admittedly they do have no helmet signs up. Not sure how they'd get on if they put up no niqab/burqa signs...

How do Muslim dudes know if they're marrying an ugly chick or not?

So, protesters should have protection against repression by the State, but religious people should not? You are picking and choosing which parts of the 1st amendment to adhere to.

Protests and marches often involve hundreds or even thousands of people. You think the police would be able to identify which one of the 500 masked men committed a crime by bringing all 500 of them in and sorting it out? You are very clearly advocating to limit the rights of religious people, while maintaining those same rights for protest groups with absolutely no logical reasoning to do so.

Protests turn violent all the time. I live in Baltimore, and we've seen it first hand within the last two years (as you know). Advocating for the rights of protesters to be masked, but not the rights of a religious person to be masked, is really contradictory.

How is the woman being repressed ; the Burqa and Niqab is not Islamic. No one has said we should ban the Hijab. Why should society give deference to Religion, why do people get away with shit by claiming religion. Do you think we should allow non stunning Halal slaughter if people claim a religious exception.

You mentioned the Klan , their rallies are small and well watched. I have never heard the news mention it is problem that Klansmen are getting away with violence because their hoods afforded them protection. And as for other protesters, how it that police still manage to arrest scores of them , even if they are wearing masks.

The Niqab and Burqa is not religious and why should religious be afforded special favors. In my nuanced view of allowing masked protesters Religious people are not barred from wearing masks. Let me reiterate a protest by its very nature is political and often times going against the State which has a monopoly of violence.

You keep going on and on as if this was a religious issue.

It's not ffs. How long before you get it through your head? It's cultural like FGM, honor killings and pashtun boys.

By the way, what was she doing alone without her husband?? Damn whore.

Back