Indiana Muslim Woman Says Store Worker Asked Her to Leave Over Niqab

No shirt, no shoes, no garbage bags, no service.

Don't need a new law in most states it's already against the law. It started as a way to fight the KKK.

http://lawprofessors.typepad.com/co...the-ku-klux-klan-and-the-first-amendment.html

Interesting. So, you can restrict a person's right to wear a mask as long as it is not infringing on their 1st Amendment rights. The KKK has taken it to court several times, and they have lost because the mask is considered optional and unnecessary to expressing their beliefs. Basically, they were told if they are marching in robes, the mask becomes redundant to their message.

So the question becomes, would any court tell a religious person that a garment that they wear for religious purposes is unnecessary or redundant. I do not think that would ever happen, since it is widely taught in their places of worship. Women in religous garb have never been known as a societal threat, unlike the KKK, so it's not likely to get the same treatment in court.

The 1st amendment would hold up here, I believe 100% of the time. No court is going to say that a religious garment is on the same level of necessity as a KKK mask.

Interesting. So, you can restrict a person's right to wear a mask as long as it is not infringing on their 1st Amendment rights. The KKK has taken it to court several times, and they have lost because the mask is considered optional and unnecessary to expressing their beliefs. Basically, they were told if they are marching in robes, the mask becomes redundant to their message.

So the question becomes, would any court tell a religious person that a garment that they wear for religious purposes is unnecessary or redundant. I do not think that would ever happen, since it is widely taught in their places of worship. Women in religous garb have never been known as a societal threat, unlike the KKK, so it's not likely to get the same treatment in court.

The 1st amendment would hold up here, I believe 100% of the time. No court is going to say that a religious garment is on the same level of necessity as a KKK mask.

Who knows for sure but it's possible.

However any store can forbid it for security reasons.

I think it should be more alarming that people live in places where you need to go through security check points just to go into a mall or office building.

I think it should be more alarming that people live in places where you need to go through security check points just to go into a mall or office building.

Very few malls or stores have security check points. Some larger have a security desk with private security the same as many courtiers.

Don't think I've seen it outside of Port Moresby...

hilarious-drivers-licenses-5.jpg

How do we know Fatima is not Mohamed?

Niqab and burkas should be illegal for many reason including public safety.

It's not a religious garment. It's not required in Islam.

what was she doing in public without a male chaperone?

hilarious-drivers-licenses-5.jpg

How do we know Fatima is not Mohamed?

Niqab and burkas should be illegal for many reason including public safety.

And looking at that license, how many women on this planet are 6' 3"? Gotta be less than 0.01%
tumblr_inline_myw6bclHQE1r4tddg.jpg

Not only that, but how safe is it to drive with a fucking hood over your head and only a small slit covered with mesh to see through?

If I wear a ski mask into a bank, then people will be suspicious and uncomfortable. Why does wearing a ski mask in public areas get frowned upon, but covering ones face with a ridiculous religious garment get an exception? Social convention in forward thinking free societies dictates that a person show their face in public spaces. Why should a backwards religious custom be exempt from the larger social norms?

Tarkatan live's matter.

...wait, wrong masked ninja.

Are you advocating for a new law to be created that makes it illegal for people to wear garments that cover their face?

If so, do you believe this has been an issue so prevalent (people wearing religious garments covering their face that commit crimes) that it warrants new legislation that restricts every American's right to hide their face?

To me, that seems like a gross overreach of government. I prefer more basic rights to less rights. If the day comes that the government is telling us what we are allowed to wear (without really having any reason to do so, at all) and there are actually citizens who support it, that is a sad day.
Yes ; hiding the face should be illegal. There is just too much utility for abuse .

I would though make an exception for:

Safety reasons, eg: dust masks, pollution masks, construction/industrial jobs
Protests / marches etc.. So anarchists , people wearing Guy-Falks masks, KKKers wearing hoods for their marches should all be granted the right to do so

I am also a big believer in Freedom of Association so a business should be able to refuse entry/service to anyone for any reason ..., as long as they did not benefit from tax payer money.

Video at below Link
" Syrian women burn burqas in celebration after being freed from Isis

'Damn this stupid invention that they made us wear,' a women said as she set her veil alight "

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...eing-freed-from-isis-manbij-sdf-a7173671.html

-----

Meanwhile in the West , some Muslims women are demanding they be allowed to wear the Burqa or Niqab and will accuse opponents of racism.

In France , most of the women agitating for wearing the Burqa or Niqab are Converts. Effin adult Muslim converts (excluding women who convert for marriage).

Seems like a common sense thing really. Banks and a growing number of service stations won't let me in wearing a helmet, religious exemptions just don't apply.

Yes ; hiding the face should be illegal. There is just too much utility for abuse .

I would though make an exception for:

Safety reasons, eg: dust masks, pollution masks, construction/industrial jobs
Protests / marches etc.. So anarchists , people wearing Guy-Falks masks, KKKers wearing hoods for their marches should all be granted the right to do so

So you believe masks should be illegal, since they can be used to to conceal your identity while you abuse people.

Based on that, you came to the conclusion that the KKK should be able to wear masks, but not Muslim women?

Back