Crime Indian student stabbed in the head by an American local for looking “weird”

Define "often" as it is used above, i.e., "often second generation immigrants."
How many is "often"?
I can't find the original source of that specific article, but this other source mentions 62% for shootings. So highly overrepresented like I always claimed.

An analysis of the 2021 indictments by the daily Dagens Nyheter shows that most of the perpetrators of shootings in Sweden, 62%, are from either the Middle East or the Horn of Africa (Somalia, Eritrea, and Ethiopia). They include immigrants from Iraq and Syria, but also from Balkan countries and Turkey.

They also steal and rape more.
The Swedish National Council for Crime Prevention released a report in 2021 that revealed that among those born in Sweden with two foreign-born parents, the relative rate of robbery is 4.7 times that of ethnic Swedes, and the relative rate of rape is 1.7 times.

I can't find the original source of that specific article, but this other source mentions 62% for shootings. So highly overrepresented like I always claimed.

They also steal and rape more.
So, you don't think for one second there are other reasons for this besides "brown people bad"?

What a dishonest response. Another strawman like I predicted. I never argued that specifically being killed by a Muslim immigrant with a hammer is likely (hammer attacks in general are indeed rare). I do argue that if you import Muslims (and other non-Western immigrants) crime will be higher than if you didn't import those people. In other words, those people are highly overrepresented in crime. This is very clear in big cities all over Europe.

Again, explain why countries are at heightened terror threat levels if Muslim terrorism is insignificant? Why did Sweden change it's position on immigration and why are they experiencing crime levels worthy of having the military involved? Why do people in Ter Apel, Netherlands experience sharp rise in crime after they housed immigrants there?

Why is this the case in Sweden?
Oh, now you don't want to do statistics anymore? What a surprise.

There hasn't been a strawman but I see you are moving the goalposts. I said that these are random events and significance comes from the lens through which people view the actors. You said "statistics" should make me fearful of someone at a Christmas party yelling "Allahu Akbar". An empty appeal to fear when you had just made a claim about statistics.

Now, you don't want to do statistics because the probabillity of the crime itself is statistically insignificant. Instead, you've gone back to framing the argument through the political lens...which is exactly what I said in the first place.

Whats your point?
Sigh. I thought it was pretty obvious. The point is if there is disproportionate criminality among "young second generation immigrants" it pays to consider the role that being relegated to second class citizenship plays.

Sigh. I thought it was pretty obvious. The point is if there is disproportionate criminality among "young second generation immigrants" it pays to consider the role that being relegated to second class citizenship plays.

Do they get relegated to that role, or do they relegate themselves to that role? Worth thinking about.

You think all the gangraping going on in the Banlieues happen due to all the big bad discrimination?

Do they get relegated to that role, or do they relegate themselves to that role? Worth thinking about.

You think all the gangraping going on in the Banlieues happen due to all the big bad discrimination?
I'm not getting dragged into a debate here. You asked the point and I provided it. Make of it whatever you want.

The question is, did you even read the article?

I'm not getting dragged into a debate here. You asked the point and I provided it. Make of it whatever you want.

The question is, did you even read the article?

Yes I did. It was surface level and provided nothing of worth.

This story should be juxtaposed with the story about the hammer attack in Paris.

They're essentially the same thing. Individual randomly attacks other individuals for reasons that are specific to what's happening in his head. For people who treat them as sociologically different (obviously the specific facts will be different), it's probably worth exploring as it will be revealing about the lens through which one views the world.

Also, worth paying attention to how these 2 stories are weaponized for specific political points vs. generic news sharing.
What an asinine opinion.

This guy didn't even make any comments about the race in the source article in the OP. In fact, the TS misrepresents the story. He didn't say his victim "looked" weird. He said he found him weird. He was merely deranged as far as we can tell. Meanwhile, the hammer attacker in Paris specifically stated that he was incensed about the treatment of Muslims in Afghanistan and Palestine as the motive for his attacks, and shouted "Allahu Akbar" during the attacks. He has a known psychiatric history, but you cannot disentangle that from his specific actions and words within the context of his crime.

Really, how do you botch this? It's so basic and undeniable how substantially different these two stories are.

So, you don't think for one second there are other reasons for this besides "brown people bad"?
Lol first you try to act as if my statement was untrue by asking for clarification, then I give you the numbers and then you end up arguing against something I never said. Not a great look.

I’m not against all immigrants. No problem with the Chinese, Indonesian, Filipino and plenty other groups of immigrants we have in the Netherlands.

And why would I care why they are committing more violent crime? I just don’t want the crime. Stop making excuses for them.

Lol first you try to act as if my statement was untrue by asking for clarification, then I give you the numbers and then you end up arguing against something I never said. Not a great look.

I’m not against all immigrants. No problem with the Chinese, Indonesian, Filipino and plenty other groups of immigrants we have in the Netherlands.

And why would I care why they are committing more violent crime? I just don’t want the crime. Stop making excuses for them.
I'm not making excuses for anyone. And re: "why would I care why?", so we're back to brown people bad. Lovely.

Good talk.

Oh, now you don't want to do statistics anymore? What a surprise.

There hasn't been a strawman but I see you are moving the goalposts. I said that these are random events and significance comes from the lens through which people view the actors. You said "statistics" should make me fearful of someone at a Christmas party yelling "Allahu Akbar". An empty appeal to fear when you had just made a claim about statistics.

Now, you don't want to do statistics because the probabillity of the crime itself is statistically insignificant. Instead, you've gone back to framing the argument through the political lens...which is exactly what I said in the first place.
Again, explain the heightened security at Christmas markets this year and the increased terror threat level in many European countries right now if there nothing going on? Why do you keep evading this?

My simple point is there would be less crime and fewer terror attacks without non-Western immigrants, and all the statistics I’ve posted throughout the threat support that.

I'm not making excuses for anyone. And re: "why would I care why?", so we're back to brown people bad. Lovely.

Good talk.
Again, I never said brown people bad lol. Stop making shit up.

There are simply groups of immigrants that cause a lot more trouble than others as the data reveals. Why would I want more of those that cause trouble?

Not my task to explain why they behave like that. I just don’t want my country to suffer the consequences.

The Netherlands has always been a very tolerant country, people voting for a right wing candidate doesn’t come out of nowhere lol.

Again, I never said brown people bad lol. Stop making shit up.

There are simply groups of immigrants that cause a lot more trouble than others as the data reveals. Why would I want more of those that cause trouble?

Not my task to explain why they behave like that. I just don’t want my country to suffer the consequences.

The Netherlands has always been a very tolerant country, people voting for a right wing candidate doesn’t come out of nowhere lol.
You said the statistics pointed to violent criminals being "often second generation immigrants." So these people were born there. They did not arrive and then commit crimes, right?

So, it's clear that some kind of limitation on current immigration has nothing to do with the issue, don't you think?

Words
What an asinine opinion.

This guy didn't even make any comments about the race in the source article in the OP. In fact, the TS misrepresents the story. He didn't say his victim "looked" weird. He said he found him weird. He was merely deranged as far as we can tell. Meanwhile, the hammer attacker in Paris specifically stated that he was incensed about the treatment of Muslims in Afghanistan and Palestine as the motive for his attacks, and shouted "Allahu Akbar" during the attacks. He has a known psychiatric history, but you cannot disentangle that from his specific actions and words within the context of his crime.

Really, how do you botch this? It's so basic and undeniable how substantially different these two stories are.
What are you going on about? I never said anything about race. I said "the things in people's heads".

You want to argue they're different but also mention that one of them has a known psychiatric history. That's what's asinine. "This has nothing to do with what's going on in people's heads...even though the assailant has a known issue about what's going on in his head."

You said the statistics pointed to violent criminals being "often second generation immigrants." So these people were born there. They did not arrive and then commit crimes, right?

So, it's clear that some kind of limitation on current immigration has nothing to do with the issue, don't you think?

It's extremely clear that a complete stop on immigration from certain areas is needed for most western countries to avoid further escalation of these huge problems. Time to put our own countries and own people first again.

Again, explain the heightened security at Christmas markets this year and the increased terror threat level in many European countries right now if there nothing going on? Why do you keep evading this?

My simple point is there would be less crime and fewer terror attacks without non-Western immigrants, and all the statistics I’ve posted throughout the threat support that.
How about you provide the statistics, since you said that my point about the crimes being similar except for the lens through you view them.

You said "statistics", so get me the statistics about the prevalence of that specific type of Muslim initiated random murder in Paris.

Back