9. Dexter
10. 24

im gonna have to be THAT guy and say

X-Files
ST:NG
Married with Children

top 3 shows of all time

Come at me

As a fan of ASoIaF books, I like the story of that best. But judging on the quality of the tv shows here, The Wire is by faaaaar the best - it has the best tv writing ever penned, and beautifully executed by everyone involved.

Followed by Breaking Bad which really has no weak points and got better as it went on which is remarkable for any show. But I feel the basic premise was just stretched too thin to fill the seasons and they kept on raising the stakes with some ridiculous plot elements. Still an A show, just not A+.

GoT surpasses expectations of a book adaptation to TV, and perhaps might be the best fantasy adaptation ever. I felt season 1 was its best, but it got weaker following that as they diverged further from the books. Its main flaws are due to the criminally short time dedicated to each book and how it creates awkwardly rushed editing. Very inconsistent in quality in each episode. First season - A, the rest B+ to B.

I find Breaking Bad and Game of Thrones infinitely more entertaining than The Wire.

Throw in the obnoxious wire fans and it makes it even easier.

How do you feel about the Sopranos?

what Game of Thrones does over 10 episodes with the limited budget they have is incredible

The writers have done a great job capturing the essence of the books, and done an even better job inventing stuff that would mesh completely well in the books, it also took uninteresting stuff from the books and managed to make it great. All in all they've done great

im gonna have to be THAT guy and say

X-Files
ST:NG
Married with Children

top 3 shows of all time

Come at me

I like what you did there, and I'll raise it

Breaking Bad
Married With Children
The Walking Dead
Dexter
Oz

(I didn't rate the Wire simply because I haven't had time to watch it yet)

Breaking Bad was very, very good. I just like it more than the others. It's like picking a favorite food i guess, it's all about taste.

Game Of Thrones as of right now cannot be considered a GOAT television show. I am going to with hold judgment until the series has concluded. I will say though that what I've seen so far, the show is amazing

I however picked 1. BB - 2. Wire - 3. GoT. I wish there was an option for both Breaking Bad and The Wire to be number one. Those two shows are neck and neck when it comes to which is my all time favorite.

How anyone can even fathom the Sopranos being the greatest television show is beyond me. The show itself had some of the finest writing and some of the most memorable scenes and moments in television but there were times when the show severely dipped in quality. I mean the first half of season 6 was pretty lackluster and the ending to the series was a major slap in the face.

I voted "1. Wire - 2. BB - 3. GoT" but in honestly for me it would be "1. Wire - top 10. BB - Not even rated. GoT"

Been a while since I've seen a "Just finished The Wire" thread on the first page.

Been a while since I've seen a "Just finished The Wire" thread on the first page.
Yeah same here, the amount of people who haven't seen the Wire are dwindling which is good. I've seen the show from beginning to end five times. I would count six but one time I skipped the second season cause I was tired with the damn docks and the Sobotka family

The Walking Dead then the all the rest

The Walking Dead then the all the rest
Are you serious?

The Walking Dead is a good show but it isn't even in the same category as Game Of Thrones, Six Feet Under, The Wire, The Sopranos or Deadwood. Its tier two television if you ask me

Last edited:
I think we really need to wait until Game of Thrones has ended. Otherwise, one of these things is not like the other.

(Still plenty of time and space for GoT to utterly shit the bed).

the wire is brutally overrated

I think the farther away from Baltimore you live the less people like it. Now that's just a unpothesis (uneducated theory) but I personally find it to be true.

I think we really need to wait until Game of Thrones has ended. Otherwise, one of these things is not like the other.

(Still plenty of time and space for GoT to utterly shit the bed).
Finally someone says what I been thinking and saying. GoT cannot be thought of in the GOAT sentence until it ends. For all we know the show could end up like Dexter.

Also your avatar is bad ass. "Baby wants to fuck! Get ready to fuck. You fucker's fucker. You fucker. Don't you fuckin' look at me!...Baby wants blue velvet" Love David Lynch and Blue Velvet is an amazing film :D

Are you serious?

The Walking Dead is a good show but it isn't even in the same category as Game Of Thrones, Six Feet Under, The Wire, The Walking Dead, The Sopranos or Deadwood. Its tier two television if you ask me

Am I missing something?

Back