In which order would you put these GOAT TV series? GoT - Wire - Breaking Bad

GearSolidMetal

Plutonium Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
I always enjoy the discussion of what's considered the best series to ever be on TV, and these three are always the top 3 discussed. I thought this would be an interesting twist on the discussion with a poll.... In which order would you give your gold, silver, and bronze to each show?

The_Wire-776x1024.jpg

breaking-bad-poster.jpg

MPW-58919

Poll Incoming.

The Wire
(huge gap in quality)
Breaking Bad
Game of thrones

The Wire

Breaking Bad/GOT

I'm a big fan of the ASOIAF books and think they've done a decent job adapting the books so I'm kind of reserving my opinion for now. As it currently stands, I have them standing on relatively equal ground, but BB is probably a higher quality TV show just because the ASOIAF story can't really be done justice in a show.

The Wire is by itself as far as quality goes. They all entertain me equally, but I prefer GoT to Breaking Bad so I ranked The Wire, GoT, then BB. I've seen every episode of all three shows.

The Wire and Breaking Bad are *almost* 1a and 1b, but The Wire is the best. Game of Thrones is a distant 3rd. GoT still has a long way to go, though.

The Wire
GoT
Breaking Bad

I voted the same.

The Wire is perfect.

Game of Thrones goes overboard sometimes

Breaking Bad could have edited out like an entire season worth of tedious family drama and would still have plenty left over.

Anyone who doesn't put the Wire first should be forced to defend their position imho.

This thread was made a while back for BB vs GoT. It was neck and neck for the most part, but BB usually had the lead. Once GoT started again this thread got bumped and GoT took the lead.

http://forums.sherdog.com/forums/f48/breaking-bad-vs-game-thrones-2588367/

I think The Wire is the best of all time, but GoT is my favorite from the three. All three of the shows are amazing, so you can't go wrong with any of the orders IMO.

Thread should have been made after season 4 of GoT ended.

The Wire

Breaking Bad/GOT

I'm a big fan of the ASOIAF books and think they've done a decent job adapting the books so I'm kind of reserving my opinion for now. As it currently stands, I have them standing on relatively equal ground, but BB is probably a higher quality TV show just because the ASOIAF story can't really be done justice in a show.

I think this coloured my voting for Game of Thrones too. I have read all the books like 3 times, so the show's pacing seems off sometimes, and sometimes I am overwhelmed by nerd rage and can't get past it.

Anyone who doesn't put the Wire first should be forced to defend their position imho.

I find Breaking Bad and Game of Thrones infinitely more entertaining than The Wire.

Throw in the obnoxious wire fans and it makes it even easier.

Back