In which order would you put these GOAT TV series? GoT - Wire - Breaking Bad

Are you serious?

The Walking Dead is a good show but it isn't even in the same category as Game Of Thrones, Six Feet Under, The Wire, The Walking Dead, The Sopranos or Deadwood. Its tier two television if you ask me

Am I missing something?

tumblr_mr6iaxQKoD1r5pl3ao1_500.gif

Anyone who doesn't put the Wire first should be forced to defend their position imho.

The Wire started out solid. The first 2 seasons were some of the best tv ever made.

But the whole Red Ribbon Killer story line was just stupid. Some key characters that were great in the beginning just became parodies of themselves. The mid to later seasons were nothing special at all.

Breaking Bad started out slow but once the writers were given a timeline in which they had to wrap things up it got better. Last two seasons were just as good as the first 2 seasons of the Wire.

G.O.T. can't rightly be considered as it is still ongoing.

Honorable mentions: Sopranos Deadwood

This was a very hard decision for me because The Wire is in my opinion the best TV show ever, however I went with GOT. It's super close though.

Never cared for BB, watched one season and couldn't get into it. Lost is a better show.

Honorable mentions: Sopranos Deadwood
I am still bitter and pissed at HBO for cancelling Deadwood over budget concerns. That show was great from beginning to end. As Mr. Wu would say "Those San Francisco cocksuckers"

Its amazing that I have never actually seen the wire. Because of that I probably shouldn't have voted but did anyway. BB > GoT

I am still bitter and pissed at HBO for cancelling Deadwood over budget concerns. That show was great from beginning to end. As Mr. Wu would say "Those San Francisco cocksuckers"

Agreed. I remember HBO lied about the cancellation saying they might make a Deadwood movie or two.

Lousy cocksuckers

I've been a huge fan of BB since the beginning. It's the GOAT, for me.

I enjoyed GoT, though I finally admit it really start to click for me at the end of Season 3, and Season 4 so far has been amazing. I'd say it'll take a few more seasons for me to admit that it's overtaken BB.

That said, a poor series finale, or poor final season, of any show can soil the reputation of the entire run. If GoT overlaps GRRM's books, they'd just have a broad summary of where to go... that's very concerning. I doubt it'll turn into Dexter, or Lost, but it'll be a big dent in the overall quality of the show, as compared to BB that had a perfect run, from pilot to finale.

The only thing that drops BB down on my list is that it's gimmicky in a way. Almost every episode had a cliffhanger ending. That way you felt unsatisfied with the episode that you just watched and "Needed" to watch that next episode. Now don't get me wrong.. It worked and I watched it week to week starting mid way through season two... but it was still BS that sooooo many episodes ended with the cliffhanger.

I didn't realize GoT was held in such high regard 'round these parts. I know it gets a lot of posts in its threads but, man, Walking Dead at one point was going through like two full threads per episode within just two or three days after it airing.

I usually couldn't watch it until maybe a couple days later and I'd find they'd burned through two full damn threads. I'm not sure what the content of those posts were - I gave up on trying to catch up ... although I do seem to recall there was a ton of absolutely inane discussion about digging trenches and people repeating Sherdog Walking Dead memes, but ... yeah, idk.

Have never seen GOT. Couldn't get through the first few episodes

I didn't realize GoT was held in such high regard 'round these parts. I know it gets a lot of posts in its threads but, man, Walking Dead at one point was going through like two full threads per episode within just two or three days after it airing.

That's when it was a really good show, for the first 2 1/2 seasons.

For BB's last season, it's thread activity was comparable.

GoT's fanbase here are split between two separate threads (TV only, Book spoilers) and the numerous fighting tournament.

Have only seen the first Season of the Wire but out of the three I prefer Game of Thrones. The characters are more interesting and I love the setting, universe, and lore.

For now I would have to put Breaking Bad in 2nd and The Wire in 3rd.

The Wire
Game Of Thrones
Breaking Bad

Large gap in quality between GoT and BB

Breaking Bad started out slow but once the writers were given a timeline in which they had to wrap things up it got better. Last two seasons were just as good as the first 2 seasons of the Wire.

The last season of Breaking Bad was worse than the last season of The Wire. And Season 4 of The Wire is better than any single season of Breaking Bad.

And lol at the thread having Game of Thrones in top three if that's what is meant. It'll be lucky to be top ten when it's all done. Honestly, Breaking Bad is probably barely top 5.

I might be in the minority here, but I thought the first three seasons of Breaking Bad were better than the last two. The last two seasons banked on tension and I get pretty bored trying to watch the last two seasons over again.

THESE are the "goat TV series"? Decades of television, and these are the greatest of all time? Really?

Back