in ur face!!!

E

Eros**

when i sparr i like to be up in ppls faces. i dont know why? i have short arms so i know its bad but i can take a punch to the ribs no prob at all. so i stay on the inside or back up?

Are you boxing or kickboxing?

well boxing.... but if i street fight i find i am to far away to hit. i have to take a step or two to get in close to hit. but by then they know i'm a coming for them. well for the most part i'll say boxing.

I'm complete opposite, i'm 6ft 3" so i like my distance. If i can't keep my comfortable distance then it's time to clinch & work the knees.
Your definitely doing the right thing working in close if you got short arms, otherwise a taller opponent would pick you off with jabs. I used to box before i changed to muay thai & i remember how frustrating it was when shorter fighters got on the inside & bloodied me up. But like i said, i use my knees alswell now, so i'm comfortable whatever the distance.

If you're shorter, it's definitely to your advantage to come in close and bully around the taller fighter. You can push them around due to the lower center of gravity and genrally mess them up while being pretty safe, comparably.

i've street fight like 15 time for money. it's all different in the street. that why i dont do it any more. just cuz i DID street doesnt mean im good in a ring but i'm not that bad. i'm 22-9-2. i dont like fight to hurt someone any more. street fighting i'm 9-5-3.-----> 3 do to cops coming. no joke dont ever street fight. i'll NEVER do it again. ppl dont joke around. anyways i get hot headed and i dont think with my head. i think with my fist. i know thats bad too. but i try to stop. any tips on that?

Eros said:
i've street fight like 15 time for money. it's all different in the street. that why i dont do it any more. just cuz i DID street doesnt mean im good in a ring but i'm not that bad. i'm 22-9-2. i dont like fight to hurt someone any more. street fighting i'm 9-5-3.-----> 3 do to cops coming. no joke dont ever street fight. i'll NEVER do it again. ppl dont joke around. anyways i get hot headed and i dont think with my head. i think with my fist. i know thats bad too. but i try to stop. any tips on that?

You shouldn't have stopped taking your Ritalin.

Eros said:
Can you provide sources for your MMA record?

whats your name Eros so we can pick you apart like vultures

Eros said:
when i sparr i like to be up in ppls faces. i dont know why? i have short arms so i know its bad but i can take a punch to the ribs no prob at all. so i stay on the inside or back up?

how do you generate speed and power at a short distance like that

If you're smaller and have shorter arms then the guy you're fighting, your advantage is on the inside. If you're boxing, your best strikes on the inside will be hooks and uppercuts...angled strikes. Of course don't neglect the straights, you need them as well, but the angled approach will work to your advantage.

for post #9 i never said i was in mma. post #10 my name is matthew. i dont think you'll find me tho. post #11 i build my power from the bottom. good foot hold. i like a little wide. my strong foot in back. start at the legs the hips. i hit pass my target 3inchs to far. you know the saying " if ur going to hit the nose stop at the back of the head" i stop 3 inchs pass that. i also swing deep.

thank you to the ppl who gave tips. ( post # 5,6 and 12)as for the others say what you want. i took a risk when i posted this. like getting crap from kids that dont fight. you may know a lot. but there is a big diff from knewing how to do something. and really do it. like driving a stick.

Eros said:
for post #9 i never said i was in mma. post #10 my name is matthew. i dont think you'll find me tho.
So what rules was that record for, if you have a separate street-fighting record?

Be wary of uppercuts though on your way in. I too love to get inside and throw but more experienced fighter will time you comin in if you do it too often.

I learned this the hard way a couple times.

backyard figthing. but not as hardcore. as for rules. no hitting below the belt at ALL. we use Official SHOOTO Gloves. 100% silk boxing shorts. no hits to the face unless both fighters agree. as for the last post. yes i've gone in for a power punch to the lowwer abs and stepped in to a uppercut. put me on my butt. anything eles?

Eros said:
backyard figthing. but not as hardcore. as for rules. no hitting below the belt at ALL. we use Official SHOOTO Gloves. 100% silk boxing shorts. no hits to the face unless both fighters agree. as for the last post. yes i've gone in for a power punch to the lowwer abs and stepped in to a uppercut. put me on my butt. anything eles?
Do you allow elbows? Kicks?

no hitting below the belt at ALL. (as in nuts) and no face shots are the only rules. elbows are good. most of the fighters are not skilled to land hits like that.
RULES
#1 no nuts r to be hit in any way
#2 no face shots (moms like this rule) if both fighter agree its ok.
#3 no talking to each other befor match. (shit talking mostly) only during
#4 you can wear head gear if you like. no rules on how big or small. just what you feel ok with.

thats about it, i think?

This sounds kinda strange to me. You have a 22-9-2 record which isnt bad but shows you have experience and your looking for people on the internet to pretty much tell you how to fight. You havent learned anything in 33 fights?

pull guard and work for a triangle but why am i telling u this ur and experienced vet with close to 50 street and backyard brawls combined

Back