In terms of Elo, this is the greatest Brazil team of all-time.

Yes.

Individually they might be slightly less than that late 90s-early 2000s period, but as a team, they're completely dominant. Easily the World Cup favorites at this point.

How good are they at league of legends tho

Yes.

Individually they might be slightly less than that late 90s-early 2000s period, but as a team, they're completely dominant. Easily the World Cup favorites at this point.

I think the relative lack of star power works in their favor; it means Tite can pick players based on form rather than reputation, without getting too much backlash. Their only starters who've finished top 10 in Ballon d'Or voting are Alisson (7th) and Vini (8th).

Last edited:
I think the relative lack of star power works in their favor; it means Tite can pick players based on form rather than repuatation, without getting too much backlash. Only Neymar is undroppable.

Also, with the exception of 38 year old captain Thiago Silva, all of their starters are between the ages of 25 and 31, so they're a good combination of experience and athleticism.

Brazil-Argentina in the semis will be hot fire.

Yeah, picking Brazil for the WC always feels like a complete kopout - but I can't see further than them this year. None of the European juggernauts look very impressive.

Yes.

That just means they'll find a way to choke

Maybe.

It really is amazing how they underwhelm time and time again. They really should have 10 World Cups instead of 5.
Argentina or Netherlands is going to beat Brazil if they face each other.

Yes.

I don't think they are easily the favorites but they are favorites

i think for the first time in a long time we have a World Cup actually wide open in terms of candidates. My sneaky contender is the Netherlands, i think they will reach the semis or final. And i think Belgium will be the disappointment of the tournament, in fact i wouldn't be surprised if both Canada and Morroco advance over Belgium and Croatia.

I think the relative lack of star power works in their favor; it means Tite can pick players based on form rather than repuatation, without getting too much backlash. Only Neymar is undroppable.

Also, with the exception of 38 year old captain Thiago Silva, all of their starters are between the ages of 25 and 31, so they're a good combination of experience and athleticism.

I tend to think part of the problem is that Brazil have had all star teams for so long its almost become an expectation and in more recent years a lot of players have bene hyped towards those roles without really being at the level were "just turn up an play" is enough to win.

Doesnt mean they need to become a bland defencive team just a well organised one rather than a galatico side.

i think for the first time in a long time we have a World Cup actually wide open in terms of candidates. My sneaky contender is the Netherlands, i think they will reach the semis or final. And i think Belgium will be the disappointment of the tournament, in fact i wouldn't be surprised if both Canada and Morroco advance over Belgium and Croatia.

I agree on Belgium; they've aged out. Euro 2020 was their best opportunity for a major trophy and they blew it. There are just too many issues for them:
  1. Vermaelen is retired.
  2. Vertonghen, Witsel and Alderweireld are 33+.
  3. Lukaku and Meunier aren't fully fit.

Last edited:
2002 had 3 golden ball players (Ronaldo, Ronaldinho, Rivaldo), Roberto Carlos, Cafu many with experience playing the WC final 98, multiple copa america. I know that team was 3d in the qualifiers behind Argentina and Ecuador but in the end Brazil won a WC and the other 2 got eliminated in the first round.

Agree about Belgium but am I missing something with the Netherlands?

I look at their list and there are few top players. They only reach the final stages when their team is packed with stars like in 2010 and 2014. This cup's team is far weaker in comparison.

They have a great squad as usual, but I wouldn't call them the favorites. I think France has a good chance of winning it again. They have some players who are still class like Lloris, Mbappé and Griezmann and they called up Benzema who's one of the best strikers in the world, along with Nkunku, Camavinga, Tchouaméni, Koundé, etc.

They have a great squad as usual, but I wouldn't call them the favorites. I think France has a good chance of winning it again. They have some players who are still class like Lloris, Mbappé and Griezmann and they called up Benzema who's one of the best strikers in the world, along with Nkunku, Camavinga, Tchouaméni, Koundé, etc.

Without Kante and Pogba, they'll struggle.

The last time a reigning champ got past the last 8 was Brazil in 1998; more than 24 years ago.

The last repeat champ was Brazil in 1962; more than 60 years ago.

Argentina yeah, I can see that. But the Netherlands??? Not sure if serious...
Not sure about Brazil defense and even midfield is meh. Brazil has what 3 forwards, 3 RW's and 3 LW's (and thats with Firmino staying at home). If Tite is using Neymar as a midfielder as some suggest, idk.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back