In terms of Elo, this is the greatest Brazil team of all-time.

The 1982 team had the most talent of any Brazilian squad that I have seen while the 2002 team was the best.

This is random but I done see very many WC threads. We're a week away.

That 2002 team wasn't as great as some people make out. They had a fairly easy run to the final, and guys like Marcos, Roque Junior and Kleberson while solid players, weren't as good as their modern equivalents like Alisson, Thiago Silva and Casemiro.

Also, many guys were played out of their usual position:
  • Edmilson was played CB, instead of DM.
  • Cafu and Roberto Carlos were played WB, instead of FB.
  • Ronaldinho was played AM, instead of LW.
  • Rivaldo was played CF, instead of AM.

The current team is just generally more organized and better off the ball.

The 1982 team had the most talent of any Brazilian squad that I have seen while the 2002 team was the best.

This is random but I done see very many WC threads. We're a week away.

this is one of the worst marketed events of all time. I don’t think I’ve seen one commercial for it yet.

this is one of the worst marketed events of all time. I don’t think I’ve seen one commercial for it yet.

Who is going to this thing. My brother went to Brazil in 2014 and almost went to Russia in 2018. He didn't even bother entertaining the idea of going to Doha.

It's also the timing ... a Christmas season WC final?

The choice of Qatar was a mistake start to finish. Not surprising coming from FIFA though.

The expectations and coverage for the World Cup here in Brazil are very high, as it fits better our competition calendar because the season just ended (our championship and cups follow calendar year here).

No one to move the ball in the midfield, they will suffer very frustrating draws and defeats against other top nations but will absolutely kick the shit out of smaller nations.

Fuck Brazil, btw

Arrogance IMO. The last two world cups they acted like the champions before it even started.

Definitely not in 2018.

They completely outplayed Belgium and at one point Belgium had 1 shot on goal but were up 2-0. Things just didn't fall their way. They couldn't finish their many chances.

Similar to 2010. Completely outplay the Netherlands but still lose.

have they been tested?.

All I can remember is they lost to Argentina at home in Copa America and beat them 2 years earlier (qualifiers ended in 1 draw/ one suspended game).

I know they had a pretty kick ass qualifier round but I think that was expected, feel as some of the teams that were closing the gap in the last 10 years were weaker or older than past versions (Colombia, Chile, Uruguay, Peru), feel Ecuador is more of a Quito factor and everyone steping their game down just like in 2002 when they had huge qualifiers.

best since 82 no doubt, depth is absurd...
Hoping they will go home very soon, full o fascist cunts who are hoping for a military coup but don't have the courage to say, i never expected much from this cunts, but shit, there are limits in life.

the president has a fetiche to murder, expel or opress half of the country and they can't help but clap away, a guy who spend his whole life hating poor people and calling children in favelas getting shot by police "criminals".

To think they could be shot as colateral damage in their infacy for no reason, and the sitting president would laugh off... Fuck them.

Hoping they will go home very soon, full o fascist cunts who are hoping for a military coup but don't have the courage to say, i never expected much from this cunts, but shit, there are limits in life.

the president has a fetiche to murder, expel or opress half of the country and they can't help but clap away, a guy who spend his whole life hating poor people and calling children in favelas getting shot by police "criminals".

To think they could be shot as colateral damage in their infacy for no reason, and the sitting president would laugh off... Fuck them.

They just voted him away.

Brazil was stacked that world cup were they got massacred by germany. Argentina is going to the finals they play more as a team.

They just voted him away.
there are ongoing "protests" that are asking for military intervention because they lost, everywhere, funded by rich oligarchs, all kinds of sick shit happening right now, children and students being beat up, people getting killed, police officers being attacked, trucks of rich companies stopping roadways, road police in cahoots with thoses sick fucks, people praying in front of hundreds of military base asking for "saving"... so on and so on!

2002 team was better.

Ronaldo
Rivaldo
Ronaldinho
Cafu
Roberto Carlos

all in their primes.

there are ongoing "protests" that are asking for military intervention because they lost, everywhere, funded by rich oligarchs, all kinds of sick shit happening right now, children and students being beat up, people getting killed, police officers being attacked, trucks of rich companies stopping roadways, road police in cahoots with thoses sick fucks, people praying in front of hundreds of military base asking for "saving"... so on and so on!

So just like almost every other country when a close election happens, but with your added hyperbole

2002 team was better.

Ronaldo
Rivaldo
Ronaldinho
Cafu
Roberto Carlos

all in their primes.

2006 was the best squad since 82, but their performance was trash.

Dida

Cafu
Lúcio
Juan
Roberto Carlos

Zé Roberto
Emerson
Kaká
Ronaldinho

Adriano
Ronaldo

So just like almost every other country when a close election happens, but with your added hyperbole
what? there is literally a ton of military members supporting the protests, we were once a military dictatorship... literally this never had happen before in any election down here since we installed democracy again... our military crave their old power back and asking for a militar overthrow is a crime here, just because we got lucky that there isn't a perfect eviroment for it to happen, doesn't mean we should ignore all together, the intentions are pretty real even if the results they want won't materialize.

Extremely impressive on the field... extremely disappointing off of it.

That 2002 team wasn't as great as some people make out. They had a fairly easy run to the final, and guys like Marcos, Roque Junior and Kleberson while solid players, weren't as good as their modern equivalents like Alisson, Thiago Silva and Casemiro.

Also, many guys were played out of their usual position:
  • Edmilson was played CB, instead of DM.
  • Cafu and Roberto Carlos were played WB, instead of FB.
  • Ronaldinho was played AM, instead of LW.
  • Rivaldo was played CF, instead of AM.

The current team is just generally more organized and better off the ball.
I imagine you are not brazilian, because there are some very euro-centric tatical "bias" in your avaliation of positions here.
Back in the 80's brazilian teams used to play a lot with attacking wingers (not sure the perfect term in english, we called them PONTAS) and we used the equivalent of today 4-3-3.

But for some retarded reason in the 90's, side midfielders and attacking wingers were literally extinct, no coach played with side midfielders or side attackers, the only one we got in that era, that i can remember is SÁVIO.

So ours full back were the ones responsible for filling the sides in all attacking phases, so our FB were breed as a european WB (like the ones o 3-5-2 formation), they actually had to adapt to the more defensive responsible full back tradition in europe, not the other way around. Cafú especially positioned himself way more offensivelly on the pitch.

Ronaldinho also was breed in the ofensive centre midfield position (number 10 like we call), and later adapted himself to LW to fit on the rijkaard's dutch 4-3-3 style.

We didn't had side winger and midfield in that era, all of them are full back converts like Serginho, Zé Roberto, and so on that transitioned in europe.
It was a questionable tatical "revolution/involution", and now we embark in a new retarted trend, one where we don't breed the historical brazilian biggest diference maker, the classical ACM or number 10.

But i agree with the rest, 2002 was just the easiest road to glory ever.

2006 was the best squad since 82, but their performance was trash.

Dida

Cafu
Lúcio
Juan
Roberto Carlos

Zé Roberto
Emerson
Kaká
Ronaldinho

Adriano
Ronaldo
2002 was better because of Rivaldo