In retrospect, aren't you glad they gave GSP the decision over Hendricks?

Watching the fight and viewing it entirely through the mindset of 5 individual rounds and how a judge would usually score it, I don't find GSP winning that fight that outlandish.

Watching the fight with emotions turned on I think Hendricks won.

I'll put it this way. I was a huge fan of Oscar De La Hoya. I thought that he beat Felix Trinidad, Shane Mosley in the rematch, but those were close fights. Not going to cry about it that he didn't get the nod.

Not really. Hendricks whooped GSP's ass. He won that fight and should have been awarded the decision. This was obvious to everyone at the time and has only become less clear because of pro-GSP (and anti-Hendricks) bias trying to justify an awful decision.

GSP was a great champion, so it's not as if this marred his career or anything. And Hendricks eventually became champ, so it didn't really ruin his career either. So I don't think it matters greatly in the long run.
I disagree with the first paragraph. It was a very close fight and IMO it's really surprising how everyone acts like there are only 2 possible outcomes. I believe it was a draw. Considering how close the first round was I don't see any other conclusion to draw so I don't get all the butt hurt from everyone. If it was a draw, GSP retains the title anyway.

Okey, first time I watch the fight... What a robbery.

407_gsp_and_johny_hendricks.0.jpg

UFC-167-Georges-St-Pierre-Vs.-Johny-Hendricks-MMAnytt-6261.jpg

20130317084203_IMG_4571.JPG

Even Dana said that Hendricks actually won...
That being said, GSP was his big money cow

Super glad. I think about it all the time. Usually before more pressing manners like eating or flossing.

Hendricks also won both fights against lawler, anyway im happy he's gone

I could see it for either guy. Comes down to round 1. GSP's submission attempt or Hendricks elbows to end the round.

Not really. Hendricks whooped GSP's ass. He won that fight and should have been awarded the decision. This was obvious to everyone at the time and has only become less clear because of pro-GSP (and anti-Hendricks) bias trying to justify an awful decision.

GSP was a great champion, so it's not as if this marred his career or anything. And Hendricks eventually became champ, so it didn't really ruin his career either. So I don't think it matters greatly in the long run.

The night of, Sherdog had a poll. The poll was around 55/45 Hendricks-GSP.

that is not "clear" bud.

Even Dana said that Hendricks actually won...
That being said, GSP was his big money cow

GSP was retiring. Why the fuck would Dana say GSP should still be the champion when it was close enough to take advantage of a new champ?

I'm Canadian, was watching it at a bar in Toronto ONT Canada, even though we were all cheering for GSP, after the fight many people in the bar even said they thought GSP lost the fight

Win or lose, it was satisfying to see GSP get his face smashed in by Hendricks.
A win is a win. Obviously, something Hendricks' hasn't figured out yet. 70% Hendricks can't even beat a plate of cheeseburgers.

It wouldn't have really mattered in the grand scheme of things.

Hendricks went on to fight the number one contender, won, got hurt and Lawler earned his way back to a rematch and won.

GSP won round one...therefore more rounds...therefore the fight. It's about rounds, not who did more damage overall...and by that standard GSP won. I'm especially ok with the decision given that when it's super close, the champ should get the nod...and also because when a guy who's supposed to be gunning for the champ quits and fails in the 5th round...that guy is NOT championship material. Throw in that Big Pig was surely juiced up, and clearly it went the right way.

A win is a win. Obviously, something Hendricks' hasn't figured out yet. 70% Hendricks can't even beat a plate of cheeseburgers.
I'm not a Hendricks fan, buddeh. Tearing him down like that does nothing to erase the battered face he left GSP with.

Last edited:
Back