In retrospect, aren't you glad they gave GSP the decision over Hendricks?

GSP won, so people need to get over it. Did Hendricks do more damage? No question. Does it show a flaw in the scoring system? Yes.

Did GSP arguably win the only questionable round (Round 1)? Yes

People need to move the fuck on from that fight. Also, there is a great chance Hendricks was "juiced to the gills" when he fought GSP and probably everyone else before that.

And he won the last round too. He wasn't just holding on to the win. Like some said, Hendricks took his foot off the pedal. He lost the fight, perhaps more than GSP won it. That was also true of the rounds where Hendricks did the most damage. GSP came back in the latter half, to negate any 10-8 scenario.

Last edited:
No, I'm not glad. I like decisions to be correct. I don't like to creative narratives and play make believe.

I'm not a Hendricks fan, buddy. Tearing him down like that does nothing to erase the battered face he left GSP with.
I never meant that comment in the sense that you were a Hendricks fanboy. It was meant in the sense that GSP came to fight smart for 25 minutes and won, Hendricks came to fight for 20 and cruise to a win he thought he had already earned. I think it was a close fight, but also that the right decision was made.

With the rules which will be in effect starting 1.1.2017, the decision might be different. Maybe a rematch is in order if they are both active then.
I must have missed this, what are the new rule revisions?

GSP won. This isn't a "Who looked worse after the fight" sport.

Why? Both fighters are irrelevant now in the USADA era.

I never meant that comment in the sense that you were a Hendricks fanboy. It was meant in the sense that GSP came to fight smart for 25 minutes and won, Hendricks came to fight for 20 and cruise to a win he thought he had already earned. I think it was a close fight, but also that the right decision was made.
Sorry, buddeh. GSP gave it his all, I can respect that. IMO, that was Hendrick's best performances in the octagon. He's been mediocre to shit since then.

Pumping Hendricks tires won't erase his loss either, buddeh!
As a fan, like I said before, I didn't care who won or not. GSP got the W.....but he also got a couple of years beaten out of him.

Not a fan of GSP but he won it. Hendricks is a baby back bitch.
terry-crews-baby-back-bitch-o.gif

Go watch Taekwondo, if you want point fighting. Damage matters.

Back