In retrospect, aren't you glad they gave GSP the decision over Hendricks?

Yes. 100%

But they didn't "gave" anything.

He won the fight.

Nope..

He should have lost.. But it did chase him away for 3 years.

Its pretty crazy where Hendricks is at now only a couple years after coming the closest of anyone to beating GSP without actually doing it. He has fallen on hard times.

Well yeah...

He won the fight. WTF ?

what-are-you-talking-about.gif

At the time I thought Hendricks won.

Watching the fight several times after that...under the 10 pt must system...GSP did in fact win.

It was Hendricks' fight and he took the foot of the gas pedal. Cost him the win.

So to answer TS question....Yes.

Whatever keeps Jonny out of the limelight and not doing interviews I'm a fan of. Know what I mean?

Not really. Hendricks whooped GSP's ass. He won that fight and should have been awarded the decision. This was obvious to everyone at the time and has only become less clear because of pro-GSP (and anti-Hendricks) bias trying to justify an awful decision.

GSP was a great champion, so it's not as if this marred his career or anything. And Hendricks eventually became champ, so it didn't really ruin his career either. So I don't think it matters greatly in the long run.

Lol people actually think GSP won because he landed a few more jabs... GSP got rocked so many times fuck outta here. Roidricks > Georges

At the time I thought Hendricks won.

Watching the fight several times after that...under the 10 pt must system...GSP did in fact win.

It was Hendricks' fight and he took the foot of the gas pedal. Cost him the win.

So to answer TS question....Yes.

This.

Its pretty crazy where Hendricks is at now only a couple years after coming the closest of anyone to beating GSP without actually doing it. He has fallen on hard times.

He played himself.

GSP won, so people need to get over it. Did Hendricks do more damage? No question. Does it show a flaw in the scoring system? Yes.

Did GSP arguably win the only questionable round (Round 1)? Yes

People need to move the fuck on from that fight. Also, there is a great chance Hendricks was "juiced to the gills" when he fought GSP and probably everyone else before that.

Win or lose, it was satisfying to see GSP get his face smashed in by Hendricks.

gsp would probably be a bigger favorite today based on hendricks' recent performances.

Watching it live I thought that he lost, seeing it again I realized I was heavily influenced by Rogan's commentary. The fight was very close. Honestly I don't know why anyone would have issue with GSP winning a close decision like that? Close/controversial has been a huge part of combat sports.

Not at all, no.

And in hindsight it didn't really change shit since Hendricks became champion next fight.

Back