In reality, Miesha's BJJ is blue belt level

The MMA Patriot

-
Banned
Reaction score
Miesha-Tate-vs-Holly-Holm-1024x576.jpg

Any purple belt understands the basic principle of not crossing your feet when you have someone's back

I teach this to white belts, that being said the counter only really works when the person has their feet crossed tightly, if they haven't it's pretty easy to slip out of it. I've seen high level black belts do this also, it can work if the leg placement of their other person isn't a threat, ie at a slight angle.

In the interview, Callen asks Cerrone a question about Jones's unwillingness to embrace his inner heel and whether that affects his performance but then quickly says that he doesn't want to put Cerrone on the spot. Cerrone replies:

"I don't give a f*ck. Jon can come and talk to me. We have plenty of disputes all the time, him and I... We almost had at it, him and I. At Jackson's. I spoke - this is before all the wild Jon came out - and I spoke about him being wild and he was like 'what the f*ck, you putting me out like that?' and I was like 'what's up motherf*cker?' But that's behind the scenes.

"What happened was all the UFC cameras were there that day and I came at Jon like, 'what's up?' And he comes at me and goes, ‘Cowboy' and puts his God hat on and got to work. He just said 'Cowboy, I just don't understand, I'm so nice to you, all I do is try to help you and this is how you treat me, this is how you want to come at me?' And I remember pointing at him like 'you motherf*cker.'"

It won't matter if you have sunk the choke already. I don't remember if she got it under the chin quickly or if they battled with the position but you can cross your feet with having the choke deep.

You are right, anyway.

Meisha had Hollys back and applied the choke when they were in the standing position. She only crossed her feet when they went to the floor and the choke was well sunk.

I think this video relates more to preventing the choke does it not?

In the interview, Callen asks Cerrone a question about Jones's unwillingness to embrace his inner heel and whether that affects his performance but then quickly says that he doesn't want to put Cerrone on the spot. Cerrone replies:

"I don't give a f*ck. Jon can come and talk to me. We have plenty of disputes all the time, him and I... We almost had at it, him and I. At Jackson's. I spoke - this is before all the wild Jon came out - and I spoke about him being wild and he was like 'what the f*ck, you putting me out like that?' and I was like 'what's up motherf*cker?' But that's behind the scenes.

"What happened was all the UFC cameras were there that day and I came at Jon like, 'what's up?' And he comes at me and goes, ‘Cowboy' and puts his God hat on and got to work. He just said 'Cowboy, I just don't understand, I'm so nice to you, all I do is try to help you and this is how you treat me, this is how you want to come at me?' And I remember pointing at him like 'you motherf*cker.'"

???

what happens in the time and in practice are 2 different things

Meisha had Hollys back and applied the choke when they were in the standing position. She only crossed her feet when they went to the floor and the choke was well sunk.

yeah that's the part where you don't cross your feet because when they're standing they can't lock your feet.

I think this video relates more to preventing the choke does it not?

I did that against someone who caught me in a RNC once and he tapped before I did.

In reality... it didn't matter much at that point. If Holly recognized Miesha's mistake, and went for the crank, who's going to tap first here?

edit:
Dude tells it like it is around 25 secs.

Actually you're probably a blue belt, this don't cross your feet shit is the #1 stuff that keyboard warriors love to point out all the time,
you're exactly like the guys who write "keep your hands up!!!" under videos of pro fighters

Holly did that flip and Tate was just hanging on for dear life, say what you will about Butterface, she pitbulled her way to a win and didn't let go for nuttin.

It matters only when you're riding, not when the choke is sunk deep and cranked.

Actually you're probably a blue belt, this don't cross your feet shit is the #1 stuff that keyboard warriors love to point out all the time,
you're exactly like the guys who write "keep your hands up!!!" under videos of pro fighters

I'm a black belt.

PM me and I'll tell you my real name so you can search my tournament history.

lol...

It worked out fine for her, though. Seems weird to assume that she doesn't know this, when you know for sure that it wasn't something she needed to worry about against Holly Holm (with all due respect to Holly), especially after she had the choke sunk in that well.

Also, what does your Cerrone/Jones post have to do with this topic? That was confusing.

yeah that's the part where you don't cross your feet because when they're standing they can't lock your feet.

I did that against someone who caught me in a RNC once and he tapped before I did.

As its a counter against an attempted Rear naked choke, the point is she already had it sunk in when she crossed her feet.

Counter the attempt maybe....but no top level pro is going to overcome a sunk pen rear naked with that ankle lock.

Back