In reality, Miesha's BJJ is blue belt level

I guess it should be a No-Contest than. Alert the commission.

Seriously, wtf does any of that have to do with the op?
giphy.gif

Of course it's a difference; They are different positions alltogether. The shit Werdum got from armchair grapplers from doing that is however, completely analogous to what you're doing here. I get it, people want there to be big, overarching rules, even when shit is somewhat more complicated. You need to think about if you're being too dogmatic when it comes to technique here, and even if you don't think so, reflect a little on if you're being judgemental without much cause or purpose.

I posted three arguments and a video, and you chose to respond to an analogy - that is, the rhetorical part with the least substance. I'd advice you to check the other parts, especially the video, and reflect a little on why some obviously competent grapplers have a very different opinion than yourself.

Any purple belt understands the basic principle of not crossing your feet when you have someone's back

Punch a black belt in the face, he becomes a brown belt. Punch him again, purple…”.

BJJ training and MMA title fight are two quite different thinks.

Miesha-Tate-vs-Holly-Holm-1024x576.jpg

Any purple belt understands the basic principle of not crossing your feet when you have someone's back

Imagine if Velickovic had known and done it on Graves. He might have won.

Truth is EVERYBODY ON SHERDOG knows that. God knows we've all heard Rogan say it 1000 times (Bas also used to say it).

Yet somehow none of the fighters know it. And there's a reason for that, believe it or not....

The thing with actial fighting is split second decicions. Working as a bouncer in a in a bar was one of the best lessons I learnerd. Sure the man had me by 6 inches and almost 100lbs, and I'm 6"00 200 lbs. Getting picked up and slammed down is no fun.
I got lucky and ended up in triangle and just squeezed.
Luckily.
I thank my uncle. (A mixed matrist if anyone has seen, wrestling, kung fu , karate, jui jistu, boxing, kempo, any form of kick boxing) for making me fight my friends and cousins. I've seen the man straight kick man and he puked instantaneous. That being said....
Anyone who steps in deserves respect.

Punch a black belt in the face, he becomes a brown belt. Punch him again, purple…”.

BJJ training and MMA title fight are two quite different thinks.

This. Tate was already a White Belt by the time Round 5 came.

Bas used to remind us of that all the time. "Punch him in the face..."

Never white knuckle the textbook.

G-Assistir-luta-online-Vinny-Magalhaes-vs-Fabricio-Werdum-no-ADCC-2011.jpg

Omg! Werdum is a white belt crossing his legs on an armbar!

Ronda need to teach that guy how to activate his hips and "hug" the arm - what a barbaric and prehistoric way to do crossover armbar...

crossing your feet in armbars/back position
people ask in seminars

usually the answer is "yea your not supposed to cross, but in real life sometimes it happens"

i do believe Roger Gracie almost always crosses his legs on armbars

Miesha-Tate-vs-Holly-Holm-1024x576.jpg

I learned that at white belt lol. Doesn't matter dat ass is black belt level. That fight was two top level asses fighting it out to be the best ass.

The thing with actial fighting is split second decicions. Working as a bouncer in a in a bar was one of the best lessons I learnerd. Sure the man had me by 6 inches and almost 100lbs, and I'm 6"00 200 lbs. Getting picked up and slammed down is no fun.
I got lucky and ended up in triangle and just squeezed.
Luckily.
I thank my uncle. (A mixed matrist if anyone has seen, wrestling, kung fu , karate, jui jistu, boxing, kempo, any form of kick boxing) for making me fight my friends and cousins. I've seen the man straight kick man and he puked instantaneous. That being said....
Anyone who steps in deserves respect.
Woah

Back